TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 11:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 7/9/2018 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Kavanaugh's vote is no layup. It remains to be seen if any Red State Democrats will vote to confirm him, and there a few Republican wild cards...
Red state dems have zero to gain by voting to confirm.

“Oh, we were going to run aggressive ads portraying you as a crazy liberal but then you voted to confirm the judge, so never mind.” Said zero GOP campaign managers and super PAC consultants.
Whether this is true or not, you can't forget that 3 red state dems voted to confirm Gorsuch.
7/10/2018 6:37 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/10/2018 1:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 10:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 9:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 9:37:00 PM (view original):
They had slick, pre-printed "Stop Kavanaugh" signs for the camera shot ABC News showed after the nomination.

Pre-printed. I wonder how many piles of signs the organizers had with different names on them? It would have been much more visually effective if the signs were hand-made. At least then, they could have given the illusion of spontaneity. Sometimes, the democrats just don't know how to play it cool.
Who cares? Dems have essentially no power in this situation as long as Collins and Murkowski don’t defect.
Astonishing. You are absolutely correct and absolutely miles off the mark all at the same time.
What did I miss?
The dems have no power to stop the nomination if the reps stay united...absolutely correct.

The camera shot was choreographed. Thought went into the angle in front of the Supreme Court building, who would be visible and what would they be holding up, which chants would be picked up by the mic as the "news correspondent" spoke, etc. There was obvious advanced planning, capital spent, maybe even a rehearsal or two to get the chants just right. ABC, who could have set up shop anywhere and started rolling live at any time, was clearly working with the protesters for maximum emotional impact (the first things you saw were Stop Kavanaugh, Save Roe vs Wade (or whatever) signs even before the correspondent started talking. A moment of TV propaganda...

...and not made for the U.S. Senators voting to confirm. It's also not made for you nor I. The average IQ is 95. Mine is 134 and I'd guess yours is somewhat similar. That whole camera shot was made for the great unwashed who were expecting the Bachelorette to be on. But even some among the galactically stupid would wonder how the protesters had professionally-made signs in hand moments after the nomination was announced. Some of those unwashed were left with the impression that it was a staged act, which it was.

There's a WWI book I have which has a line I find interesting. Germany would meticulously plan every detail correctly only to blunder at the critical moment of decision. That is, IMHO, what the dems have been doing. They march on Washington after the election (pretty smart) but then let nuts like Madonna speak at the rally about burning down the White House. Police brutality/profiling is a legit issue and is brought to the fore but they choose the worst possible way of promoting the problem through kneeling during the Anthem. During the height of the Parkland school shooting debate when public opinion was teetering on the edge of supporting stricter gun control measures, former Supreme Court Justice Stevens comes out and says it's time to abolish the 2nd Amendment. The media, being gifted the most erratic and shoots-himself-in-foot POTUS we've ever seen, destroys its own credibility through countless Brian Ross-type nonsense to the point where AXIOS (about as liberal as you can get) shows poll numbers where 53% of DEMOCRATS and 79% of independents believe the media is fake, false or purposely misleading. This doesn't even scratch the surface.

There is a cumulative effect to all of this and it is not helpful to the dems cause. The left base is on fire but, by continually over-playing their hand, sometimes in small ways like showing how staged and premeditated the ABC camera shot was and sometimes in big ways, by souring millions of Americans to their favorite past time (football) by turning it into a political circus, is doing untold damage to the long-term dems agenda by suffering all of these self-inflicted wounds.

IMHO, that's what you missed. Now fire away. :)
WOW. You mean the Dems have learned how to attempt to manipulate the less informed thru visual choreography???

Isn't that the same as the Admin. "staging" events on prime time TV with carefully choreographed visuals and scripted audio??
You know, like treating POTUS "announcements" like a reality TV show with lots of advanced promos/etc. to make sure that all the "dummies" (sorry All3) tune it to see the clown prince of virtuality spin/lie/deceive them once again.............
7/10/2018 9:45 AM
I guarantee bob hangs on the POTUS's announcements F - A - R more than I, so I guess he's finally admitting to something (being the "dummy) there.
7/10/2018 10:06 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/10/2018 1:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 10:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 9:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 9:37:00 PM (view original):
They had slick, pre-printed "Stop Kavanaugh" signs for the camera shot ABC News showed after the nomination.

Pre-printed. I wonder how many piles of signs the organizers had with different names on them? It would have been much more visually effective if the signs were hand-made. At least then, they could have given the illusion of spontaneity. Sometimes, the democrats just don't know how to play it cool.
Who cares? Dems have essentially no power in this situation as long as Collins and Murkowski don’t defect.
Astonishing. You are absolutely correct and absolutely miles off the mark all at the same time.
What did I miss?
The dems have no power to stop the nomination if the reps stay united...absolutely correct.

