The Midge52 Season LXXXVI Rosters & Evals Topic

Joker's Wilding
amerk1180

Draft picks: Nikola Jokic, Magic Johnson, Bill Russell, Donovan Mitchell, Otto Porter Jr., Antonio McDyess, Jaylen Brown

Offense: Nikola Jokic and Donovan Mitchell is a great one, two punch. It looks like you will have a seven man rotation and the other six appear to have enough usage so they can play keep away from Bill Russell. I think you're going to have some assist% problems anytime that Magic Johnson and/or Nikola Jokic is not in the game. At its best, this team will score points, unfortunately there will also be periods where the offense stagnates.

Defense: Bill Russell is great, the problem is that he is pretty much out there all by himself. It's a good thing he plays 43 minutes per game.

Rebounding: The rebounding is good. A little Bill Russell goes a long way.

Batman: Nikola Jokic

Robin: Magic Johnson

Alfred: Bill Russell

What I like: Nikola Jokic, all day and all night.

What I don't like: If you're going with a three guard system, make sure that one of them doesn't have an assist% of 7.2%.

Chewy score: 18,735, which is how many minutes you have in your seven man rotation. You're going to need about 12 minutes per game from the leper colony. You had better hope and pray that your seven draft picks don't get into foul trouble very often.
8/12/2024 8:07 PM (edited)
LBJPGQ&A+/-
seapilots

Draft picks: LeBron James, Bam Adebayo, Tyson Chandler, Montrezl Harrell, Jamal Murray, Andrew Bogut, Bradley Beal

Offense: Here we have another team that oozes good eFG% out of every pore. Ten of the twelve players are above 57%. Two Gold Medal winners from Paris, that has to be a good thing, right?

Defense: I wouldn't call it elite, but you have some guys here who will at least slow some teams down. Chandler, LeBron and Bam lead the way, and Bogut will block some shots and grab some rebounds.

Rebounding: The overall rebounding is a bit weak, but hopefully having LeBron James lining up in the back court will help.

Batman: LeBron James

Robin: Bam Adebayo

Alfred: I would like to say that LeBron James is also the Alfred here, but.......you know what? Screw it. LeBron James

What I like: Apparently I like LeBron James. He's pretty good. I don't think LeBron James has ever won the 52, maybe this team can be the first.

What I don't like: I'm not really thrilled with the team name. I would feel better about this team if it had more rebounding.

Chewy score: 40,474 or 112, 40,474 points and still counting and 112 triple doubles.....so far
8/12/2024 11:10 PM (edited)
Luka & the 400 Unit
copernicus

Draft picks: Luka Doncic, Kawhi Leonard, Bobby Jones, Alonzo Mourning, Shawn Kemp, Andrew Bynum, Marcus Smart

Offense: Luka.....36.1% usage, 57.3% eFG, and 29.1% assists. Not bad. Alonzo Mourning, Kawhi Leonard and Shawn Kemp are all capable scorers.

Defense: When you play my team I think you should rest Luka and start Marcus Smart so you can have five 100 defenders in the starting lineup. Not only are the defensive ratings great, but you gobs of stocks too. I suppose you could call this defense elite. Your biggest worry is if Mourning and/or Kemp get into foul trouble.

Rebounding: Wow. Defense and rebounding. I think someone once said that having defense and rebounding is a good thing.

Batman: Luka Doncic

Robin: Alonzo Mourning and Shawn Kemp. If LeBron can be Batman and Alfred at the same time then we can have a team with two Robins.

Alfred: Bobby Jones

What I like: Just about everything.

What I don't like: Your top seven players only total 18,047 minutes, which means you're going to need 20 minutes per game from a bunch of guys with big red noses and floppy shoes.

Bonus Midge: This team would be great in the Olympics with the 40 minute games.

Chewy score: 400
8/12/2024 8:31 PM
Sweatpants Money
beloud

Draft picks: Kevin Garnett, Charles Barkley, Daniel Gafford, Scottie Pippen, Jonathon Isaac, Trayce Jackson-Davis, Gary Payton II

Offense: Somebody once said that Bob Gibson was the luckiest pitcher in baseball
because every time he pitched the other team didn't score any runs. I'm going to say that beloud is pretty lucky too, because his offense always seems to score more points than the other team's offense. Barkley is a points machine. Sometimes you look at his teams and maybe you're not that impressed, but he always seems to have these guys like Trayce Jackson-Davis (70.2 eFG%), Daniel Gafford (72.5 eFG%), Gary Payton II (67.9 eFG%), and Mitchell Robinson (69.4 eFG%) who really boost the team shooting percentage. I think his offense will be okay.

