TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by tangplay on 5/17/2018 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/17/2018 3:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/17/2018 12:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/17/2018 10:50:00 AM (view original):
Playing Devil's Advocate. The society is racist and prefers whites (how did BHO get elected 2x then?)

Anyway

A) We are all racists
B) We are all biased
C) We would rather hire white males
D) We all discriminate

Now what. Tell me again how you force people not to be racist or biased? You want to force businesses to hire those they don't want to hire? Again I AM PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE AND DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THIS but I will humor you. So we are in the worst case scenario here. How do you fix this situation:

I am a CEO of a 300 person firm. I am a white male and only want to hire white males. How do you force me to hire others? I own the company 100% and I manufacture and distribute plumbing supplies nationwide.

GO!
BHO would have gotten more votes if he were white IMO.

a) No, some are.
c) Some would.
d) Some will.

You cannot. You can limit the effects of bias and race. You don't force businesses to hire people.

It is illegal to discriminate based on race. That person would probably have told someone that he is only hiring by race, or we could do an investigation. You don't force him to hire otherwise, but discrimination is illegal.
Or fewer votes ---- see HRC
What does HRC have to do with it?
She is white. Dumbass so by your logic she should have received more votes than BHO. Since she is privileged.

You are dumb. Why did privileged McCain and Privileged Romney lose to BHO?

List your 9 solutions again...
5/17/2018 4:44 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/17/2018 4:43:00 PM (view original):
It is Trump's fault that she received fewer votes and lost. My point is Obama got a lot of votes because he is black. Man tangplay is an idiot. Why should I have a solution when I don't see a problem? Answer that one, dumbass.

Wait, what? Obama got little to no votes for his skin color. He didn't run as the black guy. He ran on policies. I bet he lost more votes than he gained to to skin color.

You shouldn't have a solution if you don't see a problem.

However, if you agree to a solution, you see a problem.
5/17/2018 4:52 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/17/2018 4:44:00 PM (view original):
Playing Devil's Advocate. The society is racist and prefers whites (how did BHO get elected 2x then?)

Anyway

A) We are all racists
B) We are all biased
D) We all discriminate

Now what. Tell me again how you force people not to be racist or biased? You want to force businesses to hire those they don't want to hire? Again I AM PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE AND DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THIS but I will humor you. So we are in the worst case scenario here. How do you fix this situation:

I am a CEO of a 300 person firm. I am a white male and only want to hire white males. How do you force me to hire others? I own the company 100% and I manufacture and distribute plumbing supplies nationwide.

GO!

a) No, some are.
c) Some would.
d) Some will.

You cannot. You can limit the effects of bias and race. You don't force businesses to hire people.

It is illegal to discriminate based on race. That person would probably have told someone that he is only hiring by race, or we could do an investigation. You don't force him to hire otherwise, but discrimination is illegal.
She is white. Dumbass so by your logic she should have received more votes than BHO. Since she is privileged.

? No. It may have been a factor, but again, doesn't decide the whole thing.

OBAMA IS MORE CHARISMATIC AND HAD BETTER POLICY. Racists voted republican. Again, that is minimal impact. Obama won because he was the better candidate, not for skin color.

1. Equalize education spending per student.
2. Require body cameras for police.
3. Change the justice system so that police are accountable (Right now people in criminal justice work with police so they are prosecuting their own co-workers. Also don't let police who commit crimes re sign with other police stations.
4. Stop the war on drugs. Don't over perscribe Opioids.
5. Take away voter ID laws.
6. Invest in prison rehabilitation.
7. Better and more public defenders.
8. Strip out individual cases of redlining.
9. Invest in local poverty solutions.
5/17/2018 4:56 PM
It is Trump's fault that she received fewer votes and lost. My point is Obama got a lot of votes because he is black. Man tangplay is an idiot. Why should I have a solution when I don't see a problem? Answer that one, dumbass.

Obama also lost a lot of votes because he is black
5/17/2018 6:22 PM

Anyway

A) We are all racists
B) We are all biased
D) We all discriminate

GO!

a) No, some are.
c) Some would.
d) Some will.

she is also a woman, and many people would not vote for a woman. She's an unlikable woman too. Many more people wouldn't vote for an unlikable woman.
5/17/2018 6:23 PM

Clinton actually received more votes.
5/17/2018 6:45 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/17/2018 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 5/17/2018 12:19:00 PM (view original):
BHO was half white. Plus he was obviously intelligent and articulate, probably even reads books now and again.
He was (obviously) a family man of integrity who most of the Country hoped would bring about a fairer playing field.

