Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Each player has 3 option years(you'll notice that some are with zero). Once on the 40 man or MLB roster, those years start to decrease. Once it hits zero, you can no longer send them back and forth to the minors without clearing waivers.
6/7/2006 11:01 AM
oh, so the number of options is a number of years, not a number of times demoted? you can send them back and forth as many times as you'd like in the first 3 years of big league experience?
6/7/2006 11:08 AM
That is correct.
6/7/2006 11:33 AM
great example of why it's hard: my 3B just got injured for 12 days. i could start his backup (who's out of options) or i could call up a guy who's been tearing up AAA (.355/.425/.737, 7 homers in 78 ABs), who has one option . i want to eventually start the AAA for a few seasons, because i just traded for a High-A SS and plan to move my current SS to 3B when the young guy is ready.
if i'm going to bring up the AAA 3B when the rosters expand to 40, i might as well do it now. if i want him cheap in season 4, i shouldn't. if i promote him, i also have to promote a guy to play 3B for the AAA team, and i don't want to rush my younger IFs.
and that's a sign that this game is amazing: my 3B gets injured, and it's fascinating.
6/7/2006 11:33 AM
But remember that a promoted player automatically makes that level's minimum. $327k for ML. His salary doesn't decrease when you send him back.
6/7/2006 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By schedule1 on 6/07/2006
great example of why it's hard: my 3B just got injured for 12 days. i could start his backup (who's out of options) or i could call up a guy who's been tearing up AAA (.355/.425/.737, 7 homers in 78 ABs), who has one option . i want to eventually start the AAA for a few seasons, because i just traded for a High-A SS and plan to move my current SS to 3B when the young guy is ready.
if i'm going to bring up the AAA 3B when the rosters expand to 40, i might as well do it now. if i want him cheap in season 4, i shouldn't. if i promote him, i also have to promote a guy to play 3B for the AAA team, and i don't want to rush my younger IFs.
and that's a sign that this game is amazing: my 3B gets injured, and it's fascinating.
The depth of this game is amazing................
6/7/2006 11:54 AM
ya, i can't wait for a major injury...haha
6/7/2006 11:55 AM
When you can expand your roster in late season and you recall AAA player, will it trigger their clock and will they get paid AAA salaries or ML salaries?
6/7/2006 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by robinhood410 on 6/07/2006ya, i can't wait for a major injury...haha

yeah, if it had been my LF, CF, 2B, 1B, SS, C, DH or any pitcher, it wouldn't have been as "fascinating"...
6/7/2006 12:13 PM
I'm pretty sure it's both. It's definitely the clock starting. Delmon Young threw a hissy last year when Tampa didn't call him up. He made reference to the 6 year minimum.
6/7/2006 12:13 PM
FWIW, I've been averaging an injury a day. Not all at the ML level but one a day. Plan for it.
6/7/2006 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MikeT23 on 6/07/2006I'm pretty sure it's both. It's definitely the clock starting. Delmon Young threw a hissy last year when Tampa didn't call him up. He made reference to the 6 year minimum.
From what I can find, in RL, a September callup:

-- does have to be added to the 40-man roster (only players on the 40-man roster can play in the majors, so on September 1, the entire 40-man roster can be active);
-- does not have his salary raised to MLB minimum;
-- does have that season counted toward his limit of three for option purposes.
6/7/2006 12:40 PM
I have 4 players on my AAA roster up for arbritration and out of options do they have to go to ML roster or can I keep them on my AAA roster and only worry about waivers once I bring them up?
6/7/2006 1:28 PM
you can negotiate a minor-league deal with some of them, probably.
6/7/2006 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By leecounty on 6/07/2006
I have 4 players on my AAA roster up for arbritration and out of options do they have to go to ML roster or can I keep them on my AAA roster and only worry about waivers once I bring them up?

I'm pretty sure out of option players will have to be put on your ML roster.
6/7/2006 1:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.