TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

LOL dude LOL dude. LOL dude. I have shown that 2 parents means more than race. If you can't see that you are blind. There are still racist people out there but no racist institutions. Show me one private racist institution.
5/30/2018 2:32 PM

A huge one is Two-Parent Privilege. If you are raised by a father and mother, you enter adulthood with more privileges than anyone else in American society, irrespective of race, ethnicity, or sex. That’s why the poverty rate among two-parent black families is only 7 percent.

Compare that with a 22 percent poverty rate among whites in single-parent homes. Obviously the two-parent home is the decisive “privilege.”

5/30/2018 2:33 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/30/2018 2:32:00 PM (view original):
LOL dude LOL dude. LOL dude. I have shown that 2 parents means more than race. If you can't see that you are blind. There are still racist people out there but no racist institutions. Show me one private racist institution.
You.Have. Not. Shown.That.It.Means.More.Than.Race.
5/30/2018 2:34 PM
Yes. I have.

Asians make more than whites. Is there Asian privilege? LOL.

Man you are a one trick pony. And that trick sucks.
5/30/2018 2:35 PM
Luke Skywalker had neither his mother nor father around during childhood and he turned out OK.
5/30/2018 2:37 PM
He had the FORCE and it ended very badly for him....years later. He never married or had kids, became a loner and his BFF was a robot. :)
5/30/2018 2:40 PM
I'll end my debate with bad luck and tangplay with this:

White privilege is another left-wing attempt, and a successful one, to keep America from focusing on what will truly help black America — a resurrection of the black family, for example — and instead to focus on an external problem: white privilege.

In doing so, the Left has become the only real enemy the black has in America today.

5/30/2018 2:41 PM
Yeah, I guess that is a rather ****** life.
5/30/2018 2:41 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/30/2018 1:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/30/2018 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/30/2018 8:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 7:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 5/29/2018 7:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 7:06:00 PM (view original):
Nobody asked you to write a check. Its easy for you (or me, for that matter) to say get over it, since we didn't go through it. As a Jew should I get over what happen in WWII? It was over 70 years ago.
You are right. It is easy for me to say that. I hadn't considered that. And if people encountered more people like myself regarding race, they would know we are rooting for them. That there is hope. I have good friends that get profiled. A lot. It ****** me off.

True. There are many people out there who don't see color, or gender, religion or sexual preference when looking at a person, just the person. It sounds like you are one of them. I like to think I'm one too. The problem is, while it is getting better, there are still far too many people who only see race, or gender, religion or sexual preference and judge people based on that.
When I argued this to a certain someone on this site a while back, he said everyone sees color and called me a liar for claiming I didn't.
Looks like it has a different effect on him coming from his own side of thinking.

Absolutely love the idea of a No Single Mothering campaign.
I hope you're not referring to me. I don't think I've ever called you a liar, or anyone else on this site either.
He was referring to me. Everyone sees color. Unless you are colorblind. Some people aren't racist or extremely biased, I would say most people aren't.

I don't think I said 'liar', I just expressed that using that term 'I don't see race' is more harmful than just acknowledging bias and moving on.
Maybe its how we are saying it. Of course if I meet a black person, I can see they are black, but it doesn't affect how I interact with him or her, or how I hudge that person. So when I say I don't see color, I mean I don't let that affect how I judge a person.
5/30/2018 3:14 PM
"IDK, I hadn't heard about that. You may be right."

So, not meaning to pick on you at all Tangy, I think you are extremely well meaning, (you know what;s next, right?)
BUT, you are SO naive. My little "tale" about Wyoming and "wrapping that rascal" was a big (apparently bad) joke.
You know, about cowboys and sheep, and --------, C'mon man, where you been?!

It is a good example of your naivety, though.
5/30/2018 3:17 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/30/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/30/2018 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/30/2018 8:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 5/29/2018 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Boris, your premise is flawed........ you don't DECIDE to become a single Mom........... You decide to fornicate unwisely and end up alone and without a male partner. THAT occurs for a whole shitload of reasons..... from deadbeat maledom to crazy females who can't "nest",-------- among others..........
You have made my point. We need to address this first and foremost not race relations. Single parenthood is slowly killing this country.
you may be right, but I don't see how that can be fixed? Do e make it illegal to have sex if you are not married? Who has to enforce that law....and how would they know? You keep bringing up single parent households as being the major part of the problem. I'm not sure I agree with that. That's neither here nor there. I don't see any way to fix it. Sex education in schools doesn't do it. I think we both agree there's no way you're going to stop people from having sex, whether they are married or not. So, how do we do it? How about a suggestion for fixing it instead of just saying it needs to be fixed.
I'd spend $10bn on education starting in middle school. Maybe provide incentives to kids who graduate HS and don't have a kid by giving them $5k per year for college. Now it won't pay for a lot but it will pay for some state schooling community college. Again my kids are in middle school and NO ONE is talking to them about the dangers of single parenthood.

That is how I would attack it. Similar to the "Just Say No" campaign vs. drugs in the 80s. I'd do the same thing for single motherhood now. I would also make welfare programs a lot less attractive. Rather than giving welfare stamps, that they sell for other sh*t, I'd deliver actual food. This way they have to eat what I provide vs. what they want to eat. So they won't go hungry but they won't get to choose necessarily what they like.

This is what I would do wylie.
Okay. How did the Just Say No to Drugs thing work out? Not very well, I'd say. Yes, it can't hurt to try any of these suggestion, may even help a little. But ity won't make much of a dent in the problem.
I think the program worked. I definitely stayed away as did many of my friends. Thanks, Nancy Reagan.
just because you and your friends didn't use drugs (was that really because of the Just Say No program?) does not mean the program worked. For you and your friends, maybe, but what about the millions of others. The drug problem today s worse than it was during the Just Say No era, so I'm not sure how you could say it worked.
5/30/2018 3:20 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/30/2018 2:33:00 PM (view original):

A huge one is Two-Parent Privilege. If you are raised by a father and mother, you enter adulthood with more privileges than anyone else in American society, irrespective of race, ethnicity, or sex. That’s why the poverty rate among two-parent black families is only 7 percent.

Compare that with a 22 percent poverty rate among whites in single-parent homes. Obviously the two-parent home is the decisive “privilege.”

what if you are raised by two women? Or two men? What effect does that have?
5/30/2018 3:24 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/30/2018 2:41:00 PM (view original):
I'll end my debate with bad luck and tangplay with this:

White privilege is another left-wing attempt, and a successful one, to keep America from focusing on what will truly help black America — a resurrection of the black family, for example — and instead to focus on an external problem: white privilege.

In doing so, the Left has become the only real enemy the black has in America today.

Really? Have you asked any black people if that is how they feel? Other than your two black friends, I mean.
5/30/2018 3:25 PM
Would it matter if I have? You would not care anyway. You stick to your reality and I'll stick to mine.
5/30/2018 3:27 PM
Yes, it would make a difference. If you said I have polled 100 black people and 75% of them say that the left is their only real enemy, I would find that more believable than you just saying "the Left has become the only real enemy the black has today in America." How would you know? You are not black.
5/30/2018 3:31 PM
◂ Prev 1...232|233|234|235|236...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.