THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Covid News

The American death rate is now about 1 in 425.
The delta is here and it is bad and the winter air creates an enhanced susceptibility.
If you are eligible to get the booster get it ASAP.

Now there is a new variant that came from South Africa and has arrived in Europe.
It is far worse then delta and the vaccines are not as strong against it. It will come here.
So read up on this and get the booster if you can.
11/26/2021 10:41 AM
Addendum to Covid News - Amended

The new variant is called the Omicron variant.
The original Covid is called Alpha and the first variant is Delta which is worse then Alpha.
The new variant will coexist with Delta but it considered even more transmissible and could be more deadly although that is undetermined.
The scientists warned from the very very beginning that variants based upon mutations would come and the more unvaccinated there would be the worse the variant effect would be. When there are too many unvaccinated there are many many more transmissions that directly causes fertile opportunity for mutations and variations which are usually more resistant and worse. The virus example of survival of the fittest. So Thank You Very Much To The Great Unvaccinated - Thank You For Your Service.
The scientific community believes that the new variant comes from an immune compromised untreated aids/hiv patient presumably in Africa.
South Africa is only 24% vaccinated and they are now in great trouble. Africa itself is only 6% vaccinated.

With already 1/425 dead in USA get your booster if you can and if you are not vaccinated get it done ASAP because the winter is the most deadly season and delta is spreading among the young much worse then Alpha and we don’t know how soon Botswana will arrive on our shores.
11/26/2021 2:34 PM (edited)
News To Follow This Week

1. Supreme Court decisions on Monday.
It is possible that the Texas abortion case could be one, or not.
2. The Abortion Super Bowl case - the Mississippi case will be heard maybe live on radio and TV.
If not expect play by play like the old radio boxing match returns. For those who love history and monumental events this is one of those.
3. Check out the new pentagon homeland security styled group to follow ufos. Highest levels all together in one group. If they still thought it was weather anomaly no way this group is empaneled.
Flying under the radar but a good one to keep tabs on.
4. Get your shots and booster if you can. The only people dying with only a few exceptions are the unvaccinated. If you have 2 shots and need the booster get it because the efficacy of the 2 shots is not forever and now is the highest transmission season with 2 variants out there.
5. Some more indictments for contempt of the house subpoenas. Once the justice Dept starts these the midterms can’t help these people. They are in criminal contempt. One or two more maybe this week.
6. Possibly some announcements of who is running for governor in Texas. It is possible that Beto will run as well as Matthew McConaughey. He could run as independent or in Republican primary....fascinating.
11/28/2021 9:02 PM (edited)
bronxcheer is alive and posted in the MLB forumyesterday
11/29/2021 12:53 AM
It seems like he is only allowed to post pictures.
11/29/2021 7:12 AM
Wis Texas News Update

Matthew McConaughey has said he will not run.
The plan was to primary Abbott. He was whomping Abbott in the polls. Maybe he didn’t want to be in a scorched earth race.

So it will be Beto vs Abbott.
The Supreme Court case on Wednesday could have an impact on what the issues will be.
11/29/2021 11:44 AM
I’d love to know what small things anyone does to help with the environment that maybe others can learn from. If there is any interest.

Please don’t make this an opportunity to start a debate on climate change and such. That would be crappy and spiteful so I put that out there.

One thing I can mention is that there are a few companies that have totally environment safe coffee kuerig pods. The company is Cameron’s and they are readily available. I get Toasted Southern Pecan and they have others which I will try as well. The pecan is very good.
The cups are not plastic so completely safe.
Small contributions add up.
11/29/2021 7:06 PM
Lee Elder passed on Monday November 28.
He was a pioneering and trailblazing golfer and quite a good one at that.
He is mourned in the golfing and sports world.
11/30/2021 9:23 AM
The Trump White House records case is being held today. It is a slam dunk that they will affirm the district court ruling. I think it is fair to expect a fast track to the Supreme Court and a quick decision.
11/30/2021 10:00 AM
Covid News Central

The CDC has said that everyone including 16-17 should get the booster.
The danger of the new variant is not fully known but they say that the third shot will definitely help.
11/30/2021 12:48 PM
Tomorrow is the Abortion Case in the Supreme Court.
Get your snacks ready if you are going to follow on TV.
11/30/2021 12:50 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 11/23/2021 9:55:00 PM (view original):
The Jetson Top Ten Christmas Albums Of All Times

10. The Jackson 5 Christmas Album
9. The Brian Setzer Band - Christmas Rocks
8. The Frank Sinatra Christmas Album
7. Aimee Mann - One More Drifter in The Snow
6. The Andy Williams Christmas Album
5. Ella Fitzgerald Swinging Christmas Album
4. The Elvis Presley Christmas Album
3. A Dino Christmas
2. The Beach Boys Christmas Album
1. The Phil Spector Christmas Album
Another great album to add to the list -
Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass : The Christmas Album - 1968. It was from their prime years and If you like their music this album will be everything you would expect it to be.

Mariah Carey wrote her Christmas standard - All I want for Christmas is You in 1994 when she was 24.
One of the greatest Christmas songs it racks in between $ 600,000 and $ 1,000,000 each year.
Quite a tidy sum if you ask me.
11/30/2021 1:33 PM (edited)
No love for John Denver and The Muppets Christmas Album?!??
11/30/2021 1:50 PM
Posted by bottomlee on 11/30/2021 1:50:00 PM (view original):
No love for John Denver and The Muppets Christmas Album?!??
I do really love The Rainbow Connection Song
especially by Willie Nelson.
11/30/2021 2:45 PM (edited)
Albums are being culled and many are being listened to for my list of albums to take to the desert island. Everything minus classical which can be for a different day.

Maybe ready by mid December. This will be a true high fidelity list.
11/30/2021 4:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...63|64|65|66|67...174 Next ▸
THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.