Project 2025 Bans Freedom of Thought Topic

Posted by Lennybruce26 on 6/3/2024 3:13:00 PM (view original):
I’m against too many asylum seekers just like most Americans but I think I understand why MAGA hates them so much - maybe because the immigrants are smarter and better and will contribute more and would be much better citizens.
6/3/2024 3:22 PM
Defendant Trump turns 78 in a few weeks. He is asking his family and friends to get him some brown shirts.
6/3/2024 9:16 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 6/3/2024 3:13:00 PM (view original):
I’m against too many asylum seekers just like most Americans but I think I understand why MAGA hates them so much - maybe because the immigrants are smarter and better and will contribute more and would be much better citizens.
6/3/2024 9:41 PM
1. Biden son’s trial brought by a Trump holdover
which I mention for comparison purposes.
No threats, no reprisals, no public statements about the case, no influence and no complaining.

2. Republicans would not support the bipartisan bill on immigration. Worked out with a very very conservative sponsor. they said it did not do enough but nobody said it did not help so MAGA says all or nothing.
Have they ever heard of stepping stones. you get in a bill that addresses the problems in a beneficial way (the bill did!) and later make it better.
trump and maga refused. biden signs an executive order today that is helping a lot but the courts might block it.

the dems have been wrong on immigration but biden has been trying to get a good bill for 11/2 years. the republicans are allergic to compromise.
vomit when you hear the lies that biden intentionally allows the border overflow. and likewise when trump tries to block a bipartisan bill with as much good faith as when trying to outlaw Obamacare without even a substitution.
if trump was successfull on obamacare unspeakable numbers of people would have died just like they did with his criminally inept leadership on covid.

6/4/2024 3:45 PM (edited)

2. Republicans would not support the bipartisan bill on immigration. Worked out with a very very conservative sponsor

6/4/2024 3:50 PM
May 11, 2023

House passes GOP border bill that's dead on arrival in Democratic-controlled Senate

The House voted 219-213 Thursday to pass a sweeping GOP border security bill after Republican leaders worked to lock down votes and win over holdouts within their own party.

Republican Reps. Thomas Massie and John Duarte defected, voting no.

The bill, known as HR-2, is dead on arrival in the Democratic-controlled Senate and the White House has issued a veto threat.

Passage of this bill serves as a messaging opportunity for the House Republican majority on one of their signature priorities.

Final passage was planned to coincide with the expiration of Title 42, the pandemic-era policy that allowed certain migrants to be turned away at the border.

The bill would restart construction of a border wall, increase funding for border agents and upgraded border technology, reinstate the “remain in Mexico” policy, place new restrictions on asylum seekers, and enhance requirements for E-verify, a database employers use to verify immigration status.

6/4/2024 4:25 PM (edited)

‘An Absolute Non-Starter’: House Republicans Vow To Tank Senate Border Bill

February 04, 2024

A top House Republican vowed to kill a 370-page foreign aid and border security package released by Senate negotiators Sunday, calling it a “magnet” for additional illegal immigration.

Republican Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana vowed the Senate legislation would be dead on arrival after Democratic Sen. Patty Murray of Washington released the text of the legislation Sunday evening after weeks of negotiation between Senate Democrats and Republican Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma. Some Republican members of the House of Representatives ripped the legislation, which includes $60 billion in aid for Ukraine and $14 billion in aid for Israel in addition to adding provisions to deal with illegal immigration, saying it does too little to secure the border.

“Let me be clear: The Senate Border Bill will NOT receive a vote in the House.” Scalise, the house majority leader, posted on X. “Here’s what the people pushing this ‘deal’ aren’t telling you: It accepts 5,000 illegal immigrants a day and gives automatic work permits to asylum recipients—a magnet for more illegal immigration.”

“It took the Senate months to build a bill,” Republican Rep. Tony Gonzalez of Texas posted. “I GUARANTEE it will take the House months to review EVERY line.”

“No self-respecting senator should agree to vote on this 370-page bill this week,” Republican Sen. Mike Lee of Utah posted. “Any 41 senators can prevent the bill from proceeding. If you agree that senators should have this bill for at least a few weeks (and certainly more than a few days) before voting on it, say so!”

Some provisions of the bill drew immediate criticism from Republicans for still allowing hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants into the United States.

