Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Well, the two teams I put my best eggs in behaved properly. The next two, one of them was a hair away from winning division a day ago but looks like a five seed; the other crashed after all-star break and only won 37 games. My "worst" team, the one I hoped got me 25-30 wins, ended up with 42 wins in one of the craziest conferences we've seen. I have no idea if I have a legit shot at the overall crown or not - world 2 looks like DH's to lose - but my teams almost did exactly what the numbers said they were going to do. World 1 was somewhat of a head scratcher, but it was supposed to be 4th worst team.

Chewy should have quite a substantial lead going into the playoffs, but yeah, this looks like a fun finish!

Good luck to everybody.
6/23/2023 5:22 PM
So am I correct in assuming my underachieving bunch of losers and jethro are being relegated to a season off?
6/23/2023 9:21 PM
chewy looks like a decent favorite heading into the playoffs, dh555, dBKC and jcred5 as the stalking horses. I'd put ash, jhsukow and raggedclaws in the longshot range. robusk, Midge, 20ks, berkelon, benhoidal with an outside shot at a top five finish maybe.
6/23/2023 11:30 PM
Posted by chewy3344 on 6/23/2023 1:13:00 PM (view original):
Although I may win the regular season, I have to agree with rob’s original assessment. My team is not very good. But Not trash either. I will have at least 2 teams in the 2nd round thanks to a couple byes, but I do not think any of my teams are title contenders. Dh555, dBKC, and Ashamael have some really strong teams. I’d put my money on any of them before myself.

