TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 11:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/31/2018 10:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 5/30/2018 7:29:00 PM (view original):
Ahhhhh, you better look a little closer. Wrong again right winger lol. THAT comment was from your right wing sympatico Boris........... who's pretty free with spewing namecalling and insults. lol
What World do you live in where someone typing: "btw..i don't just disrespect trump......i hate him" isn't being hateful?

I only spew insults at tangplay. Who says he wants to eliminate the electoral college and at bad luck sometimes, who called Ben Shapiro a white supremacist and wants to tax millionaires at 99%. He btw also called tangplay an idiot.

I don't insult anyone else.

TRUTH
you've called me an idiot and stupid, and I'm pretty sure you've called Taint that as well. I could probably find other instances too, if I cared enough, but I don't.
Find that post. All I know is that you called me a terrible person.
Posted by wylie715 on 5/25/2018 4:19:00 PM (view original):
what does loving America have to do with the electoral college?
Quote post by cccp1014 on 5/25/2018 6:42:00 PM:
Idiot. The electoral college is partially what makes America great.

There you go, One example of you calling me an idiot. I know there are others, but I'm not looking for them. Now you find the post where I called you a horrible person. I did say I thought Trump was a horrible person and it worried me that you said you admired him. That is nowhere near the same as saying you are a horrible person. I think the worst thing I have ever called you is a Red Sox fan, which I admit, is pretty bad.
I probably confused you with TP. My bad. So used to him posting idiotic stuff.
6/1/2018 9:55 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/1/2018 9:45:00 AM (view original):
OK so this has been going back and forth. Let me speak on this.

Both of my kids are in middle school. They have friends from all sorts of races, genders and beliefs. One of my daughter's friends has two mothers. In their eyes everyone is the same and they truly don't see it any differently. They have two kids in their school who are transitioning, gender neutral bathrooms and busing from poorer areas.

They have no biases. Their kids will have no biases. Why? Because my wife and I don't have biases. They are taught to treat each person on their own merits. This is my opinion how it should be.

Tangplay and bad luck immediately label and I don't want my kids around these types of people so I attack them pretty harshly because to me they are the problem not the solution. Rightly or wrongly, that is my stance.
See, here’s the deal. Someone says “institutional racism is still a thing and it’s a problem,” and you take it personally.

It doesn’t have anything to do with you, you have no power. You can’t impact the problems in the justice system or employment trends.

But, regarding biases, everyone has them and they aren’t always aware of them. I doubt most hiring managers say I won’t hire that guy because he’s black. But when it comes time to make a decision and there aren’t any hard metrics to evaluate similarly qualified candidates, they go with their gut. And their gut usually points them in the direction of the person they relate best to.
6/1/2018 9:56 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/1/2018 9:56:00 AM (view original):

Both of my kids are in middle school. They have friends from all sorts of races, genders and beliefs. One of my daughter's friends has two mothers. In their eyes everyone is the same and they truly don't see it any differently. They have two kids in their school who are transitioning, gender neutral bathrooms and busing from poorer areas.

They have no biases. Their kids will have no biases. Why? Because my wife and I don't have biases. They are taught to treat each person on their own merits. This is my opinion how it should be.

Tangplay and bad luck immediately label and I don't want my kids around these types of people so I attack them pretty harshly because to me they are the problem not the solution. Rightly or wrongly, that is my stance.
See, here’s the deal. Someone says “institutional racism is still a thing and it’s a problem,” and you take it personally.

It doesn’t have anything to do with you, you have no power. You can’t impact the problems in the justice system or employment trends.

But, regarding biases, everyone has them and they aren’t always aware of them. I doubt most hiring managers say I won’t hire that guy because he’s black. But when it comes time to make a decision and there aren’t any hard metrics to evaluate similarly qualified candidates, they go with their gut. And their gut usually points them in the direction of the person they relate best to.
That is fair and logical and I agree.
6/1/2018 10:02 AM
WOW...... there is way too much agreement around here today..........time to stir in some ****..............