Defense: He usually doesn't have many, if any, weak defenders, but if he has one you can be sure they will be right next to another guy who can help them out a bit. See Charles Barkley over there practicing one handed dunks with a donut in his other hand? That guy next to him is Kevin Garnett. I think his defense will be okay.

Rebounding: Don't ask me how he does it, but yeah, I think his rebounding will be okay.

Batman: Charles Barkley

Robin: I do realize that Scottie Pippen is on this team, but I'm going with Kevin Garnett.

Alfred: Scottie Pippen. Please don't tell him.

What I like: A long time ago I looked at some beloud teams and wasn't that impressed. Those teams won. I learned a while back to never underestimate a beloud team. This team will win a lot of games.

What I don't like: Losing to beloud in the playoffs.

Bonus riftonapple:
17) beloud--- can I just say that b4 almost every season when I look at your team I am like, "oh these guys aren't all that, he's not going to do all that great." And then every season you kick a$$. I don't get it. This is the master of the $52 right here. He's won 3 of the last 7. Again, I am just being honest, when I look at your team I am not impressed. But then I look at your totals and percentages and I just shake my head. Haven't you won this with Fat Lever as your PG b4? Anyways, I bet you liked Gobert falling in your lap? That was a no brainer. But then, I hate Paul George especially where you took him. I think you picked Oscar way too early. Grant was a fantastic pick. Clarke is fine but just a partial player. Gafford is a good backup. I really dislike your Dej Murray pick. This team should not sniff the playoffs but I promise you it will be in contention for the Finals. It blows my mind. You have the uncanny ability of team building and getting all your #'s where you need them to be. Are you one of those that isn't really that into sports and are just a statistical genius? Just curious. You are one, if not the only owners to build a team with over a 2 to 1 Assists to TO ratio and yet every single one of your stat lines is solid. Your bench is great. I don't know what to say. I don't love your team but it will be in the Final 4.

Bonus Midge: That was Rifton's eval of beloud's team from a few seasons ago. beloud went on to win the league.

Chewy score: 100
8/14/2024 8:14 PM (edited)
Warrior's Sons
uptowngbv

Draft picks: Shaquille O’Neal, Tyrese Haliburton, Jayson Tatum, Jakob Poeltl, Thaddeus Young, Kyle O’Quinn, Onyeka Okongwu

Offense: Shaquille O'Neal, Jayson Tatum and Tyrese Haliburton make a solid core of good eFG% with good passing on the side. When the others get their turns they can shoot too. Almost everyone on the team is either a perimeter guy or a paint guy. This offense is primed and ready to score points.

Defense: It's a good thing this team will score a lot, because the defense is mostly below
average. You do have some shot blocking, which will help, but the average defensive rating appears to be about 65, and the bench defense is about the same.

Rebounding: A whole lot of guys crash the boards on offense, so that's great. Everyone on defense also rebounds well, except for Haliburton who is better than average for a point guard. It will be a team rebounding effort, but the rebounding looks good.

Batman: Shaquille O'Neal

Robin: Jayson Tatum

Alfred: Tyrese Haliburton

What I like: The offense, even if you miss a shot you have a good chance at grabbing the rebound.

What I don't like: The defense could be a problem. Also, you only make 490 three pointers at 36.2%. I would feel better if the percentage was higher.

Chewy score: 1671, the number of offensive rebounds on the roster
8/13/2024 5:41 PM
Far Being Retzglaran
longtallbrad

Draft picks: Wilt Chamberlain, Karl-Anthony Towns, Victor Oladipo, Jarred Vanderbilt, Deron Williams, Charlie Ward, Clyde Drexler

Offense: Wilt Chamberlain is a good place to start, but I thought you were supposed to surround Wilt with a bunch of good three point shooters and I see some, but I would like to see more. The highest usage guy is Victor Oladipo, whose eFG% is only 53.7%. That is a lot of shots that Wilt isn't taking. Karl-Anthony Towns and Oladipo will score, and Deron Williams will pile up the assists, but it seems to me that you have a lot of guys shooting and Wilt will be watching, not shooting.

Defense: Wilt is great, excellent blocks and low fouls. Oladipo is great, covering two positions and making a lot of steals. I guess Charlie Edge starts at SF, and he will contribute with a good defensive rating and good defensive rebounds. Towns is a bit of a weak spot, with a low defensive rating and he can't switch with Wilt. At least his rebounding helps. The defense will be fine as long as the other team doesn't play a power forward.

