THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Ventura Highway or My Way

This is definitely not representative of anything going on in public schools and is a very isolated incident but I thought it odd and sadly funny.

A Ventura California elementary school teacher has been taken out of the school room and reassigned to another job in the School district ( janitorial?) after teaching her students that Donald Trump is the president and they should never ever ever get a Covid
vaccine. A kid came home from school and tried to correct his mother on the subjects.
Since then former teacher has expressed deep remorse.

Wacky stuff.
11/9/2021 1:43 PM (edited)
Posted by strikeout26 on 11/9/2021 10:18:00 AM (view original):
Gotta love the left’s euphemisms. “Human infrastructure”! That’s funny. I do tip my hat. They are good at coming up with them.
kind of like "trickle down economics"
11/9/2021 2:38 PM
Posted by tangplay on 11/9/2021 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 11/9/2021 10:18:00 AM (view original):
Gotta love the left’s euphemisms. “Human infrastructure”! That’s funny. I do tip my hat. They are good at coming up with them.
kind of like "trickle down economics"
Touché.
11/9/2021 2:39 PM
Update on Rittenhouse Case

The defense is saying that Rittenhouse will testify.
If that happens it would be highly unusual and if he does and he is convicted on any of the shootings dissection of the strategy.
11/9/2021 2:41 PM
Cable News News

My favorite news channel will soon be a shell of its former self.
Rachel Maddow whois the most gifted and interesting host on television will become an occasional host next year and depart soon after.
Now Brian Williams who is my second favorite announced his departure as well.

There is talk about something called CNN+.
Maybe a 4th news channel will launch but probably not. Seems like this new CNN+ will be the new hip place to get the news.

What I do know is that wherever Rachel goes milions of followers will also go much like when Howard Stern left terrestrial radio.

Ever since Rashida Wallace took over MSNBC
and salary demands were not met the channel started to lose its top talent.

Stay tuned.
11/10/2021 8:47 AM
Posted by rsp777 on 11/10/2021 8:50:00 AM (view original):
You are blocking the author of this post, Jetson21.

Show

Show

Show
You live your life your way and I’ll live mine.
In other words keep doing what you are doing if it floats your boat.
11/10/2021 9:04 AM
Kyle Rittenhouse has been testifying on live TV.
He is an excellant witness. He is on direct.
He has done a good job establishing that he was there to protect the car dealership.
On direct he is certainly not hurting himself.
He is far more mature then I expected him to be.

The cross examination should be interesting to watch
but I think he will do well.

When all is said and done if he is found not guilty on all counts I think that his testifying will be a buffer against vilification and prevent any ground swell of animosity against him.
11/10/2021 11:09 AM
Rittenhouse broke down on the stand gasping and choking back tears convulsively while he described the beginning of the interaction with Rosenbaum which he described as an ambush. The trial had to be stopped.
The odd thing was that no tears came out of eyes which forced me to wonder if it was real.
11/10/2021 11:35 AM (edited)
He is back on the stand and now he is in complete control. I was believing everything prior to his breakdown which I found not helpful to him.
There was a cut to his attorney and there was a slight frown.

11/10/2021 11:45 AM
Direct ends with questions eliciting that when he turned himself in and waiting that he was having panic attacks and was vomiting.

Cross examination has begun.
11/10/2021 12:00 PM
Cross Examination started to tarnish the dough Boy Scout image as a guy who wanted to be a big shot and was more then happy to break whatever rules were necessary.
He also came across as less of a Dudley Do Right and more of an Elmer J Fudd gun totin militia wannabe. He did want to help his side and people he considered innocents but he was starting to come across as a guy who would not mind breaking some eggs if he had to and he came armed to the teeth to protect a car dealership.

By the end he was also defensive and not forthcoming. He was very very well prepared and very intelligent and in quiet command throughout. He is a very impressive witness for someone his age and the incredible circumstances.
Still his emotional breakdown amidst such virtuoso control seemed possibly contrived. I am sure I have a
minority opinion but it looked fishy. His attorney looked more displeased then concerned and looked surprised. And as I said previously there was not a single tear. I do think it was more likely then not an act
but I am also a born cynic...As soon as the judge halted the trial he almost immediately and to me comically brought himself under full control.
You never know if it could not have turned at least one juror off.

Interesting evidence issue unresolved at end about whether blowing up a phone picture with enhanced pixels could be admitted.

The judge who is clearly biased and can’t hide it says there has to be expert testimony about the validity of the image.
11/10/2021 5:37 PM (edited)
MSNBC continued

I don’t see anyone connected to NBC or MSNBC taking the place of Rachel. The loss for the channel will be cataclysmic. The only person that I see as a possible fit for Brian Williams is Nicole Wallace as she is smart and quick but also very amiable.
But she is not a veteran anchor of the high high stature of a Brian Williams.
What a hit to lose those two.
11/10/2021 5:43 PM
Happy Veterans Day!

The Rittenhouse trial does continue this morning with live broadcast.

The democrats and Joe Manchin await the CBO scoring which could come any day now and if it does not match up fairly closely it could mean back to the drawing board.

The American Covid death rate is now approximately 1 out of 435 people.

Remember the days when at Thanksgiving dinner if just one person uttered the name Trump and nothing else a melee ensued.

Because of Covid movie making has returned to the type of movies from the fifties. Small casts with no special effects more crime capers and mob stories and no kids in the cast.....very few blockbusters.

The rest of the Trump documents are scheduled to be delivered to congress by the national archives tomorrow unless trump gets a court to issue a stay.
11/11/2021 8:28 AM
Posted by Jetson21 on 11/10/2021 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Cross Examination started to tarnish the dough Boy Scout image as a guy who wanted to be a big shot and was more then happy to break whatever rules were necessary.
He also came across as less of a Dudley Do Right and more of an Elmer J Fudd gun totin militia wannabe. He did want to help his side and people he considered innocents but he was starting to come across as a guy who would not mind breaking some eggs if he had to and he came armed to the teeth to protect a car dealership.

By the end he was also defensive and not forthcoming. He was very very well prepared and very intelligent and in quiet command throughout. He is a very impressive witness for someone his age and the incredible circumstances.
Still his emotional breakdown amidst such virtuoso control seemed possibly contrived. I am sure I have a
minority opinion but it looked fishy. His attorney looked more displeased then concerned and looked surprised. And as I said previously there was not a single tear. I do think it was more likely then not an act
but I am also a born cynic...As soon as the judge halted the trial he almost immediately and to me comically brought himself under full control.

Interesting evidence issue unresolved at end about whether blowing up a phone picture with enhanced pixels could be admitted.

The judge who is clearly biased and can’t hide it says there has to be expert testimony about the validity of the image.
The enhanced pixels thing was so stupid. The judge is a ******* pud.
11/11/2021 9:02 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 11/11/2021 9:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 11/10/2021 5:37:00 PM (view original):

The enhanced pixels thing was so stupid. The judge is a ******* pud.
I so agree. I was trying to be restrained in what I said about him. Some of his anger at the prosecutor was founded but he is so unprofessional and out of control and obviously biased.
The pixels thing is truly crazy.
Any junior high school student can be an expert.

The trial continues around 10am and I am looking forward to seeing how this issue gets resolved.
You would think that someone showed the judge over night what it is all about.
11/11/2021 9:27 AM
◂ Prev 1...60|61|62|63|64...174 Next ▸
THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.