Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 10:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 10:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/5/2018 6:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/5/2018 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Why are we cutting the military budget, that actually generates jobs vs. addressing entitlements?

Cutting the military budget won't mean less jobs generated.
How so? Do you know how many sub contractors rely on the military? That is such an ignorant and incorrect statement.
Cutting any government spending reduces jobs.
How would cutting entitlements reduce jobs? Do tell.
What entitlement are you talking about?
Medicare and Medicaid
So we cut Medicare. The dollars we were spending are no longer being spent. You don’t think that impacts jobs?
No. If a procedure costs $100...have more go out of pocket. Period.

Doctor still gets paid.
That’s not really the way it works.

Let’s say we cut Medicare spending by $30 billion a year. That’s about 5%.

All of that money comes out of the deficit though, so no one gets a tax break. Instead, we’re just disappearing $30 billion from the economy.

If someone used to have coverage for a $10,000 procedure and now they only get coverage for $5,000, most are going to forgo treatment or the doctor will have to write off the cost of the $5,000 the patient can’t afford to pay.

That reduces jobs, and not just in healthcare. People who sell anything to people who get their paychecks from the healthcare industry will see a slow down.

Now, maybe the economy can handle that. With unemployment low, cutting the deficit is probably a good idea as long as we see some wage growth soon. By that also applies to cutting defense spending, too.
Add this one to the list of times cccp wasn’t right.
OK stalker. LOL. Care to explain why everyone on these boards thinks you’re either insane or a troll or worse?

waiting....

Create a separate thread and pick any topic and I will be glad to school you in a debate on it. Again.

Otherwise just be quiet and let the adults converse.
In terms of Medicare you are 100% incorrect. LMAO.

7/9/2018 10:52 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 9:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 9:37:00 PM (view original):
They had slick, pre-printed "Stop Kavanaugh" signs for the camera shot ABC News showed after the nomination.

Pre-printed. I wonder how many piles of signs the organizers had with different names on them? It would have been much more visually effective if the signs were hand-made. At least then, they could have given the illusion of spontaneity. Sometimes, the democrats just don't know how to play it cool.
Who cares? Dems have essentially no power in this situation as long as Collins and Murkowski don’t defect.
Astonishing. You are absolutely correct and absolutely miles off the mark all at the same time.
What did I miss?
7/9/2018 10:53 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/9/2018 10:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 9:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2018 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 7:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 10:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 10:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/5/2018 6:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/5/2018 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Why are we cutting the military budget, that actually generates jobs vs. addressing entitlements?

Cutting the military budget won't mean less jobs generated.
How so? Do you know how many sub contractors rely on the military? That is such an ignorant and incorrect statement.
Cutting any government spending reduces jobs.
How would cutting entitlements reduce jobs? Do tell.
What entitlement are you talking about?
Medicare and Medicaid
So we cut Medicare. The dollars we were spending are no longer being spent. You don’t think that impacts jobs?
No. If a procedure costs $100...have more go out of pocket. Period.

Doctor still gets paid.
That’s not really the way it works.

Let’s say we cut Medicare spending by $30 billion a year. That’s about 5%.

All of that money comes out of the deficit though, so no one gets a tax break. Instead, we’re just disappearing $30 billion from the economy.

If someone used to have coverage for a $10,000 procedure and now they only get coverage for $5,000, most are going to forgo treatment or the doctor will have to write off the cost of the $5,000 the patient can’t afford to pay.

That reduces jobs, and not just in healthcare. People who sell anything to people who get their paychecks from the healthcare industry will see a slow down.

Now, maybe the economy can handle that. With unemployment low, cutting the deficit is probably a good idea as long as we see some wage growth soon. By that also applies to cutting defense spending, too.
Add this one to the list of times cccp wasn’t right.
OK stalker. LOL. Care to explain why everyone on these boards thinks you’re either insane or a troll or worse?

waiting....

Create a separate thread and pick any topic and I will be glad to school you in a debate on it. Again.

Otherwise just be quiet and let the adults converse.
You mean like the difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction?
7/9/2018 10:54 PM
Kavanaugh's vote is no layup. It remains to be seen if any Red State Democrats will vote to confirm him, and there a few Republican wild cards...
7/9/2018 10:54 PM

In terms of Medicare you are 100% incorrect. LMAO.

You know just saying that I’m incorrect doesn’t make it so, right?
7/9/2018 10:55 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 7/9/2018 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Kavanaugh's vote is no layup. It remains to be seen if any Red State Democrats will vote to confirm him, and there a few Republican wild cards...
Red state dems have zero to gain by voting to confirm.

“Oh, we were going to run aggressive ads portraying you as a crazy liberal but then you voted to confirm the judge, so never mind.” Said zero GOP campaign managers and super PAC consultants.
7/9/2018 11:10 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 6:43:00 PM (view original):
I'd hate to interrupt regularly scheduled programming but...

France vs Belgium is going to be one hell of a game tomorrow and the winner should be a huge favorite to take home the trophy. OK, la belgique...allons-y!
Nah, man. It's Coming Home!

In all seriousness, that is gonna be a crazy game. Rooting for France because I had them going all the way in my pre-cup prediction to beat *cough* Germany and I like being right.
7/9/2018 11:14 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Haiti really is a shithole...they can't make beer and their soccer team sucks.
Haiti has actually made a World Cup!

So they are less of a shithole than many other countries.
7/9/2018 11:16 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 10:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 9:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 9:37:00 PM (view original):
They had slick, pre-printed "Stop Kavanaugh" signs for the camera shot ABC News showed after the nomination.