Rebounding: The rebounding is good at both ends. Wilt is great. Edge and Jarred Vanderbilt are both excellent at SF. Towns and Deandre
Ayton both rebound well. Oladipo is good and Clyde Drexler is even better.

Batman: Wilt Chamberlain

Robin #1: Karl-Anthony Towns

Robin #2: Victor Oladipo

What I like: Wilt Chamberlain. I think Wilt Chamberlain has won this league nine times. LeBron James has never won this league. When given the first pick, I think more often than not people take LeBron James. It makes me wonder if Wilt Chamberlain should always be the number one pick.

What I don't like: Pretty much everyone who will see significant minutes is either a midrange guy or an inside guy. Your team shoots 38.3% from the perimeter. I would like to see more three point shooters and a higher percentage. I might be being to picky, it's possible that if you added more three point shooting it would weaken your rebounding.

Chewy score: 20,000, I believe this is just an estimate
8/14/2024 7:37 PM (edited)
FlashBrow
dh555

Draft picks: Anthony Davis, Dwyane Wade, Shawn Marion, Dikembe Mutombo, Brent Barry, Roy Tarpley, Terence Jones

Offense: Dwyane Wade.....I don't like it that he doesn't shoot threes well and his eFG% isn't the greatest, but he gets to the free throw line a lot and adds a lot of assists and his defense is great on top of that so if you have to live with a couple of warts you live with a couple of warts. He scores points. I never thought Anthony Davis would beat his 17-18 season, but I think he managed to do it. This won't be the best offense in the league, but the object is just to score more points than the other team.

Defense: The defense is excellent, anchored by Dikembe Mutombo in the middle. Wade is great, a 100 D to go along with steals and blocks and low fouls. Anthony Davis and Shawn Marion are both superb. The only semi-weak spot is Brent Barry, but he will chip in with defensive rebounds and steals.

Rebounding: The rebounding is fine. Nothing to see here people, just move along.

Batman: Anthony Davis

Robin: Dwyane Wade

Alfred: Dikembe Mutombo

What I like: I like this team. I haven't been saying who is a contender and who isn't, but I think this team is.

What I don't like: I don't like the way Dwyane Wade spells his name. Why isn't it Dwayne? I know it isn't his fault, but what the hell
happened? Was it a typo? Did someone hiccup while they were typing his name? Did his mom just want it to be different? I need to know.

Chewy score: 555, I have no idea what it means, there isn't a May 55th.
8/14/2024 7:36 PM (edited)
Redemption Bomb
berkelon

Draft picks: Steph Curry, Jrue Holiday, Nic Clayton, Amare Stoudemire, Anfernee Hardaway. Ivica Zubac, Chris Anderson

Offense: Steph Curry and Amare Stoudemire is a great one, two punch. Aaron Gordon looks like a bit of a weak spot, but the other others should be just fine.

Defense: You have some blocks and some steals and low fouls, which is all nice. I'm afraid that at time there will be too much Stoudemire, Gordon and Ivica Zubac and not enough Nic
Claxton and Chris Andersen.

Rebounding: I'm going to say that for this league the rebounding is on the weak side. You have a bunch of great rebounders who won't play much. Weaker than average rebounding to go with weaker than average defense is not a good combination.

Batman: Steph Curry

Robin: Amare Stoudemire

Alfred: Jrue Holiday

What I like: You have two Gold Medal winners, so that's nice. I like the three guard rotation in the backcourt.

What I don't like: You had better hope that Curry and Stoudemire are hot all season, because if they have some bad games I don't think the defense is going to hold up.

Chewy score: 402, in honor of Wardell Stephen Curry II

8/14/2024 6:54 PM
Hide yo kids Hide yo wife
raggedclaws

Draft picks: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Clint Capela, Derrick Favors, Jerry West, Tree Rollins, Jaren Jackson Jr., JaVale McGee

Offense: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerry West is an interesting combination in the backcourt. They both play defense, they both score a lot of points, they both take and make a lot of free throws. What they don't do is shoot a lot of threes. Clint Capela, JaVale McGee, Derrick Favors and Mitchell Robinson will all do a good job of boosting the team shooting percentage. A lot of this team's success might depend on just how much SGA and The Logo actually get to the free throw line.

Defense: I like the defense a lot. There are plenty of guys with excellent defensive ratings, a ton of blocked shots, and a few guys who will get some steals. One concern here is that there are a few guys who foul too much. Tree Rollins, Jaren Jackson, Mitchell Robinson, and JaVale McGee are all best suited for guarding Shaquille O'Neal.

