Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By zlionsfan on 6/07/2006
Quote: Originally posted by MikeT23 on 6/07/2006 I'm pretty sure it's both. It's definitely the clock starting. Delmon Young threw a hissy last year when Tampa didn't call him up. He made reference to the 6 year minimum
From what I can find, in RL, a September callup:

-- does have to be added to the 40-man roster (only players on the 40-man roster can play in the majors, so on September 1, the entire 40-man roster can be active);
-- does not have his salary raised to MLB minimum;
-- does have that season counted toward his limit of three for option purposes

Thank you for the info
6/7/2006 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 6/07/2006
Quote: Originally Posted By leecounty on 6/07/2006

I have 4 players on my AAA roster up for arbritration and out of options do they have to go to ML roster or can I keep them on my AAA roster and only worry about waivers once I bring them up?

I'm pretty sure out of option players will have to be put on your ML roster.

i would ghave to agree with mike
6/7/2006 1:52 PM
I'm not sure about that. What would make them different than old free agents you can sign to a minor-league contract?
6/7/2006 1:54 PM
this may have been asked and answered already, but if you waive a player and he is claimed can you pull the player back like in MLB?
6/7/2006 1:54 PM
not before the roster deadline. it's actually explained when you're about to waive someone, too, so "try" it out (just don't hit the wrong button).
6/7/2006 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By zlionsfan on 6/07/2006I'm not sure about that. What would make them different than old free agents you can sign to a minor-league contract

They have been on your 40 man roster and/or ML team. I'm not 100% positive but OOO guys have to clear waivers before you send them down. Seems like they'd apply. Of course, if they're on the AAA roster, they were sent down "last" season.
6/7/2006 2:10 PM
Thanks to everyone for posting to this thread. It has been a wonderful read.
If someone could explain how the prospect payroll works, I would be greatly appreciative. It seems that these funds are separate from the $185M starting amount, yes? Can these dollars be spent on A ballers, or only draftees?
Also, if cash can be sent along with players, would this cash allow your $185M payroll to go up? For example, if I want to stash away $40M, and then I get offered $4M in cash with a prospect for a player...does my checkbook go to $189M if I accept the deal (thus increasing my stashed funds to $44M)?
Much respect,
JRNY
6/7/2006 2:36 PM
the prospect payroll is exclusively for BONUSES for your draftees. their salaries (most often 8k, but apparently more for some high-profile guys... i had some in my system at 350k) must come from your player payroll budget.

if you trade for cash, your player payroll budget goes up by that amount, and the $185 isn't a hard cap. in other words, you're right... except you might as well use the "stash," because it doesn't roll over to the next season.
6/7/2006 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By zlionsfan on 6/07/2006I'm not sure about that. What would make them different than old free agents you can sign to a minor-league contract

old free agents that i signed to minor league contracts were all released players that had not been signed during the frre agent signing period.
6/7/2006 2:50 PM
another quick question (thanks, again, guys):
for your spring training squads, about what percentage of your invitees were from each level (AAA, AA, etc)? what would you have done differently? or does it all depend on the organization?
6/7/2006 3:23 PM
I'm trying to set my budget, and was stuck with nearly $80 million in contracts, plus I have 8 or 9 guys who are arbitration eligible in addition to this. Can I simply release some of these arbitration eligible guys who are good but I can't afford to sign?
6/7/2006 3:38 PM
I wouldn't have done anything differently.
I invited about 18-20 of my top position players. And distributed the playing time equally.
I filled the rest of the spots with pitchers. Don't overuse pitchers. I cannot stress that enough.
6/7/2006 3:39 PM
Release them if you don't want them. Seems like you'd find a better way to go if they are good.
6/7/2006 3:42 PM
I would suggest using varied player types so you can get a feel for what each can/will do. But keep in mind that they're not facing ML pitching.
6/7/2006 3:43 PM
Use the 160 innings, 600 AB to learn.
6/7/2006 3:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.