Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by robusk on 4/24/2023 7:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by PBandJ on 4/24/2023 7:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 4/23/2023 10:00:00 PM (view original):
First round was pretty chalk but there are 8 picks in the second already that really have me scratching my head. Each of them either:
- went ~10-15 picks too early with alternative paths I liked better

or

- the person selected had a clearly superior player of the same profile on the board.
To translate:

Rob HATES my Rodman/Ben Ben combo to start.
I am on the record of being far lower on both players than consensus. But well established people like Ben disagree with me so I wouldn't take it personally.
I’m also really high on Ben Wallace. I have other guys ranked higher, but that 5x 100 with his rebounds makes a lot of decisions easier when picking later rounds. People are efg obsessed, though, and when you look at that, he falls quite a bit. I have him ranked behind Chandler & Capela in my metrics but would (and have, at least twice) pick him over either because I prefer draft flexibility later versus forced weakness early.
4/24/2023 1:11 PM
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2023 11:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jcred5 on 4/24/2023 11:16:00 AM (view original):
So far this couldn't have worked out any better than I had planned, for what my plan is worth. Really wanted to try KD and focus more on offense with my first pick rather than the generally conservative defender with mediocre shooting. And then really wanted to pair him with Capela. Worst defensive team I've started with, the dream was to slide Nance in between them to make up for the D and wasn't sure he'd make it to me. We'll see how easy it is to fit guys around them.
Is the plan KD at the 3 and Nance at the 4 or KD at the 2 and Nance at the 3?
For our sakes, I hope the former. Knowing jcred like I do, I bet he plans on the latter. I think KD has five really good 99% sg seasons, but going that route keeps you from using one of his five best, I think. KD and Marion would be amazing together if you intended on doing some hybrid playing.
4/24/2023 1:14 PM
Was I wrong thinking Nance was a great fit with Harden and Moses?
4/24/2023 1:23 PM
Posted by ashamael on 4/24/2023 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2023 7:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by PBandJ on 4/24/2023 7:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 4/23/2023 10:00:00 PM (view original):
First round was pretty chalk but there are 8 picks in the second already that really have me scratching my head. Each of them either:
- went ~10-15 picks too early with alternative paths I liked better

or

- the person selected had a clearly superior player of the same profile on the board.
To translate:

Rob HATES my Rodman/Ben Ben combo to start.
I am on the record of being far lower on both players than consensus. But well established people like Ben disagree with me so I wouldn't take it personally.
I’m also really high on Ben Wallace. I have other guys ranked higher, but that 5x 100 with his rebounds makes a lot of decisions easier when picking later rounds. People are efg obsessed, though, and when you look at that, he falls quite a bit. I have him ranked behind Chandler & Capela in my metrics but would (and have, at least twice) pick him over either because I prefer draft flexibility later versus forced weakness early.
eFG is definitely not my reasoning, my draft record shows that. Just look at my first three draft picks. For my money Ben isn’t even one dimensional… he’s like .75 dimensional. I need a lot more than that at that stage of the draft.

But ash is another voice of reason to put with Ben and the others. I think it’s pretty safe to ignore me on the matter even if I can’t say no to moderately interesting dialogue.
4/24/2023 1:27 PM
Posted by ashamael on 4/24/2023 1:14:00 PM (view original):
So far this couldn't have worked out any better than I had planned, for what my plan is worth. Really wanted to try KD and focus more on offense with my first pick rather than the generally conservative defender with mediocre shooting. And then really wanted to pair him with Capela. Worst defensive team I've started with, the dream was to slide Nance in between them to make up for the D and wasn't sure he'd make it to me. We'll see how easy it is to fit guys around them.
For our sakes, I hope the former. Knowing jcred like I do, I bet he plans on the latter. I think KD has five really good 99% sg seasons, but going that route keeps you from using one of his five best, I think. KD and Marion would be amazing together if you intended on doing some hybrid playing.
Iirc, he is on the record of being a bit gun shy on the position penalty with his high usage players. I think the cake up Re: Bird once.
4/24/2023 1:30 PM
Hmmm. Maybe. There’s a pretty big difference between 99 & 97, but I’m reluctant at 99 for high usage dudes
4/24/2023 1:34 PM
Posted by 20ks on 4/24/2023 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Nance is a great fit at sf with just about anybody.
4/24/2023 1:35 PM
Posted by 20ks on 4/24/2023 1:23:00 PM (view original):
I think it worked out for you. I have Horace rated around the same as Nance if you don't need Nance's usage, which you absolutely didn't!
4/24/2023 2:41 PM
2/3
4/24/2023 5:58 PM
Posted by robusk on 4/24/2023 1:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 4/24/2023 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Iirc, he is on the record of being a bit gun shy on the position penalty with his high usage players. I think the cake up Re: Bird once.
You’re right I am and spot on with Bird. I reserve the right to change my mind as the draft plays out but I think KD can pull off some 97%. He shoots so well that the penalty may be doable.
4/24/2023 6:02 PM
I’m liking doncic-Camby-kareem trio. Leaves me with a lot of options the rest of the way.
4/24/2023 7:40 PM (edited)
Posted by steelers821 on 4/24/2023 7:40:00 PM (view original):
I’m liking doncic-Camby-kareem trio. Leaves me with a lot of options the rest of the way.
I don't like it. Not one bit. But if I were you, I'd like it. A lot. Difference is - I have to face it. You don't.
4/24/2023 7:42 PM
I like picking at the end of the first round but you have to love your first three because that wait for 4/5 feels soooooo long.
4/24/2023 7:50 PM
I like picking in the middle. 12-16 is ideal for me.
4/24/2023 8:10 PM
I think I at least kind of know where I made mistakes last time. I’m trying my best to fix those mistakes but I’m sure I’ll just create new ones.
4/24/2023 8:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...42 Next ▸
Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.