Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by robusk on 5/11/2023 8:51:00 PM (view original):
My weakest teams gets to share a division with ash and raggedclaws while my second weakest team gets to share a division with ash, dBKC and dh555. Woohoo!!!
Those are (supposedly) my 3rd and 2nd best teams respectively.
5/11/2023 11:24 PM
KD used to be my favorite player - I got into the league because of the KD/Russ/Harden/Ibaka Thunder. Now he's just a

5/11/2023 11:36 PM
Posted by robusk on 5/11/2023 8:47:00 PM (view original):
Glancing at the combined numbers, the toughest division draws:
  • steelers821
  • jcred5
  • dBKC
  • jkaye24
  • robusk
the weakest division draws:
  • 20ks
  • benhoidal
  • ty82moss
  • dh555
  • pbandj
Wait what!?!? I’ll have to pretend to be surprised by this
5/11/2023 11:38 PM
Posted by raggedclaws on 5/11/2023 11:36:00 PM (view original):
KD used to be my favorite player - I got into the league because of the KD/Russ/Harden/Ibaka Thunder. Now he's just a

Not a great series for him. 3's were not falling and just stopped shooting them in the end.
5/12/2023 8:33 AM
I really want team continuity and the regular season to matter and this series was a big win in that regard.
5/12/2023 10:27 AM
Sorry guys. Didn’t get a chance to align the divisions last night due to be completely dead inside . I’ll set them up as soon as I get home today.

5/12/2023 10:29 AM
Posted by dh555 on 5/11/2023 7:32:00 PM (view original):
some player season omissions i noticed when checking rosters....

jethroeg - 93-94 and 94-95 shaq

jethro noooo! what are you doing here? two of his highest min seasons! cant be the defense since you went with 97-98 shaq...im baffled

jpevans31 - 71-72 and 72-73 cliff ray

those are 2 of the 3 reasons why you would draft cliff ray! elite rebounding! the towels scare you off i guess? maybe the lower efg?

24kpyrite - 11-12 dwight

this one i kinda get...you paired 16-17 dwight with the best(89-90) ewing...im guessing you didnt need the extra usage and the higher efg/oreb was more important...id have a hard time passing up the higher mins/usg/def of 11-12 tho...3.7 fp48 in 11-12 too

pbandj - 89-90 and 90-91 rodman

3 seasons of rodman at pf....whhhyyyyyyy!!!! you have ben wallace and towns!...so i guess those 3 will form a roatation at the 4/5? thats a usage nightmare...i really think you needed a high usg backup for towns...maybe im a bit biased because i failed miserably playing him at pf, but rodman should always be at sf in savage

albiband0 - 68-69 wilt

71-72 has better defense(100 to 80) but thats about it...i dont think low usage 70s wilt should ever be used in savage...give me the extra paint scoring

chewy3344 - 97-98 duncan

im thinking it was the tov% and lower dreb%? tough to leave out 1000 more mins and +5 efg tho

raggedclaws - 06-07 dirk

no mvp dirk? gotta be the lower per% right? seems to be the only thing 16-17 has got on 06-07

benhoidal - 93-94 drob

lower efg% and dreb% then 94-95 but i always had a had a soft spot for mvp drob...i love the 14.7 ast% and he absolutely lives at the ft line

edsortails - 96-97 stockton

its the 2nd best stockton! and you needed the 3s

ashamael - 06-07 chandler

im guessing defense? its the best rebounding chandler with the 3rd most mins so i was a bit surprised

midge - 18-19 or 19-20 jokic

not too surprising but i thought you might go for the higher usg or more mins

yes dh555, that was a coin toss for wilt 68-69, but my thought was that I had enough usage already / i wanted the 100 D at the center position!

let'see!
5/12/2023 12:58 PM
This is the wrong time for me to say this, but better Nate than lever.

I want to thank Rob especially, and also everyone else involved, for putting together the amazing eval videos for the rest of us to enjoy. Rob is a very busy guy, and for him to take the time to make these is great.

I play WIS basketball for fun, but what greatly adds to the enjoyment of it all is the other people here at this site. It’s so nice to site-mail or even text people here who I have gotten to know, even if it’s just a little bit. I met gerryred for lunch one day halfway between our homes and we had a great time talking basketball and eating burgers. Whenever, we can get our schedules to align, I am hoping that beloud and I can meet for lunch in Portugal.

In addition to the people, the winner written evals are fantastic. There have been a number of different styles and formats, and most of the time they are well worth reading and much appreciated.

On top of that, sometimes people will go above and beyond, like when Ben wrote his Games of Zones masterpiece. Simply amazing! The Sim Devil podcasts were also fantastic!

I also need to mention ash, who taught us all how to play the game. If he posted his grocery list or an analysis of best colors for socks I would totally read it, because he has a gift for analysis, and then being able to write it down in a way that (okay, I’m not sure how to finish that sentence. If you absolutely need the rest of the sentence please ask ash to finish it for me. He can do it.). I also want to include an analysis of the best colours for socks for our Canadian friends who frequent this site.

Last, but not least, I would like to mention 24kpyrite. I don’t have anything else to say about him at this time, I just wanted to mention him.

Anyhow, even if we don’t always say it, all of the evals and podcasts and essays and friendly arguments and videos are what make this site great. Keep it up guys, it is all greatly appreciated.