Warriors sweep.......... as long as the officials/NBA allow it. The NBA is ALL about how the game is called.
IF the refs allow Lebron to just bull his way to the hoop without concern for offensive fouls, he (alone) can keep the Cavs in the game.
If not, the Warriors will just play D on him (with Andre I. and others), and force James to work too hard for his points...... which weakens him on the defensive end, and then the Warriors can exploit the Cavs with ball movement. Curry and Durant and Thompson can just pick their time and place.

Now as to this GOAT BS................

That would HAVE to be Dennis Johnson.......... for years as a Seattle Supersonic, he'd go head to head with BOTH Magic and Jordan, and he (DJ) almost always totally outplayed Magic, and he played Jordan to a standstill but MJ's cast was better. Seattle had Sikma as a center and while he could score he couldn't really keep up when the pace became up and down the court.

DJ----------- G.O.A.T.

:-)
6/1/2018 11:54 AM

everyone has biases, dude.. you do, I do, my kids do, your kids do.
6/1/2018 12:42 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 11:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 11:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/31/2018 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/31/2018 9:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 9:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 9:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 11:26:00 AM (view original):
LMAO --- I knew you could not give a one word answer.

Then the stats show the NBA and NFL are racist. Those stats are misleading. My dad and I used to own properties. There is a plethora of data that has to be reviewed before renting. Most significantly:
  • Employment
  • Compensation
  • References
It has to do with comp. first and foremost followed by references. We can discuss each case individually if you like but stats show that whites are wealthier. That is not shocking. And I have explained to you that this delta is shrinking. Don't tell me what stats show, you are smart guy (compared to tangplay) you understand that stats can be misleading.

Jews by far are the wealthiest segment in the US. Does that mean I have Jewish privilege? Stats are misleading and you know this and that is why you hang your hat on them.

And you also can't read. I asked for a one word answer.

The NBA and NFL stats:
Are a tiny fraction of the populous.
However the NBA and NFL do discriminate.

I think you're wrong there, dino. if a white person or an Asian person or a jew had the same talenst as LeBron James, or Aaron Tom Brady, they'd be playing in the NBA or NFL if they wanted to. heck, there are abusers and criminals playing both because they have talent.
dino?
sorry, I meant tangplay
Oh, OK, yeah I agree with that sentiment, but again like we said with the racism bit, it is with all other things equal.

I believe that without the anthem stuff Colin Kaepernick would be on an NFL team right now.
You're right about Kaepernick, but it's not because of racism. It's because he is a distraction that teams don't want to deal with.
I agree with you that that is the reason.

Although I think it is a bad reason IMO.
Did you play competitive sports at a high level? If you didn't, I'll tell you teams don't want distractions unless you are incredibly talented. Pro sports have another layer because of the business aspect. You better either be able to bring in wins or revenue. The teams obviously feel that he doesn't do either well enough to justify the distractions that accompany him.
I agree with strikeout. If Kaepernick was as good as Tom Brady he could kneel whenever the hell he wanted and he would still have a job in the NFL. I think most teams think he is just not good enough to make putting up with the distractions worth it. I think they are right. On the other had, the Eric Reid situation is not as clear cut. In my view he is better than the majority of starting NCL safeties, yet he does not have a job.
2016 Kaepernick vs Joe Flacco I would take Kap.
your opinion...let me know when you have a NFL franchise to run.
6/1/2018 12:43 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 11:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/31/2018 11:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 10:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/31/2018 10:44:00 PM (view original):
Any predictions on the Cavs/Warriors series? I'm going with Warriors in 6.
I love LeBron and I am rooting for Cavs, but *sigh* Warriors in 5

Tang the soothsayer has spoken.
I can't stand Lebron. He walked off the court in the middle of play. No respect for him and I'm a huge KD fan.
Kevin Durant is a snake.

