$10 GC to winner (full) Teammate Chain League 1 Topic

TEAMMATE CHAIN LEAGUE 1
This will be the first installment of hopefully many in the future. Starting with your anchor player you will construct a chain of teammates going forward in basketball history. A few added wrinkles will provide you with a challenging drafting experience and hopefully a highly competitive team.
NO 22-23 seasons for this 1st time around.

RULES
1.) Upon joining you will pick a player and one season from his career. This is your anchor.

2.) Your teammate chain must go only forward in time. You may not go back and forth.

3.) The first player you draft is your anchor. You will then draft a teammate from that team twisted to another season of his career. You will continue to draft a teammate twisted in the same direction in time until you have all 12.

4.) For this first version when you twist the next teammate in your chain you may choose the same franchise or a different franchise.

5.) Each link in your chain is a teammate of the previous link twisted to a future season. You may use basketball-reference.com to identify teammates but must obviously draft a WiS eligible season for each link. Keep going forward in history until you have 12 links in your chain including your anchor.

6.) Example: let’s say you choose John Duren as your anchor and go with his 80-81 season. Adrian Dantley was on the 80-81 jazz, so you can twist him forward to his 85-86 season with the Jazz. John Stockton was a teammate on the 85-86 jazz so you can twist Stockton forward to his 90-91 season. Well now we have a good chain going and you could extend it by taking Karl Malone 96-97 season because he was a teammate of Stocktons from the 90-91 season we just took in this example. So to recap this example would have this chain of teammates so far:
John Duren 80-81
Adrian Dantley 85-86
John Stockton 90-91
Ka Malone 96-97

OTHER RULES
24 teams WiS standard alignment
NO 22-23 seasons

Salary Cap = $52 million
Clones = Not Allowed
No Waivers
Injuries ON (I guess you can only turn them off in baseball)
No Assist Cap
$10 WIS GC paid directly from commissioner to the league champion.
League ID = 70983 (new #)
*updated 3-24-23 teams will be allowed to have a 2nd entry. Sign up with new anchor in the thread.

please sign up here with your chosen anchors and I will send out a league number once we get half way full and I’ll wait until that halfway point to choose my anchor.

Answered questions:
You can only have 1 player from each season. The teammate must advance at least 1 year at a time.

you cannot create a tangent chain. You must go in sequence 1 teammate at a time. For example, the 86-87 Celtics has Danny Ainge and Robert Parish on it. You can’t progress using the 92-93 ainge and the 96-97 parish and then pick form the 92-93 suns and 96-97 bulls. That would create a tangent in the chain. You could however pick the 87-88 ainge, then the 96-97 parish. That follows a one teammate at a time chain progression.

Teammate Definition: for the purposes of this chain / roster building, the players you are linking and twisting must have played for the same franchise season according to basketball reference. So anyone listed on the bulls 92-93 roster page is acceptable. In the case of mid season trades, it doesn’t matter if the two players never technically played together at the same exact point in time. Just as long as they are listed on the season roster on basketball reference.
4/22/2023 3:40 PM (edited)
Signup List.
Confirmed rosters in Bold
Rosters needing changes in Italic
1 Team needs to enter:, greenies,

1. chewy3344 (Chris Dudley)
2. Copernicus (Mike Sanders)
3. Dmcclane (Larry Bird)
4. Chewy3344(2) (Kevin McHale) replaced redbooda
5. Rubnsly(2) (Julius Erving)
6. PBandJ (James Edwards)
7. kinoa1 (Dennis Rodman)
8. albiband0 (John Stockton)
9. Riftonapple (Bill Russell)
10. greelypearl (Gerald Henderson)
11. BenJoker (Larry Nance)
12. Rubnsly (Steve Kerr)
13. pointfwd (Dennis Rodman)
14. Pexetera (John Stockton)
15. berkelon (Wilt Chamberlain)
16. berkelon(2) (David Robinson)
17. Dmcclane(2) (Terry Porter)
18. BenJoker(2) (Karl Malone)
19. EddieAdams (Wilt Chamberlain)
20. Greenies (Maurice Cheeks)
21. Coachcroft (Kevin Johnson)
22. macsknight (Dennis Johnson)
23. PBandJ(2) (Joe Ruklick)
24. Savoybg (Charles Oakley)

Waitlist:
timms44

SM list albiband0; BenJoker; berkelon; coachcroft; copernicus; dmcclane; EddieAdams; greelypearl; greenies; kinoa1; macsnight; madmind; PBandJ; pexetera; pointfwd; riftonapple; rubnsly; savoybg
4/22/2023 5:02 PM (edited)
interested tbd
2/14/2023 2:21 PM
In.. Anchor: Wilt Chamberlain
2/14/2023 3:54 PM
In
2/14/2023 6:30 PM
92-93 Rodman
2/14/2023 7:45 PM
in Michael Jordan
2/14/2023 11:46 PM
In.

My anchor is the GOAT, Hakeem Olajuwon.
2/15/2023 4:42 AM
Anchor
Oscar Robertson
2/15/2023 12:40 PM
anchor John Stockton
2/15/2023 1:02 PM
In

Gerald Henderson
2/15/2023 1:05 PM
Upon joining you will pick a player and one season from his career.

I dont see people selecting the season for their anchor player.
2/15/2023 4:02 PM
I could have explained that a little better. You don’t have to specify a season upon choosing your anchor. Just name the anchor. You will obviously pick a season when submitting your roster, but you do not have to communicate which season it is.
2/15/2023 7:33 PM
changing my anchor to tree rollins
2/17/2023 6:51 PM
In that case I'll change mine to Rodman.
2/18/2023 12:39 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
$10 GC to winner (full) Teammate Chain League 1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.