Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

If you throw them more than 30 for the first two starts, you're making a mistake. Maybe 50 in the last one. And limit them to 3 starts. Rest all your starting pitchers for games 16-18.
6/8/2006 4:40 PM
does anyone know if you get reward points for winning minor league world series and such?
6/8/2006 6:39 PM
Yes, no...
6/8/2006 6:40 PM
I waived an arbitration eligible player, when I should have released him.
Is it possible to take him off waivers?

I believe i'm gonna get stuck paying for this bum!
6/8/2006 8:24 PM
Can you go over your budget?
6/8/2006 8:30 PM
I have 2 very good CF's with high ranges and speed and arm. I play in an all -4 ballpark, so good range in the outfield is vital(I think?). These CF's only know CF, will moving one of them over be a problem?
6/8/2006 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mrploppie on 6/08/2006I waived an arbitration eligible player, when I should have released him.
Is it possible to take him off waivers?

I believe i'm gonna get stuck paying for this bum
You can't take a player back from waviers until after the transaction deadline..
6/8/2006 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mrploppie on 6/08/2006Can you go over your budget
Nope
6/8/2006 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By tbone391 on 6/08/2006I have 2 very good CF's with high ranges and speed and arm. I play in an all -4 ballpark, so good range in the outfield is vital(I think?). These CF's only know CF, will moving one of them over be a problem
Nope....
6/8/2006 8:59 PM
No as in I can't?

Or no as in a CF shouldnt have a problem playing LF?
6/8/2006 9:16 PM
You CF should be fine in ...hell he might be able to play 2nd and or 3rd
6/8/2006 9:42 PM
shouldn't have a problem.
6/8/2006 9:43 PM
My roster of major league players is rather weak, especially in the pitching department. I believe I have some pretty good talent in AAA and AA.
I'd like to compete in the first season so I am thinking of moving surplus players at the ML level to acquire starting pitching for the present/future, would this be foolish so early in the season?
Would it be to my benefit to not sign my 2 free agents? I won't receive any compensation if I don't offer salary arbitration but I don't want them to accept and then get stuck with them.
I have three pretty solid players who will be in salary arbitration. If I don't want to sign them long term and they get a 1-year deal through arbitration, will they become free agents next season?
Thanks,
Eric
6/8/2006 9:50 PM
so the cycles are at 3,7, 11.. so if a league just filled that I am in.. i will be able to see my team at 11?
6/8/2006 10:18 PM
hey veterans.
Im really confused.
on our first day we did budgeting. My schedule said that ended on "6/7pm2". I dont know where I got the idea that this meant "6/8 at 3am", but I was working under that assumption and it proved to be correct as I made chanhes right up until 3am this morning.
Then free agent re-signing started. The time when we get one last shot to sign our own FAs. I looked at schedule andit says this free agent re-signing ends on "6/8pm2". so this means "6/9 at 3am", right? well i thought so. but after the whole hbd lockup early this evening whne a lot of people couldnt get on i looked at my FAs and the page said FA resigning period was over. at 7pm?
So I looked at the help pages and it seems, as best as I can tell, that pm2 means 11pm. I'm not sure where I got 3am from. But why did FA re-signing end at 7pm? and not 11pm?
I've sent a ticket, but I am not optimistic as they will probably not turn back the clock when they see the ticket tomorrow.
Can anyone help me understand this?
6/8/2006 10:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.