THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Quote post by Jetson21 on 11/2/2021 12:05:00 AM:
"I think if a ufo landed like somewhere it would have a 24-48 hour news cycle. . . There have been so many sightings around the world near nuclear reactors."

Dad tells the story that once while flying for the Navy, something came up on everyone's radar from multiple sites including remotely from an air-conditioned war room 1,000 miles away. None of the typical easily explained and dismissed reasons applied : reflection, solar flare, etc. But "something" appeared and was gone in a blink.

I'm not dismissing out of hand that E.T. might be out there, but I'm also more of a 'Show Me' mindset. Is it really so smart as to have the government at least admit uhh yeah we dont know, but not ever even once from the bazillion alleged sightings randomly shown up definitively on the evening news ? Will Smith saw one in a movie and believed. Are they so smart to know amongst themselves ohhh we can't ever land this craft lest we be 'made' ? I'll allow for the conversation and intrigue of many on this, but too Star Trek for me without point-blank facts. If they're out there and know we're here, they're a lot better than us. Maybe they come from Mars sitting around watching 'My Favorite Human' but also know to become invisible or hide in their underground bomb shelters when we visit them ?
11/2/2021 1:00 AM
I hear you Matt about the show me attitude. That’s how I have always been but what the officials are saying now is kind of the show me moment or at least the start of it.
They have basically said - Brennan and others that they know they are crafts that were not made in our world. That’s it.

11/7/2021 7:07 PM (edited)
WIS Entertainment News

For those who enjoyed the Fletch movies and books
the good news is that Fetch is being rebooted starring John Hamm and filming has started.

The first movie will be Fletch Confesses which was the second book and the new series will try to closely follow the books.

The Chevy Chase movies were classics and it is a shame he didn’t do one or two more.
11/2/2021 12:58 PM
Wolves on Wall Street

Dow goes to a healthy side of 36,000 today.
S&P 500 hits record too.
11/2/2021 1:03 PM
Virginia Race Today

It is going to come down to the early voting which will be tallied first. Mcauliffe needs to be getting around 70% or he will have a long night

If Youngtrumpkin wins there will be a book burning celebration scheduled for Saturday.
11/2/2021 1:07 PM
It looks like Pupkin will win in Virginia but he will win by less then 7% probably.....possibly 6%.
In 2009 after the Obama victory the Republican won by 17 %. This is bad news for Trump as he depressed the Pupkin potential vote.
McCauilffe was an underdog by tradition but the deficit was less then the historical tendency so there is a silver lining for democrats.
11/2/2021 10:07 PM
OK I'm sorry but this is copium. In no way is the Virginia result good news for Democrats or bad news for Trump.
11/2/2021 11:09 PM
Posted by tangplay on 11/2/2021 11:09:00 PM (view original):
OK I'm sorry but this is copium. In no way is the Virginia result good news for Democrats or bad news for Trump.
Tell me where I said it was good news for democrats.
Show me where you read - that I said there is good news.

I say it all the time but you have the worst reading comprehension for a smart person I have ever seen.
Again, you read with an agenda in your mind so you fail to fully understand what you read.
It is getting to be embarrassing.
I don’t mind people disagreeing but at least fully understand what I have written. You either can’t or won’t do that.
11/2/2021 11:27 PM (edited)
It now looks like the Pupkin margin will be only around 3%. A Democrat incumbent has never ever ever won re-election after a democrat won the presidency so maccauliffe was an underdog by any historical trend.
And last time the dem was beaten by 17 points so while losing is bad news he almost changed history.

I believe that this shows that the democrats have more going for them in the midterms then they might think. And the Trump factor was not in any way a help in Virginia by all exit polls and the fact that Pupkin’s margin was much lower then past results.
11/2/2021 11:44 PM
The book burning party is scheduled for Saturday in Manassas.
11/2/2021 11:46 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 11/2/2021 11:44:00 PM (view original):
It now looks like the Pupkin margin will be only around 3%. A Democrat incumbent has never ever ever won re-election after a democrat won the presidency so maccauliffe was an underdog by any historical trend.
And last time the dem was beaten by 17 points so while losing is bad news he almost changed history.

I believe that this shows that the democrats have more going for them in the midterms then they might think. And the Trump factor was not in any way a help in Virginia by all exit polls and the fact that Pupkin’s margin was much lower then past results.
A Democrat incumbent has never ever won re-election ever.

Incumbents aren't allowed to run in Virginia.

What a meaningless statistic.
11/3/2021 12:03 AM
The 2009 election you're referencing was the last statewide election won in Virginia by a Republican.
11/3/2021 12:04 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/3/2021 12:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 11/2/2021 11:44:00 PM (view original):

A Democrat incumbent has never ever won re-election ever.

Incumbents aren't allowed to run in Virginia.

What a meaningless statistic.
Ok I said it wrong Mr. literal.
No Democrat can win after a Democrat has won election for President.

A very important statistic.
11/3/2021 12:10 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/3/2021 12:04:00 AM (view original):
The 2009 election you're referencing was the last statewide election won in Virginia by a Republican.
That is what I said. The dem lost after Obama won.
I said that. The Republican won that one by 17 points.
11/3/2021 12:12 AM
Posted by Jetson21 on 11/2/2021 10:07:00 PM (view original):
It looks like Pupkin will win in Virginia but he will win by less then 7% probably.....possibly 6%.
In 2009 after the Obama victory the Republican won by 17 %. This is bad news for Trump as he depressed the Pupkin potential vote.
McCauilffe was an underdog by tradition but the deficit was less then the historical tendency so there is a silver lining for democrats.
Read mahsdebater read.
11/3/2021 12:21 AM
◂ Prev 1...54|55|56|57|58...174 Next ▸
THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.