Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by chewy3344 on 5/12/2023 1:24:00 PM (view original):
Not saying I’m right but last season I used these wilt seasons

65-66, 26 usage, 54EFG, 90D, 15/28 Reb, 12Ast
66-67, 18 usage, 68EFG, 90D, 16/27 Reb, 17Ast
67-68, 20 usage, 59EFG, 100D, 15/26 Reb, 18Ast
71-72, 13 usage, 65EFG, 100D, 14/25 Reb, 10Ast
72-73, 11 usage, 73 EFG, 100D, 13/24 Reb, 11Ast
I think having 100 or 90 D for all 48 minutes vs an 80 defense is more substantial than contemplating defense from a 24-30 mpg player. To say it differently, the more minutes the player can play, the more weighted those stat differences become. Feel free to debate.
I really agree with you here. Finding the correct balance between best value per minute and best overall value is the struggle for me. Like, Wilt & Gobert have about equal value per minute, but Wilt plays SOOOOO MANY MORE MINUTES that I think he's much more valuable...

...except that he can't guard PFs and Rudy can, so that helps Rudy some, but I'd take Wilt #2. I wouldn't even consider Rudy #2.
5/12/2023 5:34 PM
Posted by Midge on 5/12/2023 1:11:00 PM (view original):
This is the wrong time for me to say this, but better Nate than lever.

I want to thank Rob especially, and also everyone else involved, for putting together the amazing eval videos for the rest of us to enjoy. Rob is a very busy guy, and for him to take the time to make these is great.

I play WIS basketball for fun, but what greatly adds to the enjoyment of it all is the other people here at this site. It’s so nice to site-mail or even text people here who I have gotten to know, even if it’s just a little bit. I met gerryred for lunch one day halfway between our homes and we had a great time talking basketball and eating burgers. Whenever, we can get our schedules to align, I am hoping that beloud and I can meet for lunch in Portugal.

In addition to the people, the winner written evals are fantastic. There have been a number of different styles and formats, and most of the time they are well worth reading and much appreciated.

On top of that, sometimes people will go above and beyond, like when Ben wrote his Games of Zones masterpiece. Simply amazing! The Sim Devil podcasts were also fantastic!

I also need to mention ash, who taught us all how to play the game. If he posted his grocery list or an analysis of best colors for socks I would totally read it, because he has a gift for analysis, and then being able to write it down in a way that (okay, I’m not sure how to finish that sentence. If you absolutely need the rest of the sentence please ask ash to finish it for me. He can do it.). I also want to include an analysis of the best colours for socks for our Canadian friends who frequent this site.

Last, but not least, I would like to mention 24kpyrite. I don’t have anything else to say about him at this time, I just wanted to mention him.

Anyhow, even if we don’t always say it, all of the evals and podcasts and essays and friendly arguments and videos are what make this site great. Keep it up guys, it is all greatly appreciated.

Vey well said. I definitely don’t have a ton of bandwidth for analyzing teams that aren’t my own, and it’s very much appreciated how much fun it makes it when people look and care about the efforts you are putting in. I missed a few savages but very glad to be back and at it. Keep it up Rob, Ben, dh, ash and everyone who makes the site great.
5/12/2023 5:51 PM
Posted by robusk on 5/11/2023 10:10:00 PM (view original):
@dh: rooting for your team and having to watch ******* Tatum of all people get his **** together at the end is just disgusting. That ending was brutal. The 6ers have deprived me of Simmons tears, the sustenance on which I feed.
i too was really looking forward to hearing simmons start coming up with fake jaylen trades...now hes gonna be coming up with fake embiid trades..ugh
5/12/2023 6:05 PM
Posted by ashamael on 5/12/2023 5:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chewy3344 on 5/12/2023 1:24:00 PM (view original):
Not saying I’m right but last season I used these wilt seasons

65-66, 26 usage, 54EFG, 90D, 15/28 Reb, 12Ast
66-67, 18 usage, 68EFG, 90D, 16/27 Reb, 17Ast
67-68, 20 usage, 59EFG, 100D, 15/26 Reb, 18Ast
71-72, 13 usage, 65EFG, 100D, 14/25 Reb, 10Ast
72-73, 11 usage, 73 EFG, 100D, 13/24 Reb, 11Ast
I think having 100 or 90 D for all 48 minutes vs an 80 defense is more substantial than contemplating defense from a 24-30 mpg player. To say it differently, the more minutes the player can play, the more weighted those stat differences become. Feel free to debate.
I really agree with you here. Finding the correct balance between best value per minute and best overall value is the struggle for me. Like, Wilt & Gobert have about equal value per minute, but Wilt plays SOOOOO MANY MORE MINUTES that I think he's much more valuable...