LeBron is pretty good. I like LeBron.
why is KD a snake? Because he left OKC to join the Warriors? tell me you wouldn't take a job for basically the same pay where you had a chance to win every year.
While James is supremely talented and the best player in the NBA (if not the best of all time) he annoys me a lot. He whines all the time (but most NBA players do) and seems extremely arrogant. On the other hand, from all I have heard, he does good things for his community. I'm kind of torn when it comes to LeBron.
6/1/2018 12:48 PM (edited)
It’s so dumb to be mad at players for changing teams in free agency.
6/1/2018 12:50 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 6/1/2018 12:48:00 AM (view original):
It depends on your style of offense. They're 2 different guys. Kaep was good under Harbaugh because Harbaugh is a genius. He built a system that was very simple for Kaepernick. Let's remember, he's not the brightest crayon in the box.
That's a fair point, I was just pointing out that statistically Kaep was a very viable starting QB.
6/1/2018 12:51 PM
if you're going to blame Trump when things are bad, you gotta credit him for the good things. Unemployment rate hits an 18 year low! How much of that had anything to do with Trump, I couldn't say, but it did happen under his presidency.
6/1/2018 12:51 PM

Tangplay and bad luck immediately label and I don't want my kids around these types of people

What would you define as 'labeling'? And I certainly support equality and inclusiveness. I don't see where you got that second part from, that is a pretty harsh statement to make without any evidence.

Also, you are wrong with the 'no bias' part. Everyone has some bias.

6/1/2018 12:54 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/1/2018 10:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/1/2018 9:56:00 AM (view original):

That is fair and logical and I agree.
I mean, that's what I have been trying to say for about 6 months now.
6/1/2018 12:55 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/1/2018 12:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 11:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/31/2018 11:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 10:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/31/2018 10:44:00 PM (view original):
Any predictions on the Cavs/Warriors series? I'm going with Warriors in 6.
I love LeBron and I am rooting for Cavs, but *sigh* Warriors in 5

Tang the soothsayer has spoken.
I can't stand Lebron. He walked off the court in the middle of play. No respect for him and I'm a huge KD fan.
Kevin Durant is a snake.

LeBron is pretty good. I like LeBron.
why is KD a snake? Because he left OKC to join the Warriors? tell me you wouldn't take a job for basically the same pay where you had a chance to win every year.
While James is supremely talented and the best player in the NBA (if not the best of all time) he annoys me a lot. He whines all the time (but most NBA players do) and seems extremely arrogant. On the other hand, from all I have heard, he does good things for his community. I'm kind of torn when it comes to LeBron.
As I told CCCP, everyone has bias.

My bias is being slightly impartial to the Thunder.

You arguments are logical, but my bias says otherwise.
6/1/2018 12:58 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 6/1/2018 11:54:00 AM (view original):
WOW...... there is way too much agreement around here today..........time to stir in some ****..............

Warriors sweep.......... as long as the officials/NBA allow it. The NBA is ALL about how the game is called.
IF the refs allow Lebron to just bull his way to the hoop without concern for offensive fouls, he (alone) can keep the Cavs in the game.
If not, the Warriors will just play D on him (with Andre I. and others), and force James to work too hard for his points...... which weakens him on the defensive end, and then the Warriors can exploit the Cavs with ball movement. Curry and Durant and Thompson can just pick their time and place.

Now as to this GOAT BS................

That would HAVE to be Dennis Johnson.......... for years as a Seattle Supersonic, he'd go head to head with BOTH Magic and Jordan, and he (DJ) almost always totally outplayed Magic, and he played Jordan to a standstill but MJ's cast was better. Seattle had Sikma as a center and while he could score he couldn't really keep up when the pace became up and down the court.

DJ----------- G.O.A.T.

:-)
That's why it will go to six games, fool.

The refs WILL allow LeBronze to bull his way to the hoop in a couple of games to stretch the series.
6/1/2018 1:00 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/1/2018 12:51:00 PM (view original):
if you're going to blame Trump when things are bad, you gotta credit him for the good things. Unemployment rate hits an 18 year low! How much of that had anything to do with Trump, I couldn't say, but it did happen under his presidency.
I agree with this.

However, as I believed under Obama, I am hesitant to directly blame or compliment a president just for the economy. I haven't seen much research showing that the President controls the economy too much. I would be happy for someone to show me something otherwise. I am much quicker to praise Trump for something like NK than for the Econ.
6/1/2018 1:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...243|244|245|246|247...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.