I agree this will be one of the best finishes ever. Good luck to all!
Erving is my blind spot in Savage tbh. I **** up my evals of his teams every single season.
6/23/2023 11:32 PM
Posted by amerk1180 on 6/23/2023 9:21:00 PM (view original):
So am I correct in assuming my underachieving bunch of losers and jethro are being relegated to a season off?
It's not an assumption really. It's more of a fact. It is insane that it came down to the game someone posted. Shocking really. That will go down in Savage history. Bravo for fighting it out man. Get back on the waiting list.
6/23/2023 11:33 PM
I think I needed the 4th team to have a chance. I just had a really rough start and my finish wasn’t enough. Hopefully I can get my first title in savage at least.
6/24/2023 12:19 AM
Double Midge in the first round!
6/24/2023 9:35 AM
Posted by steelers821 on 6/24/2023 12:19:00 AM (view original):
I think I needed the 4th team to have a chance. I just had a really rough start and my finish wasn’t enough. Hopefully I can get my first title in savage at least.
It's really hard to make a lot of noise with only three playoff teams unless two of them are of the 60 win variety. Ash should have W5 locked up and if he didn't have dh555 to deal with in W2, it would have been enough for me to move him from longshot to stalking horse even with the three playoff teams... because his top two are almost in that tier but just short of it.
6/24/2023 4:30 PM (edited)
We usually have a couple more higher end teams to deal with than we do this season.
6/24/2023 4:31 PM
Sukow the only manager with 3 teams in the top 15.
6/24/2023 4:32 PM
Scores tab is posted btw.
6/24/2023 4:32 PM
Spencer's W4 non-playoff team a full 8 wins better than steelers W1 playoff team.
6/24/2023 4:34 PM
I probably can't get a video cut by tomorrow, every free second I have right now is going into a class I am teaching in my off time. I will try and do a write up if I can some time this weekend, probably brief.
6/24/2023 4:35 PM
Posted by robusk on 6/24/2023 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Spencer's W4 non-playoff team a full 8 wins better than steelers W1 playoff team.
Yeah not exactly sure how that team made the playoffs it was suppose to be my worst team and was but I suppose sometimes it’s better to be lucky.
6/24/2023 4:56 PM
Coach Preseason Comments Comments Preseason Predicted Range Actual Finish Results Comments
jcred5 Really depends on lineup gymnastics but so much to love. 1-5 3 Did a great job by having no warts but no major strengths other than never fouling. Good team (his row is mostly white)
dBKC Lots of usage, weak defense but so many high ceiling players. 1-5 4 Defense ended up being much better than I thought other than opponent 3 pnt shooting
ncmusician_7 Defense is really a problem but everything else is great. 1-5 20 Really off on this team, the defense was just awful and the rebounding was worse
dh555 Great division draw on a great team. How to make the bench work? 1-5 2 Stretches of dominance, especially in division and the best team across all five worlds, second highest scoring squad in Savage.
ty84moss Top level talent is elite if the bench can hold up. 1-5 11 The bench did not in fact hold up. I was too optimistic on ty's odds.
jhsukow A jhsukow masterpiece? 5-10 6 Classic Giannis build and great work by jhsukow even though he changed lineups 100 times it seemed like.
benhoidal If the schedule is as good as it looks then this could be the season. 5-10 9 The schedule was as good as advertised but offense was not. Punting passing entirely may not be as viable in this league as it is in budget leagues.
edsortails Really cool to see how much the numbers love this team. 5-10 17 Numbers do lie and they did here. This squad did better in the first half of the season but fell off in the second half behind shaky offense and rebounding.
ashamael Ash is probably good enough to overcome some shallow depth. 5-10 5 ash is always good enough to overcome some sort of minor flaw. Much better offense than he usually is, survived worse rebounding than he usually has.
robusk Maybe taking min maxing a bit too far to the extreme. 5-10 8 One of the hardest division draws in Savage history as well as a ludicrous amount of OTs in the first half of the season.
steelers821 Feels far too low given the beautiful roster fit but SoS and historic performance weighing it down. 10-15 10 Was just about the right spot after all although I was sweating it when he started 10-0.
raggedclaws Really shallow amount of ARL seasons but Gobert + Lillard is magic. 10-15 7 The first half of the draft was so good that in the end that was good enough to carry the squad to a high finish.
amerk1180 Shooting from the high usage players will be the draw back. 10-15 23 Really off on this team, opponent shooting was okay but by far the worst shooting offense in the league.
gerryred Tons of great players playing at subpar positions. 10-15 18 Lost a lot of close games and finished 20 games below expected which didn't help.
20ks Rebounding plus Harden is a good recipe, but the bench is rough. 10-15 14 Rebounding was a little worse than I expected but 4 playoff teams is real nice.
chewy3344 Tough to go against the history, gonna eat my words? 15-20 1 My biggest whiff, never doubt chewy. One lesson is that you can afford to draft some guards with not that many usable minutes when you have one who play 40 MPG
24kpyrite History says 24k will make at least one finals and probably be closer to 15 than 20. 15-20 19 24k not getting a playoff team in is probably the most shocking development of this entire season. He is usually a mainstay of the late playoffs.
jkaye24 Gonna be gasping for breath and can't stop anyone but sure can score. 15-20 15 The offense was a little but worse than jkaye needed and so was the defense. After 15-20 games though, it looked like the experiment was going to work!
berkelon berkelon is gonna beat the numbers I believe. 15-20 12 berkelon also had quite a tough schedule, but good offense and getting to the free throw line a ton helped him do well against it.
Midge When they aren't turning the ball over they will score a lot. 15-20 13 Midge getting 4 playoff teams in with this squad is a miracle but it was one of the better offenses, it just could not rebound to save its life.
jpevans31 jpevans blew my projections way out of the water with his last build like this. 20-24 22 The lowest scoring team in Savage and the defense ended up not being as good as advertised as well.
pbandj Trenchcoat full of watches, but I like pbandj a lot and hope I am wrong. 20-24 21 Good rebounding and three point shooting, but not much else. Although I feel like I never did well against this team.
jethroeg jethroeg gets better every season and 20 wouldn't be bad. 20-24 24 jethro had 6 green cells in the spreadsheet!
albiband0 Depends on what happens with the guards tbh. 20-24 16 albi was way better than I expected, all our worst fears about the lineup did not play out and he ended up playing the best version of his team.
6/26/2023 8:54 AM
◂ Prev 1...37|38|39|40|41|42 Next ▸
Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.