BIDEN: Damn Fine President Today Topic

Leave it to conservatives to hate on poor people getting a VERY small and TEMPORARY win over corporate greed. The people doing the jobs they want nothing to do with, that they’ll scream at and degrade if they accidentally get sour cream on their taco. The way these people continually think they’re better than everyone else is HILARIOUS. You all belong right inside that same chamber with Gaetz, Rudy, Sid, Marge, Lauren, Rand, Lindsay, Mitch, Hannity and Tucker.

Delusional, lying, hypocrite TRAITORS, one and all.
6/4/2021 9:17 AM
Uofa still avoiding the issue by "cleverly" just repeating the same irrelevant comment.

bob, while it's true those places have been having trouble hiring and keeping employees for years now, that was at $10-$12, not $15-$20. As I did Uofa, I welcome you to talk to someone who does the hiring for such places to get the facts. I much prefer basing my reality on what I hear from those actually living it, rather than reading something and regurgitating it, since I don't really know how it applies, as others seem intent on doing.

We don't need more immigrants, we need to stop handing people $ for sitting on their @zzes, and suddenly those jobs will be filled.
6/4/2021 11:14 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 6/4/2021 8:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 6/4/2021 8:44:00 AM (view original):
The TRUTH.???? The truth IS that places like Burger King and Taco Bell, etc have been having trouble getting and keeping employees for about 2 decades!!! It seems the modern era kids don't want to work for 12 bucks an hour. They often work long enough to get a 1st paycheck and then not show up for work anymore. Since the "low wage worker supply" has been restricted somewhat during the last 10 or 12 years there just isn't enough folks actually willing to work for low wages.

Just wait until the problem hits the lettuce fields. Ask your kid/grandkid to go pick lettuce for a season.
See how willing they be to work that hard for low wages.
Then you'll discover TRUTH!
Sounds like we should increase immigration and visas to get people who will take those jobs, hmm?
Both good points. If all3's argument is correct, immigration is the obvious solution.

I would also like to point out that COVID might still be a drag on the labor market. I bet by the end of this summer the problem largely goes away.
6/4/2021 11:38 AM
Posted by all3 on 6/4/2021 11:14:00 AM (view original):
Uofa still avoiding the issue by "cleverly" just repeating the same irrelevant comment.

bob, while it's true those places have been having trouble hiring and keeping employees for years now, that was at $10-$12, not $15-$20. As I did Uofa, I welcome you to talk to someone who does the hiring for such places to get the facts. I much prefer basing my reality on what I hear from those actually living it, rather than reading something and regurgitating it, since I don't really know how it applies, as others seem intent on doing.

We don't need more immigrants, we need to stop handing people $ for sitting on their @zzes, and suddenly those jobs will be filled.
It seems like you're working with an unproven anecdote based off a couple of hiring signs, and Uofa is working off of actual data.

Millions of people were laid off due to the pandemic or forced to stop working. What do you think, if anything, the government should have done to help these people?
6/4/2021 11:41 AM
I know for a fact (my son worked at Taco Bell for a few years) that Taco Bell around here is not paying any $15 - 20/hours. My son was making barely over minimum wage. So, he was getting like $12/hour in an area of the country where the cost of living is some of the highest inn the country. How is anyone supposed to live on that? The only reason my son was able to was because he lives at his girlfriend's mother's house and pays way below the going rate for rent. I would guess the other fast food places in the area pay about the same.
I am sure there are some people out there who would rather sit on their butts and get benefits than actually work for a living. I have no idea how many or what percentage. All I can say is based on the people I know, most of them would rather work than take benefits. Very small sample size, I know.
6/4/2021 11:59 AM
Yeah, idk if all3 realizes this, but one does not exactly live large while on federal benefits.

He does have a fair point about our welfare system generally, which absolutely has the effect currently of discouraging work in some areas. The solution to that problem is not to completely stop handing out welfare.
6/4/2021 12:24 PM
there is a fair chance trump would still be president if it weren't for covid

he kinda got screwed over by the pandemic

did The Laird seed Trump's field with salt?

who knows

but like Colossians 1:3 4 5 and 6 say

be thankful

for mysterious are the ways
6/4/2021 10:22 PM
Wylie, you say your son WAS making $12/hour? When was that? As I said, it was that around here just a year or two ago, but not any more.
What's changed? "Free" Covid money. Relaxed unemployment rules.
6/4/2021 11:48 PM
Posted by all3 on 6/4/2021 11:48:00 PM (view original):
Wylie, you say your son WAS making $12/hour? When was that? As I said, it was that around here just a year or two ago, but not any more.
What's changed? "Free" Covid money. Relaxed unemployment rules.
maybe 2 years ago. Now he has 2 jobs and he got more covid money than I did.
6/5/2021 9:55 PM
So that agrees 100% with what I was saying.
Apreciate the honesty.
6/5/2021 10:05 PM
Biden cannot even answer a simple question. US is in danger with this guy at the helm. The goal of the Demoncraps is to destroy the good life in America.. in 5 months they have proven this.. right on track. Soon we shall all be dictated to by one Global government.. and you will have nothing.. not even your property
6/6/2021 8:43 AM
MORON!! Do you have any idea how long the right wing goofballs have been claiming that??
You are completely LOST. A lunatic, compelled by lunacy to believe in every crackpot conspiracy there is.

No one, I repeat, NO ONE is coming for my personal arsenal (I don't have AK 47's rocket launchers, etc), nor are they going to take my "property".
Stop watching old Star Trek shows. There is NO global government on the horizon within our lifetimes, at LEAST!!

I'd tell you to try and read some good History books but I really doubt you'd be able to learn anything from them.
I'd bet you'd conclude Custer was a brave hero, instead of the arrogant and foolish commander (reckless, disdainful, undisciplined, etc) that He was. A man who ignorantly led his entire command into easily discerned disaster. And cost therm all their lives. The point of reading about Custer is to learn why he was so foolish, but many don't even get that point. Custer was selfish and addicted to fame and promotion and power. Much like Trump.

But braver of course.
6/6/2021 9:05 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 6/6/2021 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Biden cannot even answer a simple question. US is in danger with this guy at the helm. The goal of the Demoncraps is to destroy the good life in America.. in 5 months they have proven this.. right on track. Soon we shall all be dictated to by one Global government.. and you will have nothing.. not even your property
Oh **** Demoncraps!?! Wow well my mind is changed, that’s some amazing wordplay, sir. Demoncraps, wow.
6/6/2021 9:13 AM
Yeah, only the names Libs/Repubs make-up and beat to death are "funny".
6/6/2021 11:00 AM
Posted by all3 on 6/6/2021 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, only the names Libs/Repubs make-up and beat to death are "funny".
1) I’ve never said anything like repuglicans or something so you’re barking up the wrong tree.
2) way to come to his defense. Per usual.
6/6/2021 11:34 AM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23...139 Next ▸
BIDEN: Damn Fine President Today Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.