ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

YOU MOST DECIDELY ARE NOT!!!! YE COULD BE LIKE MY RETARDED STEP-COUSIN!!!!

Not being bronxcheer would make anyone happy.
2/26/2016 1:48 PM
I am Lord Cluck?
2/26/2016 1:56 PM
Who would you vote for in a Clinton / Trump election?

Who would you vote for in a Sanders / Trump election?

Is it fair to say that you would vote for either Cruz or Rubio over either Clinton or Sanders?
2/26/2016 2:00 PM
Probably not.

I wouldn't vote.
I wouldn't vote.
Very fair.
2/26/2016 2:10 PM
what are your thoughts about prospect development once a guy is in the ML?

do you think it makes any difference if you keep a guy in the minors longer vs promoting him to The Show?

Player Profile: Billy Lewis - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports is currently 74 overall, projects to be 88 overall. 24 yr old who was 21 when drafted, so this is his 4th season counting his draft season. He's good enough to be in my rotation right now, and I'm riding an 8 game losing streak so I'm freaking out a little bit and thinking about promoting him!
2/26/2016 2:33 PM
Players develop just fine in the bigs. At 24, you're not going to see a huge jump. Furthermore, he's nothing special. Losing a year of salary control shouldn't be a big deal.
2/26/2016 2:50 PM
Are some guys more injury prone then others in HBD?

I have a guy with 98 health that went down twice this year, 15 games and now 31. (both times without being pushed too hard)
2/26/2016 3:10 PM
I'll piggyback on hockey1984's question because I know the player and his history. He was originally signed as a 25 mil IFA by a team which spends minimal $ on medical. (I know because it was before the update to hide budgets.) After his first 60-Day DL stint with his original team, which I think we can assume he never had a chance to fully recover from, this player has since been traded twice.

Despite his current ratings, do you think this player is compromised in future due to his original team's refusal to invest in his health?
2/26/2016 3:28 PM
No. It's a weighted random roll of the dice. A 1 will get injured more than a 2 historically-speaking but the 2 could get a dozen injuries before the 1 gets any. Kind of like flipping a coin and having it come up heads 30 times in a row. Doesn't make sense but it could happen.

No, I do not think that at all. Not even remotely. He's only compromised by his health ratings and weighted random roll of the dice.
2/26/2016 3:42 PM
Follow-up-- a player that is injured once during a season seems to me to have an increased probability of getting injured again in the same season, above and beyond the health rating, and especially in the several HBD days after being brought off the DL. Does it seem that way to you, also?
2/26/2016 4:03 PM
I've always written that off as "coincidence I remember because it affected my yearly plans". Much like the pending FA you can't quite decide on who has a big year or the big FA signing that has a career worst year. I just don't think the game is that deep. Player Profile: Domingo Manuel - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
DM is a good example. Probably the best P on my WS losing team. Got hurt early. Nice recovery. Got hurt again. I thought "Well, ****, what's that all about?" But, if you look closer, he's been injured a couple of times before AND he's a sub 50 health. Not that shocking.
2/26/2016 4:17 PM
Should WIS leave the first letter and only *** out the rest of certain words, so that we don't have to guess which swear word you're using?

because that s*** p***** me clean off you ****ing ****!
2/27/2016 10:09 AM (edited)
Does that **** **** you off, or do you just switch off the profanity filter?
2/26/2016 10:53 PM
I like to make people guess which curse word I'm using.

I think, or maybe hope, he was talking about world chat in HBD leagues.
2/27/2016 6:56 AM
F*** YOU, ****MUNCHER?
2/27/2016 7:37 AM
◂ Prev 1...986|987|988|989|990...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.