TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 6/1/2018 12:50:00 PM (view original):
It’s so dumb to be mad at players for changing teams in free agency.
Oh sh*t BL and I are on the same page.

And its not as if the Ws are dominating. 7 games vs. Hou and Cleveland hung in there. KD made the right move.
6/1/2018 1:40 PM
Posted by tangplay on 6/1/2018 12:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/1/2018 10:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/1/2018 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/1/2018 9:45:00 AM (view original):
OK so this has been going back and forth. Let me speak on this.

Both of my kids are in middle school. They have friends from all sorts of races, genders and beliefs. One of my daughter's friends has two mothers. In their eyes everyone is the same and they truly don't see it any differently. They have two kids in their school who are transitioning, gender neutral bathrooms and busing from poorer areas.

They have no biases. Their kids will have no biases. Why? Because my wife and I don't have biases. They are taught to treat each person on their own merits. This is my opinion how it should be.

Tangplay and bad luck immediately label and I don't want my kids around these types of people so I attack them pretty harshly because to me they are the problem not the solution. Rightly or wrongly, that is my stance.
See, here’s the deal. Someone says “institutional racism is still a thing and it’s a problem,” and you take it personally.

It doesn’t have anything to do with you, you have no power. You can’t impact the problems in the justice system or employment trends.

But, regarding biases, everyone has them and they aren’t always aware of them. I doubt most hiring managers say I won’t hire that guy because he’s black. But when it comes time to make a decision and there aren’t any hard metrics to evaluate similarly qualified candidates, they go with their gut. And their gut usually points them in the direction of the person they relate best to.
That is fair and logical and I agree.
I mean, that's what I have been trying to say for about 6 months now.
There is a difference between white privilege and black disadvantage. I have been trying to tell you that for six months now.
6/1/2018 1:41 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/1/2018 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 6/1/2018 11:54:00 AM (view original):
WOW...... there is way too much agreement around here today..........time to stir in some ****..............

Warriors sweep.......... as long as the officials/NBA allow it. The NBA is ALL about how the game is called.
IF the refs allow Lebron to just bull his way to the hoop without concern for offensive fouls, he (alone) can keep the Cavs in the game.
If not, the Warriors will just play D on him (with Andre I. and others), and force James to work too hard for his points...... which weakens him on the defensive end, and then the Warriors can exploit the Cavs with ball movement. Curry and Durant and Thompson can just pick their time and place.

Now as to this GOAT BS................

That would HAVE to be Dennis Johnson.......... for years as a Seattle Supersonic, he'd go head to head with BOTH Magic and Jordan, and he (DJ) almost always totally outplayed Magic, and he played Jordan to a standstill but MJ's cast was better. Seattle had Sikma as a center and while he could score he couldn't really keep up when the pace became up and down the court.

DJ----------- G.O.A.T.

:-)
That's why it will go to six games, fool.

The refs WILL allow LeBronze to bull his way to the hoop in a couple of games to stretch the series.
New data out there stating LBJ is on PEDs. IDK. I still see him as probably best of all time and if not #1 then #2 for sure.
6/1/2018 1:42 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/1/2018 1:41:00 PM (view original):

Both of my kids are in middle school. They have friends from all sorts of races, genders and beliefs. One of my daughter's friends has two mothers. In their eyes everyone is the same and they truly don't see it any differently. They have two kids in their school who are transitioning, gender neutral bathrooms and busing from poorer areas.

They have no biases. Their kids will have no biases. Why? Because my wife and I don't have biases. They are taught to treat each person on their own merits. This is my opinion how it should be.

Tangplay and bad luck immediately label and I don't want my kids around these types of people so I attack them pretty harshly because to me they are the problem not the solution. Rightly or wrongly, that is my stance.
See, here’s the deal. Someone says “institutional racism is still a thing and it’s a problem,” and you take it personally.

It doesn’t have anything to do with you, you have no power. You can’t impact the problems in the justice system or employment trends.

But, regarding biases, everyone has them and they aren’t always aware of them. I doubt most hiring managers say I won’t hire that guy because he’s black. But when it comes time to make a decision and there aren’t any hard metrics to evaluate similarly qualified candidates, they go with their gut. And their gut usually points them in the direction of the person they relate best to.
There is a difference between white privilege and black disadvantage. I have been trying to tell you that for six months now.
I agree with that? You said that there was no difference.
6/1/2018 1:45 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/1/2018 1:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/1/2018 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 6/1/2018 11:54:00 AM (view original):
WOW...... there is way too much agreement around here today..........time to stir in some ****..............