The camera shot was choreographed. Thought went into the angle in front of the Supreme Court building, who would be visible and what would they be holding up, which chants would be picked up by the mic as the "news correspondent" spoke, etc. There was obvious advanced planning, capital spent, maybe even a rehearsal or two to get the chants just right. ABC, who could have set up shop anywhere and started rolling live at any time, was clearly working with the protesters for maximum emotional impact (the first things you saw were Stop Kavanaugh, Save Roe vs Wade (or whatever) signs even before the correspondent started talking. A moment of TV propaganda...

...and not made for the U.S. Senators voting to confirm. It's also not made for you nor I. The average IQ is 95. Mine is 134 and I'd guess yours is somewhat similar. That whole camera shot was made for the great unwashed who were expecting the Bachelorette to be on. But even some among the galactically stupid would wonder how the protesters had professionally-made signs in hand moments after the nomination was announced. Some of those unwashed were left with the impression that it was a staged act, which it was.

There's a WWI book I have which has a line I find interesting. Germany would meticulously plan every detail correctly only to blunder at the critical moment of decision. That is, IMHO, what the dems have been doing. They march on Washington after the election (pretty smart) but then let nuts like Madonna speak at the rally about burning down the White House. Police brutality/profiling is a legit issue and is brought to the fore but they choose the worst possible way of promoting the problem through kneeling during the Anthem. During the height of the Parkland school shooting debate when public opinion was teetering on the edge of supporting stricter gun control measures, former Supreme Court Justice Stevens comes out and says it's time to abolish the 2nd Amendment. The media, being gifted the most erratic and shoots-himself-in-foot POTUS we've ever seen, destroys its own credibility through countless Brian Ross-type nonsense to the point where AXIOS (about as liberal as you can get) shows poll numbers where 53% of DEMOCRATS and 79% of independents believe the media is fake, false or purposely misleading. This doesn't even scratch the surface.

There is a cumulative effect to all of this and it is not helpful to the dems cause. The left base is on fire but, by continually over-playing their hand, sometimes in small ways like showing how staged and premeditated the ABC camera shot was and sometimes in big ways, by souring millions of Americans to their favorite past time (football) by turning it into a political circus, is doing untold damage to the long-term dems agenda by suffering all of these self-inflicted wounds.

IMHO, that's what you missed. Now fire away. :)
That’s a lot to unpack, so I’m not going to address every point.

I think the idea idea that there is some sort of grand conspiracy is debunked two ways—1) by the things you listed. The idea that you think dems keep screwing it up over and over again leads me to believe that there isn’t a conspiracy. That things happen, people march/protest/react/etc and the news tries to sensationalize it, because that’s what the news does.

And 2) by the fact that news orgs (CNN, NYTimes, ABC, etc) trip over themselves trying to appear unbiased. To the point that it’s ridiculous. CNN still employs Corey Lewandowski. NYT does Trump voter profile after Trump voter profile and then publishes OP-EDs on the “necessity of Stephen Miller.” It’s ridiculous. The job of a news organization is not balance. It’s truth. If Trump is doing ****** things, it’s not biased to say so.
7/10/2018 10:10 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 7/10/2018 6:37:00 AM (view original):
Kavanaugh's vote is no layup. It remains to be seen if any Red State Democrats will vote to confirm him, and there a few Republican wild cards...

“Oh, we were going to run aggressive ads portraying you as a crazy liberal but then you voted to confirm the judge, so never mind.” Said zero GOP campaign managers and super PAC consultants.
Whether this is true or not, you can't forget that 3 red state dems voted to confirm Gorsuch.
They definitely did. And that’s an issue.
7/10/2018 10:11 AM
The job of a news organization is not balance. It’s truth. If Trump is doing ****** things, it’s not biased to say so.

It pains me to do so, but I gotta agree with b_l (yes, write down the day and time) - ALMOST.
If Trump is PROVEN to be doing ****** things, news organizations need to say so. The issue so many people have is that news organizations are continually printing innuendo, rumors and/or flat-out lies. That's why so many, even proud admitted Liberals, don't trust them. It would take decades of truth and nothing but the truth, to earn back that trust, so I don't see it ever happening.
7/10/2018 10:17 AM
News organizations report the and exaggerate the bad things DJT says and under report the good things he does.

#1) That locker room talk crap was just that. All guys do it.
#2) He never said all Mexicans are bad. He said they don’t send their best when they come over illegally.
#3) His “Muslim Ban” was based on the fact that several mostly if not all Muslim countries send people here who we cannot vet properly.

DJT has done what he said he was going to do when he ran. From harsher immigration enforcement to lower taxes, renegotiated trade deals, tougher stance on N. Korea, holding the other nations accountable in UN and NATO. He armed Ukraine, he stood up to Russia in Syria. I feel all this has been under reported. Especially the creation of jobs and higher investment in the US due to the aforementioned actions.

Lasty the SC was also what he ran on. He is not a law expert so he is working with the GOP establishment to nominate what they feel is the right candidate.
7/10/2018 10:31 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/9/2018 10:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 9:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2018 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 7:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 10:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 10:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/5/2018 6:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/5/2018 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Why are we cutting the military budget, that actually generates jobs vs. addressing entitlements?