...except that he can't guard PFs and Rudy can, so that helps Rudy some, but I'd take Wilt #2. I wouldn't even consider Rudy #2.
interesting....i just cant get past using a top 3 pick on a low usg player...i feel like i need some of that high efg paint scoring 68-69 provides to justify the pick
5/12/2023 6:10 PM
awwww man...thats your best team in world 2 isnt it jcred?

in fact, with the possible exception of ed, i think thats everyone best or 2nd best team in that division

13-14 kd
96-97 malone
15-16 curry
66-67 wilt
00-01 shaq
5/12/2023 6:14 PM
ben and ty are gonna have a hell of a battle for the division in world 3...i feel bad for the rest of that division
5/12/2023 6:16 PM
sucks for us in world 1 steelers...i think the other 4 have their best teams in there
5/12/2023 6:19 PM
chewy's team names crack me up.
5/12/2023 7:02 PM
Posted by dh555 on 5/12/2023 6:14:00 PM (view original):

in fact, with the possible exception of ed, i think thats everyone best or 2nd best team in that division

13-14 kd
96-97 malone
15-16 curry
66-67 wilt
00-01 shaq
That is my #5 team. I'll show myself down to the basement.
5/12/2023 8:21 PM
I enjoyed both videos, and thanks to you guys for the first video evals. I'm just glad you guys mentioned my team. I was ready to be the only team no one talked about lol.

I'm actually very surprised to hear that most liked my team. I thought I would get ripped, so it was a nice surprise. I honestly figured that everyone would rip my Ja Morant pick specifically, and he wasn't even mentioned. I can understand questioning my early round picks. I just got enamored with the idea of pairing AD with Bill Russell as the 1st round went on and moved into the 2nd. LOVE the idea of the low post scoring of AD and the D/Reb/blocks Russell provides, so I was happy to get both. Klay is the trey threat I needed in the 3rd, even though he doesn't help much with assists. I wanted Frazier in the 4th and kinda panicked taking Brent Barry in the 4th. Hate the pick, in fact, he is projected to get less minutes than Mullin or Carter or both. Love Roundfield's minutes at the 3 and where I got him in round 7 I think. Derek Harper does a lot for a mid round PG and I took Ja to give me scoring and asst% that Barry can't. As for Elgin, no he probably won't play much...maybe 10 mins or so on one team, but I love a guy in round 12 that plays almost EVERY position to give me that final flexibility for guys who foul out.

Can't wait to see how this shakes out!
5/13/2023 3:20 AM
Posted by dh555 on 5/12/2023 6:14:00 PM (view original):

13-14 kd
96-97 malone
15-16 curry
66-67 wilt
00-01 shaq
Honestly not sure. I tried to build one or two stronger teams, but the numbers are coming out pretty similar across all 5. W2 is probably the best shooting, but average D. I think my teams will do good but not great, I once again probably was a little too conservative starting with Gasol. I had so many seasons/minutes already I should have been a bit more aggressive with low season/minute guys. Baron Davis and Humphries are almost not playing. One season back ups each.
5/13/2023 9:24 AM
Thanks to everyone who responded to the video. We put a lot of work into that, and I’m glad it went over well. Shout out to Rob for doing the majority of the work.

One thing I realized while setting my team matchup settings today is that everyone is really freaking good this season. I don’t know if I feel good about my first game matchup in any of the five worlds. This will be a bloodbath.

Also, while my individual team names are “(1-5) Seconds Or Less”, which is a nod to the Phoenix teams of the 2000s since I have Marion and Amare (but with Magic at the helm), I thought of a name of the franchise as a whole, and it’s a triple entendre, and I’m a nerd so that excites me and I want to share.
We’re the Phoenix Sol.
1. Verbal wordplay of Soul/Sol. The logo would tie that in.
2. Sol means Sun in Spanish, so with it being tied to Phoenix, it works as a direct translation for Phoenix Suns.
3. SOL = Seconds Or Less.

Just a shower thought.
5/13/2023 9:29 AM
Posted by robusk on 5/11/2023 10:10:00 PM (view original):
@dh: rooting for your team and having to watch ******* Tatum of all people get his **** together at the end is just disgusting. That ending was brutal. The 6ers have deprived me of Simmons tears, the sustenance on which I feed.
I thought you said you didn't listen to simmons anymore? Or do you just tune in when the Boston teams lose to hear the horror....

I fully expect the Celts to blow it Sunday and make my wife cry on Mothers Day. Not because she likes the Celtics that much, but because I'll ruin her Mothers Day. Mazzulla is so far in over his head that Doc is coaching circles around him. Jaylen Brown is back to pretty much not being able to dribble. Horford is toast and Smart will try to put the team on his back and score 40. Plus the chunky boys now have an extra days rest.
5/13/2023 9:29 AM

Or do you just tune in when the Boston teams lose to hear the horror....

5/13/2023 10:16 AM
Lol I see I’m surrounded by fellow Simmons hate listeners. I can’t wait to hear him talk about Lebron winning, KD losing and potentially Boston losing.
5/13/2023 10:45 AM
◂ Prev 1...26|27|28|29|30...42 Next ▸
Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.