Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

I know you are asking all3, but I would have voted for Trump over Gary Johnson.
4/13/2020 11:49 AM
Posted by DougOut on 4/13/2020 10:08:00 AM (view original):
What a lovely day. We are beating the virus. Trump is President. WINNING WINNING WINNING!
I opened your post Dougie............and WHAT do I find? Complete (and quite silly!) delusion! It's why no one with priorities for time reads ANY of your posts.

WINNING?

More than 22, 000 DEATHS, more than ANY other Country. More infected people as well, and still growing exponentially.
And in this, the supposedly GREATEST Nation, most powerful, affluent Country on earth, when what we need to fight a war, YOUR self declared war time Pres. can't figure out how to make our Government work effectively enough to supply basic medical supplies on an "as urgently needed" basis, and we Don't HAVE and Can't seem to GET enough TESTS for the proper testing of the suspected citizens who are infected, which all the health experts keep telling us is the ONLY way to fight the spread of the virus.....................

And YOU try and spin/(LIE) about things to the point of ridiculous (and dangerous) self delusion.
It's why no one takes you seriously or bothers to read your posts..........despite the seeming fact that you have a decent sense of humor, now and again can even be funny. So, why do you insist on making yourself look so stupid?
Just asking.
4/13/2020 11:50 AM
Posted by tangplay on 4/13/2020 11:49:00 AM (view original):
I was. But you don't loudly proclaim to hate the "parties"---(Both major parties).

However, your proud announcement that you'd have voted for Trump over GARY Johnson just reveals your own difficulty with logic and is why some of us have BIG trouble taking your opinions very seriously.

Without ANY doubt Johnson could have steered the ship of State far better than what we now have.
His record of stewardship of the state of New Mexico is rather admirable, AND the experience of the Governance of a State (even a small one) is Far more relevant to the job is than ANYTHING Trump had ever demonstrated.

So, on what foolish notion are you claiming that You'd have voted Trump?
Major Party status?
4/13/2020 11:55 AM

Sources told Fox News Monday that the second task force, which Trump first teased last Friday and is set to be formally introduced Tuesday, will be chaired by White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows.

The task force, according to sources, will also include members of President Trump’s Cabinet, including:

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, Agriculture Secretary Sonny Purdue, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette, Labor Secretary Gene Scalia, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, and acting director of the Office of Management and Budget Russ Vought.

The task force is also expected to include acting chair of the Council of Economic Advisors Tom Philipson and White House advisers Larry Kudlow, Peter Navarro, Chris Liddell, Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump.

Princesses Jared and Ivanka?

4/13/2020 11:59 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 4/13/2020 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/13/2020 11:49:00 AM (view original):
I was. But you don't loudly proclaim to hate the "parties"---(Both major parties).

However, your proud announcement that you'd have voted for Trump over GARY Johnson just reveals your own difficulty with logic and is why some of us have BIG trouble taking your opinions very seriously.

Without ANY doubt Johnson could have steered the ship of State far better than what we now have.
His record of stewardship of the state of New Mexico is rather admirable, AND the experience of the Governance of a State (even a small one) is Far more relevant to the job is than ANYTHING Trump had ever demonstrated.

So, on what foolish notion are you claiming that You'd have voted Trump?
Major Party status?
First, you have to consider the fact that at least in terms of conventional American politics, Johnson is about as far away from me as one can be. We tend to forget the fact that Johnson said many incoherent statements during the primary, from "Aleppo" to "I can't name a world leader I admire." Johnson was also in favor of abolishing the EPA, DOE, and many other programs. I actually agree with Johnson more than I agree with Trump, but I think he would cause far more damage to the country long-term than Trump will. Namely, if Johnson's platform actually went through, it would take years to even get us back to a point where we are now, let alone work towards the types of programs that I would want in the future.

I wouldn't try to convince anyone else to agree with me though, since I concede that I am probably alone on this one.
4/13/2020 12:21 PM
Johnson ran as a Libertarian. You didn't expect him to openly reject Libertarian Party aspirations, did you?
He was a Republican when Governor of NM. I suppose I SHOULD hold that against him.
Poor judgment and all.

I'll admit to a bias FOR real outsiders, those NOT entirely beholden to the men in the shadows that hold the purse strings and run the Parties.
That makes me a tad wishful rather than practical with the decision of whom to support for leadership roles.
Thus my willingness to express support for those who have no real chance of election.

