Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Fantastic stuff Rob & Ben. Thanks for taking the time and very much so looking forward to the next!
5/6/2023 12:00 AM
Very well done - great job!!!
5/6/2023 12:09 AM
Posted by robusk on 5/5/2023 10:17:00 PM (view original):
First ever Savage video evals, episode one

Some notes:
- Like any other evals, just because these are a video doesn't make them more personal, they are just an opinion. I could be just as wrong as you are right. Nothing is meant as an attack on anyone.

- I don't know anything about editing videos. This is my first time. There are clearly tons of chops in the cuts. I didn't really try and make it smooth, who knows how long that would have taken. Probably reshoots and such. We did all the conversation in one take. I just took out all the long pauses, filler words, Ben saying extremely inappropriate things, etc. It hopefully made the conversation smooth even if the video is a little choppy.

- I clearly had the camera in the wrong position and will correct that in future videos.

- I had a script for hearing impaired folks but the auto transcribe is really ****** so if anyone here is hearing impaired please let me know and I can make it more accessible through some other means.

- I have no idea if I violated any copyright laws. I know nothing about videos. The video is unlisted. Please do not share the link. I will probably take it down in the not too distant future.

- Since I am a peon they only let me upload in SD, not HD so sorry for the poor video quality; not my fault.

- If anyone has a burning desire to be on a future episode, shoot me a private message.
Loved it. Thanks guys.
5/6/2023 12:59 AM
I thought it was insane and it was butt.
5/6/2023 1:53 AM
Thanks to Rob and Ben. So helpful to hear how veteran WIS players think...that said, I had two of my players mentioned, and Rob said they both sucked. "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."
5/6/2023 8:24 AM
Posted by berkelon on 5/6/2023 8:24:00 AM (view original):
Thanks to Rob and Ben. So helpful to hear how veteran WIS players think...that said, I had two of my players mentioned, and Rob said they both sucked. "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."
I think Mookie is a good pick in the 7th when the context is “I need a Billups backup/pairing”
5/6/2023 10:03 AM
Gilmore just sucks in the first. He’s great where you got him.
5/6/2023 10:46 AM
I stand by Claxton/SGA being great values in the 7th/8th and want to go on the record with it. I think they’ll prove themselves.

The comps for their 22-23 seasons are all 1st/2nd round guys. I know they don’t give me 5 seasons of that, but 1+ season of that level of production in the late rounds is something I’ll take every time.

Also, Penny has the success to back up his draft spot. Off the top of my head, he’s been on two crown teams, including my own. And I think was drafted higher than this by both of them. I like him a lot.
5/6/2023 11:01 AM
Awesome job. Agreed that it’s just nice to hear you two talk a bit on what you do and don’t like. This is what I got from my team. Robusk loves Moncrief, Ben can’t tell the difference between all the round 5 SFs including outlaw and there was a short debate on whether Westbrook is good, answers were inconclusive. Always really appreciated evals but a thank you for going above and beyond can’t wait for the rest of the videos.
5/6/2023 11:01 AM
Posted by dBKC on 5/6/2023 11:01:00 AM (view original):
I stand by Claxton/SGA being great values in the 7th/8th and want to go on the record with it. I think they’ll prove themselves.

The comps for their 22-23 seasons are all 1st/2nd round guys. I know they don’t give me 5 seasons of that, but 1+ season of that level of production in the late rounds is something I’ll take every time.

Also, Penny has the success to back up his draft spot. Off the top of my head, he’s been on two crown teams, including my own. And I think was drafted higher than this by both of them. I like him a lot.
I actually think we both thought SGA was good value where you got him. I think the point with SGA was that he has more than one season which differentiates him from the other guys we mentioned.

Consensus agrees with you on Penny, Ben and I are in the minority there. Claxton tbd but I didn’t see it. Certainly could be wrong. I’m wrong about stuff all the time.
5/6/2023 11:15 AM (edited)
Posted by robusk on 5/6/2023 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Gilmore just sucks in the first. He’s great where you got him.
I regretted the pick after I realized a few rounds later that there were so many bigs available, and wish I'd taken Dame.
5/6/2023 11:46 AM
Good job on the video robusk and benhoidal!
5/6/2023 12:35 PM
Posted by robusk on 5/6/2023 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dBKC on 5/6/2023 11:01:00 AM (view original):

I actually think we both thought SGA was good value where you got him. I think the point with SGA was that he has more than one season which differentiates him from the other guys we mentioned.

Consensus agrees with you on Penny, Ben and I are in the minority there. Claxton tbd but I didn’t see it. Certainly could be wrong. I’m wrong about stuff all the time.
I wasn’t criticizing your video, I thought you did a great job and it’s good hearing your guys opinions, especially so unfiltered. I just more wanted that opinion on the record. I think both players are going to be studs in this format.
5/6/2023 1:18 PM
Great job Rob and Ben. Yeah immediately regretted the Simmons pick. 9 hours away from the draft and rushing to soccer practice generated that pick. Wish I would have went Mourning, though I would have taken Simmons in the 4th had he been there.
5/6/2023 5:52 PM
Rob...I didn't mute you for the hate of my Ben Wallace pick...lol. Still listening; this is fun as a basketball nerd.
5/6/2023 7:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20...42 Next ▸
Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.