Rebounding: He has five guys who will be all over the offensive glass. The defensive end looks like a group project, with everyone but Jerry West doing their part. Overall, I think the rebounding will be okay.

Batman: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Robin: Jerry West

Alfred: Clint Capela

What I like: I've seen other teams who have higher usage guys with good or decent eFG% surrounded by a bunch of guys who will shoot less but have better eFG%. It seems to work well, so there is no reason to believe that it won't work here.

What I don't like: There are only 454 made three pointers and the shooting percentage for them is only 35.4%. The bigs foul too much.

Total Honesty Department: raggedclaws is another guy who was on vacation during this draft. On top of that, he got Covid while he was on vacation. Far be it from to tell raggedclaws how to pick a team, but I get the feeling that Jerry West was a quick vacation pick,
influenced by the fact that He just had Jerry West on his Savage teams and West players well for him.

Chewy score: 16, as in raggedclaws has won 16 titles in 145 leagues. That's pretty darned good people.
8/14/2024 7:35 PM
Posted by Midge on 8/14/2024 7:36:00 PM (view original):
Hide yo kids Hide yo wife
raggedclaws

Draft picks: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Clint Capela, Derrick Favors, Jerry West, Tree Rollins, Jaren Jackson Jr., JaVale McGee

Offense: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerry West is an interesting combination in the backcourt. They both play defense, they both score a lot of points, they both take and make a lot of free throws. What they don't do is shoot a lot of threes. Clint Capela, JaVale McGee, Derrick Favors and Mitchell Robinson will all do a good job of boosting the team shooting percentage. A lot of this team's success might depend on just how much SGA and The Logo actually get to the free throw line.

Defense: I like the defense a lot. There are plenty of guys with excellent defensive ratings, a ton of blocked shots, and a few guys who will get some steals. One concern here is that there are a few guys who foul too much. Tree Rollins, Jaren Jackson, Mitchell Robinson, and JaVale McGee are all best suited for guarding Shaquille O'Neal.

Rebounding: He has five guys who will be all over the offensive glass. The defensive end looks like a group project, with everyone but Jerry West doing their part. Overall, I think the rebounding will be okay.

Batman: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Robin: Jerry West

Alfred: Clint Capela

What I like: I've seen other teams who have higher usage guys with good or decent eFG% surrounded by a bunch of guys who will shoot less but have better eFG%. It seems to work well, so there is no reason to believe that it won't work here.

What I don't like: There are only 454 made three pointers and the shooting percentage for them is only 35.4%. The bigs foul too much.

Total Honesty Department: raggedclaws is another guy who was on vacation during this draft. On top of that, he got Covid while he was on vacation. Far be it from to tell raggedclaws how to pick a team, but I get the feeling that Jerry West was a quick vacation pick,
influenced by the fact that He just had Jerry West on his Savage teams and West players well for him.

Chewy score: 16, as in raggedclaws has won 16 titles in 145 leagues. That's pretty darned good people.
Seems like an accurate diagnosis, doctor

(I am negative now by the way)
8/14/2024 7:55 PM
Milo Thatch
LONGTALLBRAD

Draft picks: James Harden, Artis Gilmore, Ben Simmons, Bob McAdoo, Pascal Siakam, T.J. McConnell, Kenneth Faried

Offense: I've never used James Harden, but I am thinking that one good way to build around Harden is to surround him with low usage, high eFG% guys. I'm not seeing a whole lot of that. It appears to me that the total usage in the starting lineup is about 128. Isn't that a lot? A good thing about Harden is that he gets fouled a lot, but if you have that much usage around him aren't you decreasing the chances that he will go to the free throw line? I think the team will score some points, but I just don't understand the build.

Defense: Everyone who I think is in the starting lineup is between 70 and 84. No weak spots. Nobody who would be considered elite. Artis Gilmore and Bob McAdoo will both block some shots, so that's good. Harden and Ben Simmons will both get some steals so that's good. The
bench defense is weak.

Rebounding: Gilmore is great, and he's out there for 42 minutes per game. Harden and Simmons are both good rebounding guards. Kenneth Fried is outstanding for when he is in the game. The rebounding is in good shape.

Batman: James Harden

Robin: Bob McAdoo

Alfred: Artis Gilmore

What I like: bacon cheeseburgers and Coca-Cola

What I don't like: cold french fries

Chewy score: 128.3, which is the combined usage for the five guys (bacon cheeseburgers!) who I think will start
8/15/2024 4:06 PM
◂ Prev 123
The Midge52 Season LXXXVI Rosters & Evals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.