Pre-printed. I wonder how many piles of signs the organizers had with different names on them? It would have been much more visually effective if the signs were hand-made. At least then, they could have given the illusion of spontaneity. Sometimes, the democrats just don't know how to play it cool.
Who cares? Dems have essentially no power in this situation as long as Collins and Murkowski don’t defect.
Astonishing. You are absolutely correct and absolutely miles off the mark all at the same time.
What did I miss?
The dems have no power to stop the nomination if the reps stay united...absolutely correct.

The camera shot was choreographed. Thought went into the angle in front of the Supreme Court building, who would be visible and what would they be holding up, which chants would be picked up by the mic as the "news correspondent" spoke, etc. There was obvious advanced planning, capital spent, maybe even a rehearsal or two to get the chants just right. ABC, who could have set up shop anywhere and started rolling live at any time, was clearly working with the protesters for maximum emotional impact (the first things you saw were Stop Kavanaugh, Save Roe vs Wade (or whatever) signs even before the correspondent started talking. A moment of TV propaganda...

...and not made for the U.S. Senators voting to confirm. It's also not made for you nor I. The average IQ is 95. Mine is 134 and I'd guess yours is somewhat similar. That whole camera shot was made for the great unwashed who were expecting the Bachelorette to be on. But even some among the galactically stupid would wonder how the protesters had professionally-made signs in hand moments after the nomination was announced. Some of those unwashed were left with the impression that it was a staged act, which it was.

There's a WWI book I have which has a line I find interesting. Germany would meticulously plan every detail correctly only to blunder at the critical moment of decision. That is, IMHO, what the dems have been doing. They march on Washington after the election (pretty smart) but then let nuts like Madonna speak at the rally about burning down the White House. Police brutality/profiling is a legit issue and is brought to the fore but they choose the worst possible way of promoting the problem through kneeling during the Anthem. During the height of the Parkland school shooting debate when public opinion was teetering on the edge of supporting stricter gun control measures, former Supreme Court Justice Stevens comes out and says it's time to abolish the 2nd Amendment. The media, being gifted the most erratic and shoots-himself-in-foot POTUS we've ever seen, destroys its own credibility through countless Brian Ross-type nonsense to the point where AXIOS (about as liberal as you can get) shows poll numbers where 53% of DEMOCRATS and 79% of independents believe the media is fake, false or purposely misleading. This doesn't even scratch the surface.

There is a cumulative effect to all of this and it is not helpful to the dems cause. The left base is on fire but, by continually over-playing their hand, sometimes in small ways like showing how staged and premeditated the ABC camera shot was and sometimes in big ways, by souring millions of Americans to their favorite past time (football) by turning it into a political circus, is doing untold damage to the long-term dems agenda by suffering all of these self-inflicted wounds.

IMHO, that's what you missed. Now fire away. :)
7/10/2018 1:31 AM (edited)
Posted by tangplay on 7/9/2018 11:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 6:43:00 PM (view original):
I'd hate to interrupt regularly scheduled programming but...

France vs Belgium is going to be one hell of a game tomorrow and the winner should be a huge favorite to take home the trophy. OK, la belgique...allons-y!
Nah, man. It's Coming Home!

In all seriousness, that is gonna be a crazy game. Rooting for France because I had them going all the way in my pre-cup prediction to beat *cough* Germany and I like being right.
I had Germany *retch* over Belgium so you are one step better than me at this point. Bragging rights game for both of us.
7/10/2018 1:17 AM
The world will not end due to Gorsuch and Kavanaugh replacing Scalia and Kennedy on the bench. Any shift will likely be negligible. ..all 4 are/were Originalists...
7/10/2018 4:50 AM
It is no slam dunk that either of the new guys will rule hard to the right. Souter and Kennedy were thought to be very conservative when nominated, but some of their rulings weren't right leaning at all.
7/10/2018 4:53 AM

Any legal expert will tell you that Kavanaugh is deserving of resounding confirmation. In fact, Liberal Yale Law Professor Akhil Amar, who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016, called President Trump’s entire 25-person Supreme Court nominee list “distinguished” and “impressive.” Monday night, in a piece entitled “A Liberal’s Case for Brett Kavanaugh,” Amar wrote:

The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be the next Supreme Court justice is President Trump’s finest hour, his classiest move. Last week the president promised to select “someone with impeccable credentials, great intellect, unbiased judgment, and deep reverence for the laws and Constitution of the United States.” In picking Judge Kavanaugh, he has done just that.

“I strongly supported Hillary Clinton… [but] it is hard to name anyone with judicial credential as strong as those of Judge Kavanaugh.” thus giving red state Democrats no valid reason to oppose him.

The Supreme Court has given its stamp of approval to more than a dozen of Kavanaugh’s decisions, and more than 210 judges nationwide have cited his most popular opinions. Perhaps most qualifying of all, though, is this singular sentence written by Kavanaugh: “[R]ead the words of the statute as written. Read the text of the Constitution as written… Don’t make up new constitutional rights that are not in the text of the Constitution.”

7/10/2018 5:11 AM (edited)
Politics has become lunacy. Diane Feinstein grilled Barrett over her Catholic faith. She would not have done the same to a Jew or Muslim.

It is not fair to admonish a judge for having strong religious beliefs. There is no issue as long as the judge puts their own personal beliefs aside, and makes a fair ruling.
7/10/2018 5:20 AM
1 out of 5 Trump voters cited his pledge to put Originalists on the bench as their top reason for voting for him.
7/10/2018 5:28 AM
◂ Prev 1...343|344|345|346|347...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.