TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by all3 on 5/18/2018 10:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/18/2018 9:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/18/2018 9:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/18/2018 8:58:00 AM (view original):
I'm glad I don't go through life so lacking in self awareness.

Ever have anyone call the cops on you because you were sitting in a park barbecuing?

Or sitting in a Starbucks minding your own business?

Or coming out of the AirBnB you rented?

Or because you were golfing slower than the people behind you?

Or you were sitting in the common room of your dorm at your Ivy league college?

That's just **** that's happened in the last 2 months...that we know about.
You're as naive as Mr. Kansas if you think none of those things ever happen to whites. We don't hear about it because it doesn't sell or elicits clicks.
Today's Media reports whatever they think will make money; many not giving a d*mn about facts or truth.
Growing up where I grew up, I've seen it first hand...many times. I grew up with a police chief father, 2 Washington State Trooper cousins, 3 CHIP's brother-in-laws, and 2 Oakland cops as close friends. Been around cops all my life. You're the naive one here.
Just because you're from a family of racists, whose coworkers are also racist, doesn't mean that's the way it is everywhere. Racists tend to stick together. True, I don't have any police in the family, but I have 4 childhood friends who have been (or were before retiring) policemen for at least 25 years. People like your family members are the racist garbage they like(d) to beat the crap out of when they had the chance. Maybe I'm just lucky to have such friends, or you're just unlucky to have such family, but either way, don't try to act like just because it's one way one place it's like that everywhere, because it surely isn't.
LOL.

It goes way beyond my family. My dad quit as Police Chief of a small California town force because of the culture. There was nothing he could do to change it.

How can you surely say it isn't when you've only experienced one thing? Statistics say you are wrong and I am right. It's pretty cut and dry and obvious to anyone who doesn't turn a blind eye.
5/18/2018 12:45 PM

Black men who commit the same crimes as white men receive federal prison sentences that are, on average, nearly 20 percent longer, according to a new report on sentencing disparities from the United States Sentencing Commission (USSC).

These disparities were observed “after controlling for a wide variety of sentencing factors,” including age, education, citizenship, weapon possession and prior criminal history.

The black/white sentencing disparities have been increasing in recent years, the report found, particularly following the Supreme Court's decision in United States v. Booker in 2005. Booker gave federal judges significantly more discretion on sentencing by making it easier to impose harsher or more lenient sentences than the USSC's sentencing guidelines called for.

Before that decision, federal judges were generally required to abide by those sentencing guidelines.

According to the Sentencing Commission's report, the black/white sentencing disparities are being driven in large part by “non-government sponsored departures and variances” — in plain English, sentencing choices made by judges at their own discretion.

Judges are less likely to voluntarily revise sentences downward for black offenders than for white ones, in other words. And even when judges do reduce black offenders' sentences, they do so by smaller amounts than for white offenders.

That finding suggests that giving judges more discretion in sentencing, as the Booker decision did in 2005, allows more racial bias to seep into the process. But Marc Mauer, executive director of the Sentencing Project, a group working to reduce bias in the criminal justice system, says there's more to it than that. He says that decisions by federal prosecutors — whether to seek a charge carrying a mandatory minimum sentence, for instance — are also driving the disparities.

“What we see is that the charging decisions of prosecutors are key,” he said via email. “Whether done consciously or not, prosecutors are more likely to charge African Americans with such charges than whites.”

A 2014 University of Michigan Law School study, for instance, found that all other factors being equal, black offenders were 75 percent more likely to face a charge carrying a mandatory minimum sentence than a white offender who committed the same crime.

“It's possible that if a prosecutor now recognizes that a judge is not constrained by the [pre-Booker] guidelines,” Mauer said, “he or she may charge a case as a mandatory sentence to ensure that a certain amount of prison time is imposed, with no possible override by the judge.”

The United States currently houses the world's largest prison population, with an incarceration rate of roughly 666 inmates per 100,000 people. Among whites, the rate is 450 inmates per 100,000 people. The incarceration rate for blacks is over five times higher, at 2,306 inmates per 100,000 people.

The USSC report indicates that sentencing decisions are a big driver of those numbers. And according to the University of Michigan study, at the federal level alone simply eliminating the sentencing disparity would reduce the number of black men in federal prisons by about 9 percent and save taxpayers at least $230 million a year.

5/18/2018 12:51 PM

All Marvin Anderson ever wanted to be was a firefighter. Instead, at 18 years old, he was wrongfully convicted of rape, sodomy, abduction and robbery.