Warriors sweep.......... as long as the officials/NBA allow it. The NBA is ALL about how the game is called.
IF the refs allow Lebron to just bull his way to the hoop without concern for offensive fouls, he (alone) can keep the Cavs in the game.
If not, the Warriors will just play D on him (with Andre I. and others), and force James to work too hard for his points...... which weakens him on the defensive end, and then the Warriors can exploit the Cavs with ball movement. Curry and Durant and Thompson can just pick their time and place.

Now as to this GOAT BS................

That would HAVE to be Dennis Johnson.......... for years as a Seattle Supersonic, he'd go head to head with BOTH Magic and Jordan, and he (DJ) almost always totally outplayed Magic, and he played Jordan to a standstill but MJ's cast was better. Seattle had Sikma as a center and while he could score he couldn't really keep up when the pace became up and down the court.

DJ----------- G.O.A.T.

:-)
That's why it will go to six games, fool.

The refs WILL allow LeBronze to bull his way to the hoop in a couple of games to stretch the series.
New data out there stating LBJ is on PEDs. IDK. I still see him as probably best of all time and if not #1 then #2 for sure.
LBJ is not on PEDs lol
6/1/2018 1:45 PM
http://www.patienthelp.org/athletes/lebron-supplements.html
6/1/2018 1:57 PM
Posted by tangplay on 6/1/2018 1:45:00 PM (view original):

I agree with that? You said that there was no difference.
Incorrect. Find that post. Liar.

Doesn't mean I believe that someone is disadvantaged just because they are black but it could play a factor such as someone who is fat or short.
6/1/2018 1:59 PM

Wait what?

It’s two sides of the same coin.
6/1/2018 2:09 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/1/2018 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Hey look, another Jewish white supremacist:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b0d9e40e4b0802d69cf0264/amp?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004&ncid=engmodushpmg00000004&__twitter_impression=true
Anti Islam does not equate to white supremacy. Sorry. Otherwise most of Israel = white supremacist.
6/1/2018 2:26 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/1/2018 2:09:00 PM (view original):

Wait what?

It’s two sides of the same coin.
No..I thought you meant companies outwardly were conspiring against black people. That is not true but I agree that certain people in those institutions may have biases. I would be naive to think otherwise.
6/1/2018 2:27 PM

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b0d9e40e4b0802d69cf0264/amp?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004&ncid=engmodushpmg00000004&__twitter_impression=true
lol, why do you keep referencing these propaganda pieces? Can't you just tell us what you believe rather than have some activist, blogger, politician, journalist, academic, etc. do your talking or thinking for you?

You're a smart guy. State your own opinion.
6/1/2018 2:30 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/1/2018 2:26:00 PM (view original):

Anti Islam does not equate to white supremacy. Sorry. Otherwise most of Israel = white supremacist.
Read the story. She is a fan of holocaust deniers and white supremacy.

EDIT:

From the story:

In 2014, she also started using neo-Nazi terms like “cultural Marxism” and borrowing propaganda from white supremacists like Kenn Gividen, who runs a racist website and at one point was the presidential candidate for the white nationalist American Freedom Party. She encouraged her readers to follow Jared Wyand, a white supremacist and anti-Semite who openly praises Adolf Hitler and denies the Holocaust happened.
6/1/2018 2:56 PM (edited)
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/1/2018 2:26:00 PM (view original):

Very strange since "white" or "caucasian" actually refers to people from Europe, North Africa, Asia Minor and the Middle East. Unless we are talking about Indonesia, Islam = white.
6/1/2018 2:36 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/1/2018 2:30:00 PM (view original):

lol, why do you keep referencing these propaganda pieces? Can't you just tell us what you believe rather than have some activist, blogger, politician, journalist, academic, etc. do your talking or thinking for you?

You're a smart guy. State your own opinion.
It’s literally a story about a crazy person. It’s not an opinion. WTF are you talking about?
6/1/2018 2:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...244|245|246|247|248...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.