Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by dh555 on 5/12/2023 6:16:00 PM (view original):
ben and ty are gonna have a hell of a battle for the division in world 3...i feel bad for the rest of that division
how could i miss that 20ks had 91-92 ho grant on his world 3 team...no surprise hes in 1st
5/19/2023 8:55 PM
This cycle I have three games against gerry, a game against ash and a game against ncm. That is a pretty brutal cycle man. Ash is a killer, ncm's record betray's his point differential and gerry's team is nasty.
5/19/2023 9:00 PM
Posted by dh555 on 5/19/2023 8:48:00 PM (view original):
pretty sure this is my first time ever leading in savage

nah...better not jinx it
Your team is sick. I had a feeling it would be dominant.
5/19/2023 9:07 PM
In light of today's podcast topic I had an AI Bill Simmons recap the first half:

Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. What is happening? How are we down by 20 points at halftime? This is a nightmare. This is worse than the time we blew a 3-1 lead to the Lakers in 2010. This is worse than the time we traded Isaiah Thomas for Kyrie Irving. This is worse than the time we drafted Len Bias.

I can’t believe this. We were supposed to be the favorites. We have Tatum, Brown, Smart, Walker, Horford. We have Brad Stevens, the best coach in the league. We have Danny Ainge, the master of trades. We have the most championships in NBA history. We have the best fans in the world.

And yet, we are getting destroyed by Miami. Miami! A team that barely made the playoffs last year. A team that has Jimmy Butler as their best player. A team that has a bunch of rookies and castoffs. A team that has Erik Spoelstra as their coach. A team that has Pat Riley as their president. A team that has no history, no culture, no identity.

How did this happen? How did we let them outplay us in every aspect of the game? How did we let them shoot 60% from the field and 50% from three? How did we let them outrebound us, outassist us, outdefend us? How did we let them run us off the court with their pace and ball movement?

We have no answer for them. We have no energy, no urgency, no heart. We look like deer in headlights. We look like we don’t belong here. We look like we don’t care.

This is unacceptable. This is embarrassing. This is infuriating.

We need to wake up. We need to fight back. We need to show some pride.

We are the Boston Celtics. We are not going down like this.

We have one half left to save our season.

We have one half left to make history.

We have one half left to prove ourselves.

Let’s go Celtics!

5/19/2023 9:55 PM (edited)
Simmons is so awful and so consistently wrong about basic stuff I can’t even tell if the AI is that far off.
5/19/2023 10:03 PM
I think my fake Bill Simmons script I wrote in like Save II or III was better.
5/19/2023 10:04 PM
You know he used to play here. You should have him on as a guest on your next video. You could punch him in the face even though he is 1,500 miles away.
5/19/2023 10:46 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Boston isn’t winning anything this year?
5/19/2023 10:49 PM
Posted by Midge on 5/19/2023 10:49:00 PM (view original):
Trying to look at the glass half full - if they get swept or lose in 5 hopefully it will be clear to them Joe Mazzulla needs to go. I know it was a weird start to the season with Udoka having to go and Danny plucking Hardy away, but they need a professional coach out there and there's a few decent ones available.
5/20/2023 10:03 AM
Posted by jcred5 on 5/20/2023 10:03:00 AM (view original):
Trying to look at the glass half full - if they get swept or lose in 5 hopefully it will be clear to them Joe Mazzulla needs to go. I know it was a weird start to the season with Udoka having to go and Danny plucking Hardy away, but they need a professional coach out there and there's a few decent ones available.
Didn’t they give him a full time contract this season? I suspect they won’t give him the boot with a full contract on the books tbh.
5/20/2023 10:12 AM
I wonder if Stevens would come back or if it would be a good move. I always thought he was a great coach but it seemed like he lost the team his last year and it’s still the same guys now.
5/20/2023 10:31 AM
Posted by Midge on 5/19/2023 10:46:00 PM (view original):
You know he used to play here. You should have him on as a guest on your next video. You could punch him in the face even though he is 1,500 miles away.
I can’t even remember now but I think Simmons writing about this site is was got me to join.
5/20/2023 10:33 AM
He was in a baseball league that I was in a long time ago.
5/20/2023 11:47 AM
Posted by steelers821 on 5/20/2023 10:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Midge on 5/19/2023 10:46:00 PM (view original):
I can’t even remember now but I think Simmons writing about this site is was got me to join.
Yeah that is how I got here during the old BSG days. The Wilt/Bill era and $12M max salaries were fun...lol
5/20/2023 12:34 PM
Posted by robusk on 5/20/2023 10:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jcred5 on 5/20/2023 10:03:00 AM (view original):
Didn’t they give him a full time contract this season? I suspect they won’t give him the boot with a full contract on the books tbh.
They gave him an official head coach contract changing him from interim.
5/20/2023 3:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...32|33|34|35|36...42 Next ▸
Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.