“The Senate Amnesty Bill literally would let in illegals,” Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida posted. “Any Republican who votes for this is no better than a Democrat!”

“The Senate border ‘deal’ is an unserious attempt to show progress in an election year, when in reality, they bent the knee to Biden’s open-border agenda,” Republican Rep. Eli Crane of Arizona posted.

United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) reported over 302,000 illegal immigrants came across the U.S.-Mexico border in December after nearly 380,000 illegal immigrants have been encountered at the U.S.-Mexico border during the first two months fiscal year 2024, which started Oct. 1, according to data released by the agency. CBP also reported 2,045,838 encounters in fiscal year 2023, 2,206,436 in fiscal year 2022 and 1,659,206 in fiscal year 2021. $0 is allocated for a Border Wall. “This Bill is DOA. We the People will not sit idly by as crooked politicians make permanent these dangerous/deadly open borders.”

6/4/2024 4:18 PM
I don't want to read any of Dogie's posts. Does he still just stupid memes or copy someone else's thoughts?
6/4/2024 5:21 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/4/2024 5:21:00 PM (view original):
I don't want to read any of Dogie's posts. Does he still just stupid memes or copy someone else's thoughts?

6/4/2024 6:51 PM (edited)
Posted by wylie715 on 6/4/2024 5:21:00 PM (view original):
he's the onion

The Onion | America's Finest News Source.

thank god we can still count on dougie and the onion

without them we'd have to consume reuters or the associated press or the christian science monitor to get our news

maybe ask our friendly local maga evangelical what to think

let's all pass the hat for dougie
6/4/2024 6:43 PM
6/4/2024 7:02 PM
thats not filth, thats product in my hair

thats not a joint, thats drum in my right

thats not beer, thats a rod carew memorial special edition energy drink in my left

do you just always accentuate the negative?

i gotta say though, you got the clothes right if the picture was took last winter

it was a cold mother when the power was out and the pipes broke

lookit me persevere, adapt, overcome

i'm a dapper dan man. i roll my own. i celebrate diversity and inclusion

come join me dougie in a effort to make the world a better place
6/4/2024 8:54 PM
Make Dictatorships Great Again.

A columnist for the Boston Globe recently found a botch on the website for the Republican national convention scheduled for mid July in Milwaukee.

instead of a photograph of Milwaukee, the banner was a photo of Ho Chi Minh City, ( Saigon ). For several months. Not even Trump noticed the mistake.

That is sooooo inappropriate. Who substituted Saigon for Moscow?

That is definitely one of those you can’t make this S up stories.
6/4/2024 9:39 PM (edited)
The rethuglicans are just a joke at this point, and it would be funny if they didn't have the Supreme Court in their pocket. You can be a rethug, or a patriot, but not both. If you're still voting GOP, you are the problem.
6/4/2024 10:37 PM
MAGA National Convention Playlist

It would be very nice if someone would swap out the songs they have on tap and blast these instead.

1. It's the end of the world....REM
2 .Losing my religion REM
3. Blitzkrieg Bop Ramones
4. President Gas Psychedelic Furs
5. Two Little Hitlers Elvis Costello
6. Sympathy For the Devil Rolling Stones
7. Back In the USSR Beatles
8. I'm So Bored With the USA The Clash
9. London Calling Clash
10. Know Your Rights Clash
11. Gimmie Some Truth John Lennon
12. Kill the Rich Dead Kennedys
13. Legal Matter The Who
14 .My Way Sid Vicious version
15. Cheese Burger in Paradise Jimmy Buffett
16. Rock the Casbah Clash

17. I Fought the Law Clash
18. Eve of Destruction Barry McQuire
19. Fortunate Son CCR
20. The Devil Went Down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels
21. Only the Losers Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
22. American Gangster Time Elvis Costello
23. Jailhouse Rock Elvis
24. Burning Down the House Talking Heads
25. I Stand Accused Issac Hayes or Elvis Costello
26. Devil Inside INXS
27. Instant Karma - John Lennon
28. Evil Ways - Santana
29. Evil Woman ELO
30. You Gotta Serve Somebody - Bob Dylan

and that's enuff

6/5/2024 11:37 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...36 Next ▸
Project 2025 Bans Freedom of Thought Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.