Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

14mill is the max for scouting....

i spent 6mill(someone had to try it) and will not trade because i can not see the real numbers for a prospects value..

i can only see the current ratings( which are the same for everyone) but future value is a complete guess.
6/5/2006 12:03 PM
devin....i agree....i spent 12 or 13 out of 14 for med,training and am seeing the same amount of injuries as everyone else.......maybe it will be an issue needing to be addressed....
6/5/2006 12:06 PM
Yeah but keep in mind that injuries are primarily determined by the player's health rating. If you have a lot of players with low health ratings your training staff will only be able to do so much to prevent injuries. Also, if you've spent a lot on medical your injured players may recover more quickly than another owner who spent less.
6/5/2006 12:12 PM
As for the advanced scouting, Kyle has said that your projections could be off by as much as 40% if you budget the minimum on advanced scouting. What we'll probably see going forward is owners all maxing out their advanced scouting budgets and skimping elsewhere because the costs of low scouting are just too high.
6/5/2006 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By jmbreslin on 6/05/2006

As for the advanced scouting, Kyle has said that your projections could be off by as much as 40% if you budget the minimum on advanced scouting. What we'll probably see going forward is owners all maxing out their advanced scouting budgets and skimping elsewhere because the costs of low scouting are just too high.
Ooooh, look for a rash of trade offers to the $6M scouts now....
6/5/2006 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By jmbreslin on 6/05/2006
Yeah but keep in mind that injuries are primarily determined by the player's health rating. If you have a lot of players with low health ratings your training staff will only be able to do so much to prevent injuries. Also, if you've spent a lot on medical your injured players may recover more quickly than another owner who spent less.
One note on this. I spent $12M on Training and Medical, and my players have come off the DL right on schedule and at the low end of their projected times. For example, if the medical staff says a guy will be out 2-4 weeks, he's ready to go as soon as he gets off the 15-day DL.

6/5/2006 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By devindavis on 6/05/2006
Are you guys seeing any correlation between the amount of money you put toward training/medical and your injuries? It seems that everyone is seeing injuries regardless of their medical allocation.

At first glance, the medical training spending seems to impact how long your player will spend on DL.
6/5/2006 12:54 PM
They're 2 different ratings: training determines ability to avoid injury, medical determines length of time injured.
6/5/2006 1:27 PM
also got a note that player makeup determines time to get healthy.
6/5/2006 2:55 PM
Good news is here! Sammy Mota is almost ready to come off the disabled list. He's only got a game or two to go and he'll be ready to return. It's your call, though, for when you want to bring him off the DL, so don't forget to do so.

His makeup has had about as much to do with his rehab as our training department. Hope he can make a seemless transition back into his former role at the Triple-A Level.
6/5/2006 3:01 PM
Aside from the misspelling of "seamless", it's pretty clear that Training budget and Makeup combine to determine rehab time.
6/5/2006 3:05 PM
Maybe they meant "seemless?"
Which I would assume is a bizarro-synonym for "unseemly?"
6/5/2006 3:07 PM
FWIW, Sammy is stuck in purgatory. I got an error message when I put him the DL. But he ended up on the DL. Now I'm getting an error message while trying to take him off. His DL history says "none". But the little red icon next to his name with DL on it makes me think he has been.
So his transition is not seemless. Or seamless. Or even unseemly.
6/5/2006 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 6/05/2006
FWIW, Sammy is stuck in purgatory. I got an error message when I put him the DL. But he ended up on the DL. Now I'm getting an error message while trying to take him off. His DL history says "none". But the little red icon next to his name with DL on it makes me think he has been.
So his transition is not seemless. Or seamless. Or even unseemly.
There are two different little red flags, one is the flag of Switzerland (national motto = "How about them Cowboys!") for injured players, the other is a DL symbol.
6/5/2006 4:33 PM
Mine has the DL in it. I'm familiar with the two.
6/5/2006 4:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.