Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

I can't remember.. and we had some issues in Aaron with trades not going through... but is there time to trade an Arb eligible player before the Arb day comes round...
And if you do make a deal for a Arb player.. what happens on Arb day if the deal hasn't completed... if the current owner Arb's him, will the new owner be stuck with what ever salary is decided or will the trade collapse...
Cheers
6/8/2006 7:49 AM
trades get nullified if the player involved gets promoted, released, just about anything really, so I'm sure it'll get nullified if the player goes through arbitration.
6/8/2006 8:14 AM
I'm unsure. But one owner claimed a WW player going thru arb. He was stuck with the huge contract w/o being able to negotiate.
6/8/2006 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By Save_Mr_X on 6/08/2006
Quote: Originally Posted By jmbreslin on 6/01/2006

Don't get caught up in bidding wars for players or coaches because you'll end up overpaying big time. Some of the contracts signed at the beginning of the season were completely ridiculous.
they were ridiculous at the time but did it pan out...or did the rest of the team suffer too much from the lack of money to spread around..
Signing $80 or $100 million contracts for 1 player will cause a team to suffer in some way at some point in time.
6/8/2006 9:20 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/8/2006 9:34 AM
5 years? Ugh.
6/8/2006 9:45 AM
he did lose his first game last night.
6/8/2006 9:47 AM
If a player is RELEASED, rather than WAIVED, does he still appear in the Free Agents list, or on the Waiver Wire, or somewhere else that I don't know about.
6/8/2006 10:02 AM
Question re Options : It seems to me that it doesn't make any difference when during the season you add a player to the 40 roster; the season you are in counts 1 ( whether it was at the beginning or the end of that season ) , and then you have two more full seasons before he runs out of options. Right ? You trailblazers in Aaron and Ruth are being incredibly generous with your time and we appreciate it.
6/8/2006 10:21 AM
teg, Yes. One day starts the three year clock.
tmct, I think there's a bug. He should appear as a FA. I've got one that doesn't. Or maybe everyone else can see him but I can't because I can't sign him. The May 1st rule that applied to Clemens this year.
6/8/2006 10:28 AM
2 questions:
#1 does it matter if I offer my free agent an offer since he is going to field other offers too? Meaning, only I can negotiate with him now but he said he will test the market. Should I offer him anyway? any thoughts?
#2 When coach hirings begin will I be able to hire one of my minor league coaches to the big leagues without bidding? I like a couple of them and their ratings and just wanted to know if that was an option?
6/8/2006 11:32 AM
1) You can make an offer to your FA as many times as you want at the moment... if he doesn't accept them and goes to test the market.. he can't them come back and take one of your previous offers.... you would need to make offers with every other team once you get to that stage...
2) You can only hire coaches through the coah hiring process... you have to bid with everyone else... they do have loyalty ratings but I'm not sure what if any difference they make...
6/8/2006 11:36 AM
1) might as well, but if he's rated 75+ overall, i believe he'll test the market no matter what you offer.

2) if their loyalty ratings are high, they may sign with you at a lesser rate. hopefully they'll let you know in their correspondence once the process gets started, but i don't think you can negotiate in advance.
6/8/2006 11:36 AM
hey rob, aren't you busy taunting safeco owners in the simleague thread?
6/8/2006 11:37 AM
You know me, Schedule... I'm like the Police... never there when you need them, always there when you don't...
6/8/2006 11:47 AM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.