Project 2025 Bans Freedom of Thought Topic

If you liked the first joker movie I would see the new one. Forget the reviews. If they didn’t like the first one they would like this one. Fickle finger of fake.

This one is more of the soul of Arthur Fleck.
Lady Gaga is very charismatic even charming in a criminally crazy way.

A throwaway line of dialogue has someone yelling Arthur Milligan.

The ending could lead into a Batman movie in a new universe.
Roman Polanski could have made this movie.
Dark can’t always be happy go lucky. Won’t put on a happy face.

10/10/2024 11:30 AM
You Want It Darker

If you liked the first Joker movie I would see the new one. Forget the reviews. If they didn’t like the first one they would like this one. Fickle finger of fake.

This one is more about the soul of Arthur Fleck. The face behind the facade.
Lady Gaga is very charismatic even charming in a criminally crazy way. Aside from the love affair it is thoroughly dark and unrelenting with non stop degradation and debasement but it is a interesting and thrilling character study.
If you are looking for a blockbuster DC movie you will be disappointed. This is not that movie. But it is something else.

A throwaway line of dialogue out of the blue that had someone yelling Arthur Milligan. That was a good one.

Roman Polanski could have made this movie. It mines the darkness of the mind of a beaten defeated dangerous man who sings as a way to communicate his feelings while masking his inner fantasies.. It is the quintessential tale of the sad clown - singing Put On A Happy Face while being crushed inside under the weight of his despair.
Dark can’t always be happy go lucky. Won’t get you to put on a happy face.

About movies in general - movies that are not intended as slop and cost 100 million to make are usually very worthwhile despite the critics. They want to keep their livelihood. I firmly believe that. They like to carp and re envision or try to make the movie in their own image or flat out tear it down. They are not as smart as they think no matter how interesting and poetic their pitter patter is. They are excellent writers but the substance of most of the reviews is didactic hogwash.

The Joker must be looked at for what it is intended to be and on that level I find it to be extraordinary. And the intended subject is unique and at times spellbinding.

If you get and understand the premise and appreciate it as you should then you can dig into a mind bending and mind hunter of a flick.

5 stars A+ and the 2 leads are as worthy of an Oscar as anyone this year.
10/10/2024 12:08 PM (edited)
Before Trump ( B.T ), Trump supporters disliked even despised the very rich and powerful but now they want to give the multi millionaires and billionaires gigantic tax cuts Again. I guess they will do anything if they can promote racism with Presidential encouragement and make it the American way more then ever before in modern times.

From the MAGA crazies to Trump : Gooble Gobble we accept you one of us one of us we accept you.

That kind of sums up their adulation.
10/13/2024 3:59 PM (edited)
It’s the amazing economy, stupid.
10/15/2024 2:14 AM
Haitian people throughout the country are in fear of violent attacks and vandalism by republicans ( it sure isn’t from democrats ) because of the horrible and inconceivable lies by Trump and Vance.

Just like how he got republicans to attack asian people. It wasn’t democrats doing that.

In what universe could such a contemptible ( evil to be precise ) individual be 50 50 for president.

In a recent rally the self proclaimed protector of women said that a woman who was protesting should get the hell beaten out of her.

And people respect that guy and show him love.

May they get poison Ivy in their privates and a pie in the face on their way to work every day and twice on holidays. And IRS tax audits.
10/15/2024 3:57 PM (edited)
I Will Be Your Protector

1. Forcible sex described as rape by his wife in her book and divorce. She did not like it.
2. Grab em by the What’s new pussycat. It is perfectly permissible for famous people.
3. Sexual assaults against many women that have come forward including being liable for rape against E Jean Carroll.
4. Ended Roe v Wade -total devastation for millions of women and girls and even death for some who are not permitted medical care because it might be called an abortion but it protects women who would never get an abortion.
5. Women should be punished for getting an abortion - mission accomplished.
6. The misogynist in chief - insults the appearance and intelligence and honesty of women and mocks them from sea to sea and at rallies says that a woman should get the hell beaten out of her.
7. Serial cheater even right after his wife gives birth.
8. Talks about a women he wants to have sex with and says that she reminds him of his daughter who he could have sex with.
9. Says that all women are happy that there is no Roe v Wade anymore. And everyone wanted that.
10. Separated immigrant women from their young children and puts everyone in cages as if they are animals. Some of the children became orphans.
11. Buries the wife he raped once on his golf course.

Thanks but no thanks.
10/16/2024 10:07 AM (edited)
Trump is falling a bit in the polls and he feels a lil pain.

What’s with Macho trump men listening to Villiage People at rallies. You would think that the American Hitler ( not my words blame JC Vance for that moniker ) would play some Wagner.

But no he is doing a wedding line dance with whoever will join him strutting and looking enthralled.

Dont tell any of the macho Trumpers but their potty mouth leader seems like a lil wuss.

It reminds me of the time that me and a friend of mine and his father in law were in San Francisco and as music lovers we bought a Judy Garland cd. I mean when in New Orleans we got Al Hirt music. My friend and I were big Sinatra and the rat pack fans and fans of the great American songbook so we were driving through San Fran windows open playing loudly Judy Garland. We had no idea how much of a gay old time we were having.
Et tu Trumpe.

BTW Trump is no American Hitler but he is an American Putin.
10/16/2024 9:27 PM (edited)
If someone has an IQ of 100 or over are they allowed to be a member of MAGA?
Under 2025 will it be illegal to not carry a gun in public?
Will MAGA fly the hammer and sickle along side of the American flag?
Would Trump send military aid to Russia in the war against Ukraine?
Would Trump get the USA out of NATO and into a similar pact with Russia and North Korea?
Will Melania do a brand new nude pictorial?
Will Trump get Liposuction or a stomach staple? ( gastroplasty)
Will Albania start a war with the USA?
Will 2025 mandate a Bible and Mein Kamf be in every public school classroom?
Will people that are black and white be alliowed to call themselves Black or White under 2025?
Will JD Vance’s wife be called white or Indian?
Will lobotomies become popular again if Trump wins?
Will American history become American X?
Will JD Vance be sent to Siberia?
Will racism be taught in public schools after the Department of Education is abolished?
Will deregulation be the law of the land?

Inquiring mind would like to know the answers to these and other questions.
10/18/2024 1:05 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...34|35|36
Project 2025 Bans Freedom of Thought Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.