Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

if the trade gets vetoed, you're screwed...
6/10/2006 2:46 PM
Good point, I'll go with my gut instinct and let him sign for the 4.7 mil.
6/10/2006 2:49 PM
We just worked a perfect sign-and-trade in the Number One world. I had a guy going to arbitration asking for $6.1M in Arb, 5 yrs/$27 for long-term. I traded him for two pitching prospects with the "gentlemen's agreement" that I would go to arbitration with an offer of $5.1M, and the other owner would either get the player for $5.1M or $6.1M [no interest in a long-term deal].
I won the arbitration case for $5.1M and subsequently dealt the player for two prospects. Deal closed today.
If you are playing with reasonably honest, honorable owners, you can pull deals like this.
6/10/2006 3:35 PM
If i have a scrub older pitcher on my roster does it matter if I outright release him or waive him? His salary is small. $458k and no body will pick him up. Waive or release? Thanks guys.
~Rich
6/10/2006 4:06 PM
If you waive him, he'll still be on your roster; at best, once he clears waivers, you can demote him to the minors and put him on the Inactive List. The only ways to get a player under contract out of your organization are to release him or trade him.
6/10/2006 4:09 PM
Releasing him makes you responsible for his salary sans the pro-rated ML minimum. No sense in releasing him unless you're out of roster spots.
6/10/2006 5:16 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/10/2006 10:00 PM
noone really knows how ratings compare to actual on field play. I have a 79 contact 95 power 88 eye, good verse l/r playing much worse then 20 contact 80 power player. i don't understand it.
6/10/2006 10:45 PM
Does the FA market close when Spring Training begins?
6/11/2006 12:58 AM
If i decline a team option on a player, will i still get compensatory draft picks for him?
6/11/2006 1:23 AM
I have an opposite problem. One of my players has:
contact 100
power 21
y 52
Righty 15
Eye 40

Now, how can you have a contact rating of 100 and a righty rating of 15. What do you expect from this guy?
I went to arbitration rather than get into a long term deal because I didn't know what to do with him (also, he had a health of 34)
6/11/2006 1:44 AM
ttn, no. Unsigned FA will still be available. They will immediately accept/decline your offer.
tbone, no.
mase, he's slap hitter with no eye. The guy can't hit righties.
6/11/2006 7:29 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/11/2006 8:27 AM
What do you guys think is the most important categories for pitchers getting batters out. Not knowing what you guys know, I would believe it would be the effectiveness between RH batters and LH batters. I know stamina is big with starting pitchers. Any help would be appreciated.
6/11/2006 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By nickinaround on 6/11/2006
Quote: Originally posted by zlionsfan on 6/08/2006
Quote: Originally posted by marbotty on 6/08/2006... Do prospects become free agents after a certain number of years in the minors?
Thnks.[/QUOTE]Yes, a player with six seasons of minor league service who has not played in the majors becomes a minor league FA.

This is incorrect. I have a player in the minors that has seven seasons of minor league service and still is on my team and hasn't played a game in the major leagues. He didn't become a free agent.
From the Help Screens

Season - This represents the season in which the player will be a free-agent. A player cannot be a free-agent until he has played in six big league seasons or has played in 6 minor league seasons without ever having reached the big leagues (6-Year Minor League Free-Agent).
6/11/2006 10:39 AM
◂ Prev 1...26|27|28|29|30...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.