MLB: a bag of a**holes. Topic

He can't possibly be saying that.  Because that would be retarded. 
5/27/2014 8:38 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/27/2014 8:36:00 PM (view original):
Are you asserting that plate discipline is unchanged today as compared to any point in the past?

The top 15 season strikeout totals for hitters have come over the past 10 full MLB seasons.  Are you saying that's entirely due to great pitching?
Ummm...are you reading a different thread than me? Where did I say any of that. I only said that plenty of hitters with great plate discipline strike out often. It comes with the territory when you see a lot of pitches.

Watching a ball game with you must be a real treat. You seem like the kind of guy who's always ********. You ***** now that guys strike out too much. I'm sure you ******* when Bonds wasn't striking out but was crushing the ball 10-15 years ago. I bet you ******* when McGwire broke Maris' record. You probably ******* to the guys in your college dorm when Maris was chasing Ruth's record.

I feel bad for the other people in your assisted living facility that have to listen to you whine about baseball today not stacking up to the good old days.
5/27/2014 9:04 PM
FWIW, the pitches per plate appearance stat is trending up. At least since 2002, which is the earliest I could find. I think, based on that, that you could make an argument that hitters are more disciplined today than they were 8-12 years ago. But the increase is small (3.74 -> 3.84) and I couldn't find anything going back farther.
5/27/2014 9:18 PM

and walks are at a 50 year low...wonder why the pitchers per plate appearance are trending up...oh yeah, it's cause everyone and their mother k's 80 plus times a year now.

5/27/2014 9:29 PM
Are walks at an all time low? I didn't look. That makes sense.
5/27/2014 9:44 PM
Also, is 80 k's a year for a full time player considered a lot? Assuming 650 plate appearances, that's just a little over 10%.
5/27/2014 9:45 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/27/2014 9:04:00 PM (view original):
Are you asserting that plate discipline is unchanged today as compared to any point in the past?

The top 15 season strikeout totals for hitters have come over the past 10 full MLB seasons.  Are you saying that's entirely due to great pitching?
Ummm...are you reading a different thread than me? Where did I say any of that. I only said that plenty of hitters with great plate discipline strike out often. It comes with the territory when you see a lot of pitches.

Watching a ball game with you must be a real treat. You seem like the kind of guy who's always ********. You ***** now that guys strike out too much. I'm sure you ******* when Bonds wasn't striking out but was crushing the ball 10-15 years ago. I bet you ******* when McGwire broke Maris' record. You probably ******* to the guys in your college dorm when Maris was chasing Ruth's record.

I feel bad for the other people in your assisted living facility that have to listen to you whine about baseball today not stacking up to the good old days.
LOL.

Watching a game with me WOULD be a real treat for you.  You might even learn something if you ever looked up from your calculator.
5/27/2014 9:49 PM
Only 73 players had over 600 PA's last year....three teams worth.  176 had over 80 K's.
5/27/2014 9:51 PM
Posted by The Taint on 5/27/2014 9:53:00 PM (view original):
Only 73 players had over 600 PA's last year....three teams worth.  176 had over 80 K's.
I still don't think 80 is a lot of k's for a full time player. One every other game? Not too bad.
5/27/2014 9:56 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/27/2014 9:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/27/2014 9:04:00 PM (view original):

LOL.

Watching a game with me WOULD be a real treat for you.  You might even learn something if you ever looked up from your calculator.
You'd probably chase me off your lawn before I could get to a seat near the TV.
5/27/2014 9:58 PM

245 players played over 100 games last year. 10 teams worth.

5/27/2014 10:07 PM
Ok. Even a great player makes an out 60% of the time. How they make them really doesn't matter.
5/27/2014 10:25 PM
CJ Cron just struck out with Trout on third and one out.  Next batter makes the third out.  Do you think the way Cron made his out mattered? 
5/27/2014 11:00 PM
What if he had popped out? Or hit a one hopper to the pitcher? A hit is what you're hopping for. Everything else sucks.
5/27/2014 11:05 PM

A fly ball that scores the runner sucks?

5/27/2014 11:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28|29...49 Next ▸
MLB: a bag of a**holes. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.