When a Virginia judge sentenced him to 210 years in prison, "My whole body went numb," Anderson told CNN. "I knew I was going to prison for something I didn't do."
It took 15 years behind bars and five years on parole before Anderson was exonerated for his crimes -- the result of DNA testing.
"I trusted in the justice system and it failed me," he said.
Anderson is just one of hundreds of black men who have been convicted of and exonerated for crimes they didn't commit. A new report from the National Registry of Exonerations, a joint project between the University of California, Irvine; University of Michigan Law School and Michigan State University College of Law, shows that black people are more likely to be wrongfully convicted than white people and are also likely to spend longer in prison before being exonerated for their crimes.
While black people represent 13% of the US population, they represent a whopping 47% of the 1,900 exonerations in the registry.

"In some cases, you see some type of explicit racism," said Samuel Gross, a law professor at University of Michigan and a senior editor of the report. Implicit racism is also a factor, Gross said.
Researchers focused on three types of crimes where black people were more likely than whites to be exonerated: murder, sexual assault and drug crimes. While they acknowledged that the causes of each exoneration "differ sharply from one type of crime to another," they also said they found patterns of racial discrimination in all three groups.
According to the researchers, innocent blacks are seven times more likely to be convicted of murder than innocent white people. Gross said this was partly because homicide rates among black people are higher than among white people, and innocent black people are therefore more likely to get suspected and convicted of murder. (According to data from the FBI, 52% of murder victims in 2014 were black and 46% were white, and 53% of offenders were black compared to 45% who were white).
5/18/2018 12:52 PM

In New York City, marijuana and other drug-related arrests significantly decreased in 2016, but young African-American men and Hispanics are still arrested at much higher rates than their white counterparts, according to a report by the Misdemeanor Justice Project at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

Examining data from the New York City Police Department from 1993 to 2016, including all misdemeanor offenses for 16 to 65 year olds, researchers found that blacks are almost five times more likely to be arrested for minor drug charges such as possession of marijuana than whites.

Although the City has taken a proactive approach to reducing jail sentences, with plans to close Rikers Island, the second largest prison complex in the country, questions remain about the impact the new approaches will have on men and women of color.

Young men of color experienced the most dramatic increases and decreases for misdemeanor crimes such as marijuana charges, theft of service charges, trespassing charges, resisting arrest charges, and weapons charges, the study found.

Males are also nine times more likely to be arrested than females for marijuana charges.

Currently, New York City has the lowest crime rates and jail admission rates in decades, researchers stated.

While marijuana and other drug arrests have decreased in recent years, the number of arrests for charges more likely to be ‘complaint driven’, such as person and victim related property charges, have increased among both black and white populations.

Since 1993, there has been a 53 percent increase in “complaint-driven” charges for whites and a 72 percent increase for blacks.

The study called the increase “striking” and suggested that, possibly, there is a greater willingness by community members to call the police.

Also noteworthy: Prostitution charges among men have significantly increased.

In 1993, women were 80 percent more likely to be arrested for prostitution than men, but in 2016, the numbers were about equal.

The study did not give an explanation for the dramatic increase of prostitution arrests among men.

Overall, New York is making strides to reduce criminal sentences for non-felony offenses, such as implementing the Criminal Justice Reform Act in July 2017, which creates the presumption that some behaviors such as public drinking, public urination, littering and noise and park violations will result in a civil rather than criminal summons.

Other avenues for reducing jail and prison time include speeding up case processing, facilitating easier bail payments, the creation of a new pretrial risk assessment instrument, and the diversion of people with mental illnesses, the study said.

The Misdemeanor Justice Project is headed by Preeti Chauhan, Ph.D., an Associate Professor in Psychology at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and the Graduate Center, City University of New York.

5/18/2018 12:55 PM
Not sure how many times I need to say this but I am not fighting stats or stories that are produced by the biased liberal media. I mean maybe I need to put this post in flashing lights.
5/18/2018 1:11 PM
5/18/2018 1:12 PM
The report from above was from the United States Sentencing Committee also, not the "biased main-stream liberal media juggernaut".
5/18/2018 1:15 PM
Males more likely to be arrested than females. Our justice system is sexist in your view, eh?