On many things he did well, on the level playing field thing..........not so much.

Now, (If I may answer your question, rather than Tangy)....You can't/don't FORCE the CEO thru law to hire non whites. That isn't the way real change is brought about. However, the CEO (in your example) is sure opening his company to the possibility of some "boycott" or other "action" by forces that object to his personal (and rather obvious) display of racism.

In the present era (since about 1970, say) that "action" (or something similar) would almost certainly occur and the result would be serious damage to the "company" and the firing of the CEO.
The CEO is the owner and cannot be fired in this hypothetical and his argument is that the best candidates are the white males and he keeps concise HR records. I'll even fudge it. 87% of the employees are white and 13% are black.

Now what do you do?
Again, the Gov't should do nothing! And, now that you've modified it so that you've included a 13% black workforce, you only have the issue of his misogyny.
Hopefully, his company doesn't need female customers or marketplace support.

If not, then you have a smooth (if boring) working company workforce. Plus, you don't have to provide tampon machines in the bathrooms.
Welcome to 1955. Don't you have daughters?
5/17/2018 6:51 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/17/2018 6:45:00 PM (view original):

It's been over 18 months; let it go. Most embarrassing political defeat ever, yet you dwell on it instead of moving forward.

Trump told everyone the Electoral College set-up was crap, but people like you didn't want to hear it. Makes his win even more embarrassing for haters like you (and enjoyable for the rest of us).
5/17/2018 7:12 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tangplay on 5/17/2018 4:56:00 PM (view original):

Anyway

A) We are all racists
B) We are all biased
D) We all discriminate

GO!

a) No, some are.
c) Some would.
d) Some will.

OBAMA IS MORE CHARISMATIC AND HAD BETTER POLICY. Racists voted republican. Again, that is minimal impact. Obama won because he was the better candidate, not for skin color.

3. Change the justice system so that police are accountable (Right now people in criminal justice work with police so they are prosecuting their own co-workers. Also don't let police who commit crimes re sign with other police stations.
None of that equalizes the corporate world. ZERO.

If a CEO wants to hire a white guy he will.

5/17/2018 7:21 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/17/2018 6:22:00 PM (view original):

Obama also lost a lot of votes because he is black
He did? So then how did he beat two white privileged guys?
5/17/2018 7:22 PM

I am talking electoral votes. Since only those votes matter. Thank you.
5/17/2018 7:23 PM

Nope she had 65mil and BHO had 69mil

Go back to sleep
5/17/2018 7:24 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 5/17/2018 6:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/17/2018 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 5/17/2018 12:19:00 PM (view original):
BHO was half white. Plus he was obviously intelligent and articulate, probably even reads books now and again.
He was (obviously) a family man of integrity who most of the Country hoped would bring about a fairer playing field.

On many things he did well, on the level playing field thing..........not so much.

Now, (If I may answer your question, rather than Tangy)....You can't/don't FORCE the CEO thru law to hire non whites. That isn't the way real change is brought about. However, the CEO (in your example) is sure opening his company to the possibility of some "boycott" or other "action" by forces that object to his personal (and rather obvious) display of racism.

In the present era (since about 1970, say) that "action" (or something similar) would almost certainly occur and the result would be serious damage to the "company" and the firing of the CEO.
The CEO is the owner and cannot be fired in this hypothetical and his argument is that the best candidates are the white males and he keeps concise HR records. I'll even fudge it. 87% of the employees are white and 13% are black.

Now what do you do?
Again, the Gov't should do nothing! And, now that you've modified it so that you've included a 13% black workforce, you only have the issue of his misogyny.
Hopefully, his company doesn't need female customers or marketplace support.

If not, then you have a smooth (if boring) working company workforce. Plus, you don't have to provide tampon machines in the bathrooms.
Welcome to 1955. Don't you have daughters?
I do and if this happened I would tell them to go find another place to work instead of screaming racism or sexism. I only scream capitalism.

BTW - How about the Celtics baby!?!?!?
5/17/2018 7:26 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/17/2018 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/17/2018 4:56:00 PM (view original):

Anyway

A) We are all racists
B) We are all biased
D) We all discriminate

GO!

a) No, some are.
c) Some would.
d) Some will.

None of that equalizes the corporate world. ZERO.

If a CEO wants to hire a white guy he will.

So?
5/17/2018 9:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...171|172|173|174|175...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.