Cutting the military budget won't mean less jobs generated.
How so? Do you know how many sub contractors rely on the military? That is such an ignorant and incorrect statement.
Cutting any government spending reduces jobs.
How would cutting entitlements reduce jobs? Do tell.
What entitlement are you talking about?
Medicare and Medicaid
So we cut Medicare. The dollars we were spending are no longer being spent. You don’t think that impacts jobs?
No. If a procedure costs $100...have more go out of pocket. Period.

Doctor still gets paid.
That’s not really the way it works.

Let’s say we cut Medicare spending by $30 billion a year. That’s about 5%.

All of that money comes out of the deficit though, so no one gets a tax break. Instead, we’re just disappearing $30 billion from the economy.

If someone used to have coverage for a $10,000 procedure and now they only get coverage for $5,000, most are going to forgo treatment or the doctor will have to write off the cost of the $5,000 the patient can’t afford to pay.

That reduces jobs, and not just in healthcare. People who sell anything to people who get their paychecks from the healthcare industry will see a slow down.

Now, maybe the economy can handle that. With unemployment low, cutting the deficit is probably a good idea as long as we see some wage growth soon. By that also applies to cutting defense spending, too.
Add this one to the list of times cccp wasn’t right.
OK stalker. LOL. Care to explain why everyone on these boards thinks you’re either insane or a troll or worse?

waiting....

Create a separate thread and pick any topic and I will be glad to school you in a debate on it. Again.

Otherwise just be quiet and let the adults converse.
You mean like the difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction?
We can debate that. I never said I don’t make mistakes.
7/10/2018 10:34 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 10:55:00 PM (view original):

In terms of Medicare you are 100% incorrect. LMAO.

You know just saying that I’m incorrect doesn’t make it so, right?
In your case no it does.
7/10/2018 10:35 AM
Posted by DoctorKz on 7/10/2018 5:20:00 AM (view original):
Politics has become lunacy. Diane Feinstein grilled Barrett over her Catholic faith. She would not have done the same to a Jew or Muslim.

It is not fair to admonish a judge for having strong religious beliefs. There is no issue as long as the judge puts their own personal beliefs aside, and makes a fair ruling.
Mmmmmhhhhmmmm. Let's say Obama had appointed a Muslim. Republicans would NEVER attack that judge for being Muslim, right?
7/10/2018 12:19 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/10/2018 10:11:00 AM (view original):

I disagree. I think it's good for the country for both dems and republicans to vote against party lines from time to time.
7/10/2018 12:24 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 7/10/2018 12:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/10/2018 10:11:00 AM (view original):

I disagree. I think it's good for the country for both dems and republicans to vote against party lines from time to time.
It is, but of course, there are caveats that go with that.

If a Senator truly believes that the best thing for the country (or his state) is to confirm the nominee, fine. But I don't think that's what happened there. I think it was a political calculation designed to shield them from re-election heat.

Which is dumb for two reasons:

1) No vote protects a Senator from attacks coming from the opposition. The RNC isn't going to go easy on Manchin because he voted to confirm Gorsuch. The same attack ads and talking points will be used against him. In fact, they may be worse, because the RNC sees him as weak and will spend more to win there.

2) Nothing protects a Senator better than his party having the majority in the Senate. Deciding to vote yes and taking ALL the pressure off of the vulnerable GOP Senators hinders that possibility.
7/10/2018 12:49 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Haiti really is a shithole...they can't make beer and their soccer team sucks.
I guess there is no reason for Haiti to exist then.
7/10/2018 12:52 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/9/2018 8:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/9/2018 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/9/2018 6:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/9/2018 1:46:00 PM (view original):
I swear b_l copy and pasted his last 2 posts from ones I made about him at some point.
He loses major points in the Originality category on my scorecard.
I told him that young girls get attacked whether they travel alone or with their parents and their parents should be held accountable for sending them illegally to the border. I showed him proof that the attacks happen whether they are alone or traveling with parents and then after debating me on this he spouts of with oh yeah of course. He is such a terrible human being.
So, tang, me and BL are terrible human beings, yet you continually defend a person who has:
1. Made fun of a mentally disabled person
2. Bragged about grabbing women by the *****
3. Referred to illegal Mexican immigrants as rapist
4. Called a number of third world countries shitholes

What have any of done that is worse than any of that?
LOL are you serious? bad luck blatantly called me a racist
so what? That makes him a terrible person? You've called me names, you constantly call tangplay an idiot, a moron and a horrible person. You call BL names as well. Is BL calling you a racist any worse than making fun of disabled people, bragging about grabbing women by the ***** or any of the other thing Trump has done? I guess since BL was specifically calling you a racist while none of things Trump said were about you, you would consider it worse. The question is, are you a racist? I don't think you are(except maybe when it comes to Muslims) You don't think you are. Who gives a **** what BL thinks? I know I don't.
7/10/2018 12:57 PM
In conservative-land, being called racist is a wrong equal to being racist.

Think the cops are racist? YOU'RE the racist. Think white privilege exists? YOU'RE the racist.

To those used to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
7/10/2018 1:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...344|345|346|347|348...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.