5/12/2023 1:11 PM
Not saying I’m right but last season I used these wilt seasons

65-66, 26 usage, 54EFG, 90D, 15/28 Reb, 12Ast
66-67, 18 usage, 68EFG, 90D, 16/27 Reb, 17Ast
67-68, 20 usage, 59EFG, 100D, 15/26 Reb, 18Ast
71-72, 13 usage, 65EFG, 100D, 14/25 Reb, 10Ast
72-73, 11 usage, 73 EFG, 100D, 13/24 Reb, 11Ast
I think having 100 or 90 D for all 48 minutes vs an 80 defense is more substantial than contemplating defense from a 24-30 mpg player. To say it differently, the more minutes the player can play, the more weighted those stat differences become. Feel free to debate.
5/12/2023 1:24 PM
Better Nate than Lever.

Who do you want running your Savage Squads?
Votes: 16
(Last vote received: 5/13/2023 9:16 AM)
5/12/2023 1:40 PM
Who would you be "Happy" getting in the 8th?
(Last vote received: 5/13/2023 9:16 AM)
5/12/2023 1:45 PM
Late grab compost pick?
(Last vote received: 5/13/2023 9:17 AM)
5/12/2023 1:51 PM
Once upon a time a man was hiking through the desert and he came across a lever, sticking out of the ground. He was just about to pull it when he heard a voice say “don’t do that.” He looked around and didn’t see anything so he once again reached for the lever. Once again, he heard “please don’t pull that lever, that’s the lever that stops the world.” As he looked around again he saw a snake slither out from behind a rock. The man did a double take and the snake continued, “hello, my name is Nate and it’s my job to guard the lever that stops the world.” The man said, “you’re talking.” Nate answered, “yes I am.” The man stammered, “but you’re a snake.” Nate replied, “yes I am. You see, it makes it a lot easier to warn people about the lever that stops the world if I can talk.” So the man went back to civilization and told people about Nate the talking snake and the lever that stops the world. At first, nobody believed him, but he finally convinced a few people to go see Nate the talking snake and the lever that stops the world and before too long Nate became a sensation. The state highway department built a two lane highway that passed by the lever so people could drive by and see the lever that stops the world. They also built a small parking lot and a rest stop so people could get out of their cars and talk to Nate. All was good with Nate the talking snake and the lever that stopped the world. Then one day a truck driver was in the area and decided that he would like to see Nate and the lever. So he took the scenic route and was heading towards the lever when he saw that Nate was slithering across the highway, right in front of his truck. The truck driver saw Nate and veered his truck away from Nate, but he had aimed his vehicle right at the lever that stops the world. The truck driver then sees the lever and realizes that he can’t run over the lever, because that would stop the world. He panics and turns the truck back the other way and very sadly, he runs over Nate the talking snake, killing him instantly. He slams on the breaks and screeches to a halt. He gets out, totally crestfallen since he had just run over and killed Nate the talking snake. Another man in a car had been driving down the highway, coming from the other direction, and saw the whole thing happen. He stopped his car and ran over to the somewhat stunned truck driver. “Why did you do that? You just ran over Nate the talking snake!” The truck driver looked up and said, “better Nate than lever.”
5/12/2023 2:08 PM
Posted by Midge on 5/12/2023 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Once upon a time a man was hiking through the desert and he came across a lever, sticking out of the ground. He was just about to pull it when he heard a voice say “don’t do that.” He looked around and didn’t see anything so he once again reached for the lever. Once again, he heard “please don’t pull that lever, that’s the lever that stops the world.” As he looked around again he saw a snake slither out from behind a rock. The man did a double take and the snake continued, “hello, my name is Nate and it’s my job to guard the lever that stops the world.” The man said, “you’re talking.” Nate answered, “yes I am.” The man stammered, “but you’re a snake.” Nate replied, “yes I am. You see, it makes it a lot easier to warn people about the lever that stops the world if I can talk.” So the man went back to civilization and told people about Nate the talking snake and the lever that stops the world. At first, nobody believed him, but he finally convinced a few people to go see Nate the talking snake and the lever that stops the world and before too long Nate became a sensation. The state highway department built a two lane highway that passed by the lever so people could drive by and see the lever that stops the world. They also built a small parking lot and a rest stop so people could get out of their cars and talk to Nate. All was good with Nate the talking snake and the lever that stopped the world. Then one day a truck driver was in the area and decided that he would like to see Nate and the lever. So he took the scenic route and was heading towards the lever when he saw that Nate was slithering across the highway, right in front of his truck. The truck driver saw Nate and veered his truck away from Nate, but he had aimed his vehicle right at the lever that stops the world. The truck driver then sees the lever and realizes that he can’t run over the lever, because that would stop the world. He panics and turns the truck back the other way and very sadly, he runs over Nate the talking snake, killing him instantly. He slams on the breaks and screeches to a halt. He gets out, totally crestfallen since he had just run over and killed Nate the talking snake. Another man in a car had been driving down the highway, coming from the other direction, and saw the whole thing happen. He stopped his car and ran over to the somewhat stunned truck driver. “Why did you do that? You just ran over Nate the talking snake!” The truck driver looked up and said, “better Nate than lever.”
droll
5/12/2023 2:48 PM
Posted by Midge on 5/12/2023 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Did you just make that up because of the Nate vs Lever poll, or happen to know a joke based on those names? Either way - that was fun!
5/12/2023 5:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28|29...42 Next ▸
Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.