THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Being anti-Trump isn't noble or courageous. It's the bare minimum.
1/12/2021 2:52 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/12/2021 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 1/12/2021 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 1/12/2021 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Odd take Tangy. I don't see much TV and even I thought the TV ads were quite impactful. They appealed to the middle, us Independents. You don't think they worked?
Absolutely correct. They had a powerful effect on several levels.
First as you say they did pound away at right to center independents and right to center republicans and peeled away LOTS of these voters to Biden AND down ballot candidates.
they also got stay at home above off their ***** to vote for Biden instead of staying home.

second they also helped energize lazy dem voters. their commercials were only unbelievably biting and sarcastic and thoroughly enjoyable and discussed and replayed everywhere. They were the thing.

third and underrated by doing all of the above they allowed the dem donors to spread the money around more and that was a big help in local races and some senate races.

fourth it shamed some voters into voting democratic.
it appealed to the conscience of some voters that if republicans can change we can and must all change and act.

they are the Oscar Schindlers in the fall of the trump reich.
MORE Republicans voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016. Both in proportion and number.

Did they really energize Dem voters? How many Dem voters are on politics Twitter but not politically involved? Were these ads really more effective than other ads?

Yeah the Lincoln project caused Dems to spread money around, they definitely didn't take money that could have otherwise gone to grassroots organizing or more effective (and actually left) organizations *eyeroll*.
Pal, I loved those commercials so yes I speak for myself but they also were replayed viral and constantly as news on cnn and msnbc even beyond ad air time.
they were even discussed on late night talk shows and their leaders were constantly on msnbc and were and still are stirring.

I really believe very objectively and sincerely that they were a strong contribution to the cause and they were very articulate.

it was always said that the Republican commercials went for the jugular sometimes really mean and they worked.
Now it was done for us and I enjoyed it.
1/12/2021 2:56 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/12/2021 2:52:00 PM (view original):
I really really do get your point.
I just don’t mind having fiscally conservative people who support the socially conscious side of the democratic agenda and most of them do especially race issues and pro voting..
and they put being in a pro democracy party as the ultimate agenda.

I see them on msnbc a lot and I feel different about them.
I do sincerely respect your opinion, pal.
and i really mean that.
1/12/2021 3:02 PM
Posted by dino27 on 1/12/2021 2:57:00 PM (view original):
Odd take Tangy. I don't see much TV and even I thought the TV ads were quite impactful. They appealed to the middle, us Independents. You don't think they worked?
First as you say they did pound away at right to center independents and right to center republicans and peeled away LOTS of these voters to Biden AND down ballot candidates.
they also got stay at home above off their ***** to vote for Biden instead of staying home.

second they also helped energize lazy dem voters. their commercials were only unbelievably biting and sarcastic and thoroughly enjoyable and discussed and replayed everywhere. They were the thing.

third and underrated by doing all of the above they allowed the dem donors to spread the money around more and that was a big help in local races and some senate races.

it appealed to the conscience of some voters that if republicans can change we can and must all change and act.

MORE Republicans voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016. Both in proportion and number.

Did they really energize Dem voters? How many Dem voters are on politics Twitter but not politically involved? Were these ads really more effective than other ads?

Yeah the Lincoln project caused Dems to spread money around, they definitely didn't take money that could have otherwise gone to grassroots organizing or more effective (and actually left) organizations *eyeroll*.
Pal, I loved those commercials so yes I speak for myself but they also were replayed viral and constantly as news on cnn and msnbc even beyond ad air time.
they were even discussed on late night talk shows and their leaders were constantly on msnbc and were and still are stirring.

I really believe very objectively and sincerely that they were a strong contribution to the cause and they were very articulate.

it was always said that the Republican commercials went for the jugular sometimes really mean and they worked.
And that's exactly my point. They make you feel good. They're vicious. They go viral. But what is actually accomplished?

60 million dollars down the drain.
1/12/2021 3:07 PM
Posted by dino27 on 1/12/2021 3:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/12/2021 2:52:00 PM (view original):
I really really do get your point.
I just don’t mind having fiscally conservative people who support the socially conscious side of the democratic agenda and most of them do especially race issues and pro voting..
and they put being in a pro democracy party as the ultimate agenda.

I see them on msnbc a lot and I feel different about them.
I do sincerely respect your opinion, pal.
and i really mean that.
Unfortunately, we can't even have that.

1/12/2021 3:09 PM
I agree that right now the primary goal is to retain democracy. But beyond that, we can't just go back to the same old politics that got us here. The Lincoln Project people are not my long-term allies.

And I'm serious about them doing more to help Trump than hurt him in 2020. Imagine if all of that money went to organizers instead?
1/12/2021 3:11 PM
Btw for those that have google home you can listen to msnbc anytime by saying play msnbc on tunein.
I don’t know out it works on Alexa.
you don’t have to watch it on tv.

sometimes I watch cnn but I prefer msnbc
for overall intellect and articulation and talent and creative expression and the sum of the entertainment quotient is the best.

cnn is fine I just love msnbc.
I see spin once in a while but the information is excellent and spin is not a lot.
1/12/2021 3:13 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/12/2021 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 1/12/2021 2:57:00 PM (view original):

And that's exactly my point. They make you feel good. They're vicious. They go viral. But what is actually accomplished?

60 million dollars down the drain.
We will just have to disagree that they were not effective.
1/12/2021 3:15 PM
171 hours left
impeachment vote today
it won’t be until after a safe inauguration that I start to feel like it’s starting to feel like Christmas.
1/13/2021 9:08 AM
Between today and impeachment trial expect chilling and explosive evidence of what trump knew about the intention of armed insurrection before it started based on briefings and other internet contact and social contact information and awareness.
1/13/2021 9:18 AM
Calamity Shame

at least 20,000 armed federal troops now in capitol and forced to sleep in cramped quarters and with masks because of trump and the white riot from the right.
1/13/2021 1:58 PM
Posted by DougOut on 1/13/2021 2:29:00 PM (view original):
That's more than 17,000. Flashback 2020: As thousands take to the streets for another day of protests demanding justice for George Floyd, more than 17,000 members of the National Guard are standing ready to support local law enforcement.
So what
1/13/2021 3:25 PM
And it isn’t about that was then and this is now.
it’s about that was that and this is this.
you don’t and won’t get it.
and that’s your loss.
and you don’t and won’t get that either.
1/13/2021 3:29 PM
I showed your Mom how to expand my voting.
1/13/2021 4:58 PM
PEACH

impeached again for the new world record.
this time 20 redpublicans decided to get in on the fun.
1/13/2021 5:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...23|24|25|26|27...174 Next ▸
THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.