Savage X Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by dh555 on 1/26/2023 5:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 1/26/2023 4:35:00 PM (view original):
I'm honestly scared shitless of Ben with Harden. I was halfway hoping he'd slide, and if he didn't, whoever drafted him would trade with me (assuming Kawhi wasn't there).
i moved harden ahead of cp3 on the imaginary big board in my head

the whole time i was building around cp3 last season i was thinking how much easier it would be if he had higher usg and more 3s like harden
I used to think I had an imaginary big board in my head, but then my doctor told me I actually have a big board in my head. I'm having surgery next Tuesday to remove it.
1/26/2023 5:54 PM
The case for James Harden is I was able to have good savage season with him.
1/26/2023 5:55 PM
When sheep are having a hard time falling asleep do they count people?
1/26/2023 6:39 PM
Posted by dh555 on 1/26/2023 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 1/26/2023 4:21:00 PM (view original):
I do, too, but it goes against everything in me to pick a dude with (at best) 40 defense in the 1st round. At least I won't be as stressed about getting high assist PG.
yea i think hes the hardest round 1 guy to figure out because of that defense...almost forces you to spend one of the next 2 picks on a 4/5 defender
i dont think you felt "forced" to snag the best defensive 4/5 in savage at the turn huh? great pick
1/26/2023 7:17 PM
Posted by dh555 on 1/26/2023 7:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 1/26/2023 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 1/26/2023 4:21:00 PM (view original):
I do, too, but it goes against everything in me to pick a dude with (at best) 40 defense in the 1st round. At least I won't be as stressed about getting high assist PG.
yea i think hes the hardest round 1 guy to figure out because of that defense...almost forces you to spend one of the next 2 picks on a 4/5 defender
i dont think you felt "forced" to snag the best defensive 4/5 in savage at the turn huh? great pick
Well, basically... When sitting at 21 without making the pick yet, I looked at the 11 or 12 guys most likely to be picked next and thought about what pair I'd like best between them. I knew that if I took Joker, it was extremely likely that I'd be able to get Hakeem, Duncan, Big Ben, or another guy not yet drafted within the six slots between my two picks, and if all four of those were gone, there's a plethora of guys that would likely have been available at the top of round 3 pair with Jokic to cover his abhorrent defense.

It's not how I would have liked for this to have gone; I would have rather gone guard in one of those spots but don't like the guys typically drafted in that area, save for Kawhi (just picked, damn you Ed) and Dr. J (no 3s - only really like him if I'm pairing him with Bird or Durant). My plan at 21 was to take Kawhi if he was there or trade spots with whoever took Harden. Both of those got shut down, so I'll go with the Big Joke squad for now.

1/26/2023 7:44 PM
I am miserable with pairing Gilmore with Kawhi.

Miserable.
1/26/2023 8:26 PM
Not sure why. You've got an excellent guard & a nice big. Gilmore's big minutes helps offset some of Kawhi's lack thereof. You have a variety of really good seasons to choose from with Gilmore, too. I really like it for you.
1/26/2023 9:10 PM
Posted by edsortails on 1/26/2023 8:26:00 PM (view original):
I am miserable with pairing Gilmore with Kawhi.

Miserable.
To me Gilmore mainly just has bad turnovers but is otherwise really solid. I feel like Kawhi pairs well.
1/26/2023 9:15 PM
Posted by Midge on 1/26/2023 6:39:00 PM (view original):
When sheep are having a hard time falling asleep do they count people?
Wool you quit this...
1/27/2023 11:58 AM
I'm not sure there's a more perfect combination for Giannis than Marion. That solves a bunch of headaches they each give you.

The run on guards at the end of the 2nd & top of the 3rd hurt my soul. I was hoping for Jrue or Manu. Once again, I have a huge minute guard who doesn't shoot many threes. At least Jokic shoots more threes than Dwight!
1/27/2023 5:01 PM
Posted by ashamael on 1/27/2023 5:01:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure there's a more perfect combination for Giannis than Marion. That solves a bunch of headaches they each give you.

The run on guards at the end of the 2nd & top of the 3rd hurt my soul. I was hoping for Jrue or Manu. Once again, I have a huge minute guard who doesn't shoot many threes. At least Jokic shoots more threes than Dwight!
It’s crazy how thin the guard pool is. We’re almost out of good ones already.

you’ve got a nice trio. Each of them makes up for each others’ weaknesses.
1/27/2023 5:12 PM
If you want a thin guard my recommendation is George Gervin.

If you want a nice trio I recommend The Kingston Trio.
1/27/2023 5:24 PM
Posted by ashamael on 1/27/2023 5:01:00 PM (view original):

I have had them both independently and they drove me crazy. I am hoping the combination alleviates some of the pain. Leaves me with some pretty glaring holes though.
1/27/2023 7:28 PM
We are seeing some unlucky draft positions. #10 pick Albiband0 is in Italy and #8 pick Jethroeg is from Las Vegas. 9 hours difference between the two which doesn’t really allow for quick draft synchronization. We will always hit these speed bumps. Oh well. What can we do. I just wanted to point it out just in case anyone was wondering.
1/27/2023 9:16 PM
Posted by chewy3344 on 1/27/2023 9:16:00 PM (view original):
We are seeing some unlucky draft positions. #10 pick Albiband0 is in Italy and #8 pick Jethroeg is from Las Vegas. 9 hours difference between the two which doesn’t really allow for quick draft synchronization. We will always hit these speed bumps. Oh well. What can we do. I just wanted to point it out just in case anyone was wondering.
This wouldn't be feasible here, but in my 14 team slow draft fantasy league, we always give our one European owner the turn picks at 1 or 14 (he usually just takes 14 to be kind), so he makes double picks and then it's not on him for a while. Helps a ton in terms of pace, but again, probably of little use for us here.
1/27/2023 9:51 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...32 Next ▸
Savage X Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.