But, I'll just agree to disagree about Gary Johnson's "virtual" effects as POTUS. No one will ever know and what he espoused and what he managed to enact as POTUS are two quite different realities.

We could engage on the specifics but it would be a big waste of time.
Though I MIGHT agree with Johnson on the elimination of some "programs" I suspect you'd want to keep.
Which DOE were you referring to? education or energy?
4/13/2020 12:44 PM
Both DOE's, I think. I remember watching an interview where Johnson just randomly listed off departments that he wanted to cut, which was almost all of them. I'm uneducated on what he did as Governor of NM; maybe that would change my mind. Regardless, this topic is kind of silly.
4/13/2020 1:17 PM
Yup.
4/13/2020 1:27 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 4/13/2020 11:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 4/13/2020 9:48:00 AM (view original):
Given the two choices we had in 2016, I will NEVER believe we made a mistake. I said it then (when he was still alive) and I'll say it now: I'd vote for Castro before HRC.
Which one? And why didn't you vote for Gary Johnson instead of HRC or el Tonto Orangehead?

Did you really believe Trump was more fit for the job (and able!) than Johnson?
Come on bob, try to keep up. It says the Castro that has died since the election. Point is, we were given 2 choices (the Libertarian candidate had no chance, so why waste a vote?) and I will always believe the lesser of 2 evils won.
4/13/2020 2:45 PM
The Castros all died? I knew Raul did. And I think I heard about Fidel biting it (so to speak), but man, Julian, or was it the other one? (I has me some difficulty differentiating), I swear I just saw on the TV a week or so ago........they's all dead??

Tell ya' what though. Evil is still evil. Is why I voted for Johnson.
But you keep holdin on now, ya hear?
Reckon it's all ya got..........that faint hope you wasn't wrong................Hold on to it.
make it define you IF'n you want to. No one's a stopping ya'
Lotsa folks larnin' elsewise, but..............SOME folks never know.

Keep on keepin on defending............but NOT supporting!
LOL
4/13/2020 3:28 PM
I'll NEVER be proved right or wrong, as we'll NEVER have any idea how HRC would have fared as POTUS, or what would have been found had thousands of people scoured her background 24/7 for four years. You keep HATING.
4/13/2020 3:35 PM
Posted by all3 on 4/13/2020 3:35:00 PM (view original):
I'll NEVER be proved right or wrong, as we'll NEVER have any idea how HRC would have fared as POTUS, or what would have been found had thousands of people scoured her background 24/7 for four years. You keep HATING.
HRC, famous for not having her background investigated since Whitewater in 1992.
4/13/2020 4:00 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 4/13/2020 11:59:00 AM (view original):

Sources told Fox News Monday that the second task force, which Trump first teased last Friday and is set to be formally introduced Tuesday, will be chaired by White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows.

The task force, according to sources, will also include members of President Trump’s Cabinet, including:

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, Agriculture Secretary Sonny Purdue, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette, Labor Secretary Gene Scalia, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, and acting director of the Office of Management and Budget Russ Vought.

The task force is also expected to include acting chair of the Council of Economic Advisors Tom Philipson and White House advisers Larry Kudlow, Peter Navarro, Chris Liddell, Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump.

Princesses Jared and Ivanka?

It's absurd.
4/13/2020 4:01 PM
You’re chronically wrong you pea-brained jackass. The virus has exposed don the con as the lying piece of **** he always was. November will see him wiped away like the stain he’s been on our country. And you, thinking you’re SO right, is nothing but a hilarious ******* JOKE to nearly everyone here. Go **** yourself, then go out and shake a few hands and get this economy going again on the orders of the orange mushroom-dicked scumbag. I hope you ******* drown in your own bodily fluids you lame-*** hack. You’re PATHETIC.
4/13/2020 4:25 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 4/13/2020 4:00:00 PM (view original):
HRC, famous for not having her background investigated since Whitewater in 1992.
There was a lot more smoke surrounding HRC's past than there was surrounding Trump's during the 2016 election. That didn't stop Dems from wasting 4 years. Why do you think the Repubs would have been any different? The Dems have set such a low bar for the "minority" Party, that I honestly pity whoever our POTUS is in the future. As long as mud-slinging and making the other Party look worse than yours is the goal, instead of making this Country better, we are all scr*wed.
4/13/2020 4:31 PM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28|29...90 Next ▸
Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.