TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Haha, I'd forgotten about that one.
1/28/2018 12:13 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/28/2018 12:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 1/27/2018 11:59:00 PM (view original):
and by the way, all the text messages have been recovered.
Yeah but they were lost initially. This whole thing looks bad is all I am saying. On both sides. Politicians for the most part are terrible.

There were texts missing from about 5,000 issued phones at the time. Anyone who works in IT will tell you that **** happens in the IT world constantly. When I was coding for a video game company, we were always having to recover ****, especially when you don't really understand that it's going to be important at a time in the future. One dumb keystroke in error can lead to a **** ton of unintended consequences.

If that looks bad, how bad does it look that 13 members of Trumps advisory, transition, and national security teams forgot about meeting with Russians in testimony before congress or special counsel?

1/28/2018 12:19 AM
If little Marco had a backbone he would have won. He lost my respect when he allowed Christy to bully him during the debate
1/28/2018 12:20 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/27/2018 11:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 1/27/2018 11:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/27/2018 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Again FU Jeff. Just FU and your liberal biased views.

But could he legally squash the investigation if he wanted to?

Because Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from the investigation, the decision to appoint a special counsel fell to Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein. In his order making the appointment, Rosenstein cited federal regulations issued by the attorney general in 1999, 28 C.F.R. § 600.4-600.10. The rules were drafted in the wake of the Kenneth Starr investigation of President Bill Clinton.

According to those regulations, a special counsel “may be disciplined or removed from office only by the personal action of the Attorney General” (or in this case, the acting attorney general). And Rosenstein can’t just do it on a whim, either. According to the regulation, special counsel can only be removed “for misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or for other good cause, including violation of Departmental policies.”

In a Senate hearing on June 13, Rosenstein said he alone exercises firing authority, and that he had not seen any evidence of good cause for firing Mueller.

“It’s certainly theoretically possible that the attorney general could fire him, but that’s the only person who has authority to fire him,” Rosenstein said. “And in fact, the chain of command for the special counsel is only directly to the attorney general, in this case the acting attorney general.”

If he wanted to, wrote Jack Goldsmith, a Harvard Law School professor and co-founder of Lawfare, Trump could then fire Rosenstein. In that case, the authority over Mueller would fall to the associate attorney general. In theory — and ignoring the political consequences of doing so — Trump could keep firing people until he got someone to follow through on an order to fire Mueller.

“That means it could go down the line until an assistant attorney general did not resign and instead carried out the President’s order,” Goldsmith wrote.

There’s yet another route the president could take, Neal Katyal, a professor of national security law at Georgetown University, wrote in a piece for the Washington Post on May 19: “Trump could order the special-counsel regulations repealed and then fire Mueller himself.”

Katyal said he would know, because back in 1999, he was tapped by then-Attorney General Janet Reno to head an internal working group on the issue of special counsel — and he helped write the regulations now being cited by Rosenstein.

“The rules provide only so much protection: Congress, Trump and the Justice Department still have the power to stymie (or even terminate) Mueller’s inquiry,” Katyal wrote.

Again, FU Jeff. HRC was dirty.

what does HRC have to do with this?

That's 15 yards for flagrant whataboutism.
HRC was guilty as hell but the Left didn’t care. The Left is full of hypocrites. That’s what this has to do with. FBI has lost a lot of credibility. My kids actually do see these posts and they think you have liberal blinders on. Their words. Not mine.

cccp, POLITICS is full of hypocrites...the world is full of hypocrites.
1/28/2018 3:11 AM
THINGS TRUMP THOUGHT ABOUT DOING BUT DIDN'T

* fire Mueller
* spray paint the White House "luxurious" gold
* throw wadded up paper at Schumer then point at Ryan
* annex Canada
* just kidding, nuke Canada because boredom
* make rapper ad dishing out $1000 bills
* waterboard Wolff
1/28/2018 8:26 AM
Posted by The Taint on 1/27/2018 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Besides the fact he's said a ton of times that he's never given it a thought, not much. Everyone is numb to his lies now.
Yet you, and people like you, don't seem numb to them at all. You seem to relish looking for them, and trying to twist every single word out of his mouth (or fingers) into some kind of National Emergency, no matter how true it is or isn't.
1/28/2018 10:02 AM
Who gives a flying **** about Hillary?
1/28/2018 10:53 AM
I do! Because it shows the FBI is biased.
1/28/2018 10:58 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/28/2018 10:58:00 AM (view original):
How many people hold positions of power in the FBI? IT IS A BIG THING. NOT EVERYONE IS A LIBERAL.
1/28/2018 11:00 AM
Also I agree Taint, Kasich was the only republican I would have voted for.
1/28/2018 11:01 AM
Posted by all3 on 1/28/2018 10:02:00 AM (view original):
Besides the fact he's said a ton of times that he's never given it a thought, not much. Everyone is numb to his lies now.
Yet you, and people like you, don't seem numb to them at all. You seem to relish looking for them, and trying to twist every single word out of his mouth (or fingers) into some kind of National Emergency, no matter how true it is or isn't.
Relish looking for them? Lol, if his lips are moving there's a good chance he is lying or backtracking on something he said earlier in the week. He lies, he's always lied, he cheats, he's always cheated. He's a despicable human being.
1/28/2018 11:33 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/28/2018 10:58:00 AM (view original):
Biased towards what? Are you saying that in this day and age of hyper-partisanship, a Republican led and staffed FBI is biased towards a Democrat?

Why?
1/28/2018 11:34 AM
That is a conspiracy theory claim if I have ever heard one.
1/28/2018 11:47 AM
Posted by The Taint on 1/28/2018 11:33:00 AM (view original):
Relish looking for them? Lol, if his lips are moving there's a good chance he is lying or backtracking on something he said earlier in the week. He lies, he's always lied, he cheats, he's always cheated. He's a despicable human being.
So you admit you're not numb to them? Heck, you appear to love them, and looking for them, and even trying to create them.
That means YOU LIED. Maybe YOU'RE DESPICABLE.
1/28/2018 12:21 PM
Posted by The Taint on 1/28/2018 11:33:00 AM (view original):
I resemble those remarks! Ha ha
1/28/2018 12:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...94|95|96|97|98...936 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.