We will never agree on this, Giraffe. Never.
5/18/2018 1:27 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 12:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/18/2018 12:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/18/2018 11:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 11:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/18/2018 10:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 10:39:00 AM (view original):
Case by case basis. I would wager that you are an idiot. You said yourself that Obama won because he was the best candidate. Did you not? Dummy. He got 69mil votes. Which proves my theory that the vast majority of the country is not racist. You are dumb.
Duh. Most people are not racist, but some are. The racists voted against Obama. Plenty of people voted against him because they were nervous about him because of his race. The proof is in the pudding. Trump isn't just repealing Obama's policies because he thinks Obama is bad. He is doing it because a sizable part of his base feels that Obama is an uppity n*****.
100% subjective with no proof. You are a moron. Under BHO our military received the lowest $$ since WWII. We had ships in port that could not get fuel. If Obama were white Trump would be doing the same thing. You stupid Leftist want to make everything about race because you, yourself are racist. You refuse to see people as individuals. You are all about labels. I am so glad I exposed you. As I said I tell my kids to stay as far away from people like you as possible. You are poison.
Really? Trump would have said Obama was born in Kenya if Obama was white?
Cruz is white and Trump said he was born in Canada and should not run. He is an equal opportunity attacker.

The allegation about Obama’s birthplace tracks back to the bruising 2008 Democratic primary between Obama and Clinton. According to a Telegraph article, as early as April 2008, a Clinton supporter passed around an email that questioned where Obama was born.
Those two situations are completely different. A majority of Americans believed Trump that Obama was born in Africa.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/sep/16/donald-trump/fact-checking-donald-trumps-claim-hillary-clinton-/
What? He was only repeating the theory that HRC threw out there. LOL.

You want politics to be clean?
Did you read the fact check? That was a big, fat, Trumpy lie.
5/18/2018 1:59 PM
I read another fact check that said it was not. Funny how that is. And I recall myself HRC sharing the pic of BHO in Muslim attire during that election and questioning his birth place. 2008 was only 10 years ago. I don't need websites to remind me of this. You seriously are a freaking buffoon.
5/18/2018 2:01 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 11:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/18/2018 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 11:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/18/2018 10:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 10:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/18/2018 10:20:00 AM (view original):
You said that we live in a post-racial society.
I did? Find where. Keep lying.
Saying that institutional racism does not exist and that we currently take things on a case by case basis is saying that we live in a post-racial society.
In your deranged mind. You are insane.
No, in the dictionary.
What dictionary? The Leftist Guide to the English Language? LMAO.

post-ra·cial
adjective
  1. denoting or relating to a period or society in which racial prejudice and discrimination no longer exist.
I never said it no longer exists you idiot. I said there is no such thing as institutional racism. Of course there is still racism and discrimination from terrible A HOLES like you who claim that African Americans are inferior.

.... That's basically the same thing.

African Americans are not inferior.
5/18/2018 2:05 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Not sure how many times I need to say this but I am not fighting stats or stories that are produced by the biased liberal media. I mean maybe I need to put this post in flashing lights.
STATS AFFECT PEOPLE.
5/18/2018 2:06 PM
the truth

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/sep/25/obama-muslim-myth-clinton-connection/
5/18/2018 2:06 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 2:01:00 PM (view original):
I read another fact check that said it was not. Funny how that is. And I recall myself HRC sharing the pic of BHO in Muslim attire during that election and questioning his birth place. 2008 was only 10 years ago. I don't need websites to remind me of this. You seriously are a freaking buffoon.
Hahhaahah what fact check was that? Breitbart? Politifact is pretty unbiased.

I do not recall that. Funny how that is.

It also doesn't even matter who started the rumor.
5/18/2018 2:07 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/18/2018 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 11:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/18/2018 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 11:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/18/2018 10:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/18/2018 10:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/18/2018 10:20:00 AM (view original):
You said that we live in a post-racial society.
I did? Find where. Keep lying.
Saying that institutional racism does not exist and that we currently take things on a case by case basis is saying that we live in a post-racial society.
In your deranged mind. You are insane.
No, in the dictionary.
What dictionary? The Leftist Guide to the English Language? LMAO.

post-ra·cial
adjective
  1. denoting or relating to a period or society in which racial prejudice and discrimination no longer exist.
I never said it no longer exists you idiot. I said there is no such thing as institutional racism. Of course there is still racism and discrimination from terrible A HOLES like you who claim that African Americans are inferior.

.... That's basically the same thing.

African Americans are not inferior.
You are a lost cause and dumb
5/18/2018 3:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...174|175|176|177|178...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.