Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

I too have a similar problem .. I took a player off the DL without any problems but he was still injured so like a good GM I put him back on or should I say I tried too. The system kept giving a data base error. When you check further you find that one part of the system (under transactions/DL) says he's on the DL but the roster on the GM page still has him injured only. Kyle is aware of the problem and tells me a fix is on the way.
I can only hope it comes soon as I've already lost my three top starters (17 million worth of my budget) and this guy is tying up a valuable roster spot.
6/5/2006 6:34 PM
advanced scouting is definately more important in the initial seasons if you want to trade, but in the later seasons, if you definately feel that you are going to make a run at the world series it may not be as important because you are not going to trade for prospects. You may need to trade a prospect or two so its important to not minimize it, but you will eventually max it out. I had maxed out my scouting and it helped, but it wanst 100% necessary. Id reccomend at least 10 million, most likely more.
6/5/2006 9:07 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/5/2006 9:49 PM
the vetoed trades were found to be bad by 10 owners.
That said, i vetoed 3 trades out of all the trades in the leagues and there were a lot, probably close to 100. ««i don«,t feel i am abusing my veto power
6/5/2006 10:27 PM
i am seing strange things now. The player i got wich i saw as a potential 72 and it's owner as a potential 87 is now seen as a potential 90 from my organisation. +18 projection and he hasn't even played yet
6/5/2006 10:29 PM
Here's a biggie that's true of HBD that is new (compared to Sim).
Players do NOT have a set position. Their skills dictate the position, not the other way around. In other words, you might have a "shortstop" with lousy range, but a great arm. You can make him a 3B or RF with no positional penalty.
Don't assume that the player is slotted correctly when you get your team.
6/5/2006 10:37 PM
That's a great thing to point out. Players are not rated at specific positions: you can play anyone anywhere.
6/5/2006 11:22 PM
I know its been said a number of times, but thanks for all of the input. Hopefully I can take all of the information and put it to good use.
6/6/2006 12:20 AM
The discussion on the value of advance scouting here and other HBD threads mainly talks about the effect it has on an owner's ability to evaluate and make good trades. But isn't advance scouting also the key to better evaluations of the prospects that will be eligible in the mid season amateur draft ?
6/6/2006 5:21 AM
College and High School scouting, tegesta.
6/6/2006 5:50 AM
Are there any quick thoughts on basic budget strategy?
6/6/2006 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By wolvie14 on 6/05/2006
i am seing strange things now. The player i got wich i saw as a potential 72 and it's owner as a potential 87 is now seen as a potential 90 from my organisation. +18 projection and he hasn't even played yet
Projections have jumped across the board, even with guys who are past their primes. Has anyone asked Kyle about this?
6/6/2006 9:11 AM
I haven't but there was a projection bug early on. I had several players who projected better in individual stats but went down overall. I'm sure that bug has been fixed.
6/6/2006 9:15 AM
Hey guys thanks for all of the input. My league is just starting and we need to set our budgets. I have taken all the advice on advanced scouting and maxed it out. Anything else you would suggest? Where do I need to keep the salary budget to be safe?
Thanks again!!
6/6/2006 9:15 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.