Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

1. First year.
2. No penalty. Dump him free of charge.
6/7/2006 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By Weena on 6/07/2006
Designating a player for assignment = you want to immediately clear a roster spot - he is still your player (unless claimed) and once he clears waivers you can put him in the minor leagues
Straight to the Waiver Wire = you don't want him back - he becomes a free agent if not claimed. (note: this should only be used for really bad players)
Actually, Weena, this isn't right - if you waive a player and nobody claims him, he's still yours and you can send him to the minors. The only way you automatically lose a player is by releasing him, in which case you still have to pay his salary. The differrence between designating for assignment and waiving is that designating frees up the roster spot while the player is on waivers.
6/7/2006 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By scoobybud on 6/06/2006Knowing what you know now, would you leave your budget like it is with 10 million in every catagory or what and which and how much would you change

I would put more money in Advanced scouting (13 or 14 millions), more on medivcal and training(12 millions each). I had $12 millions on coaching . Next time i'll put $14 millions

Depending on where you will draft, you may have to increase or decrease your prospect budget. In the new world i entered, i will draft 28 Th , so i will budget only $6 millions for prospects. If i had the 1st choice , i would budget more
6/7/2006 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By mikeblid on 6/06/2006check your minor leagues to see if you have any good players to bring up or trade. My original team's salary was only about 40 mil. I'm up to 78 mil w/ trades and fa's. I'm 15-3 right now, so it can be done

Must be the right way to do as mike is involved in at least half of the trades in the world
6/7/2006 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By Mark17Grace on 6/06/2006
just from reading through the threads and taking advice, it seems that if you are going to make a big splash into the FA pool, it wouldn't make that much sense to max out your HS and College recruiting. I say this because you lose draft picks for signing the big time FA's. That money might be better spent on payroll or International scouting. Just a thought.

I would have to agree with you. But there is not that many top fre agents to choose from. The really good ones will get signed back by their teams. Prepare to have deep pockets for the remaining top free agents as one of them went for $20 millions a year in Ruth's world
6/7/2006 10:02 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/7/2006 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weena on 6/07/2006Designating a player for assignment = you want to immediately clear a roster spot - he is still your player (unless claimed) and once he clears waivers you can put him in the minor leagues
Straight to the Waiver Wire = you don't want him back - he becomes a free agent if not claimed. (note: this should only be used for really bad players)
This is how the help manual distinguishes between them. You can designate someone for assignment without waiving him, although it would probably only be helpful if you knew you were going to trade him.

Designate - Remove a player from the big league team and 40-man roster while keeping him in the organization for at least 10 days (Hardball cycles). Only a player out of options would be designated for assignment. During this time, the franchise can trade the player, release him, or pass him thru waivers so that he may be demoted.

Waive - Attempt to have the player clear waivers for future decisions (demotion or trade). In order to demote a player out of options, he must clear waivers. In order to trade a player after the trade deadline, he must clear waivers. Prior to the trade deadline, a player that is claimed cannot be pulled back. After the trade deadline, he may be pulled back.
6/7/2006 10:24 AM
Thanks for all the help everyone...
Another stupid question:
do the PROJECTED ratings project what the player will be like after one season, or at his peak?
6/7/2006 10:29 AM
Peak.
6/7/2006 10:31 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/7/2006 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By mikeblid on 6/07/2006
Quote: Originally posted by tooly_mctool on 6/07/2006 <DIV>Thanks for all the help everyone...
<DIV>
<DIV stupid question
<DIV
<DIV the PROJECTED ratings project what the player will be like after one season, or at his peak

Quote: Originally posted by MikeT23 on 6/07/2006 <DI

Player's presumably peak at 27

Damn...my farm system isn't nearly as good as I originally thought.
6/7/2006 10:45 AM
i know it's been touched on before, but can someone please explain when and why you would add someone or take someone off your 40-man roster. or when to promote to or demote from the major league level
6/7/2006 10:47 AM
6/7/2006 10:53 AM
thanks
someone, earlier, said something about a "clock" starting to run as soon as someone is put on the 40-man roster. what, exactly, does that mean?
6/7/2006 10:56 AM
after a player has 3 seasons of MLB experience, he's arbitration-eligible (and will be more expensive!). delaying that time helps with long-term budgeting.
6/7/2006 11:00 AM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.