Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By jmbreslin on 6/06/2006
61 is not decent for a starter unless you put him on a really tight PC (which can result in your bullpen being overworked). My advice is find another guy with similar stamina and use them in a tandem starter role.
Those durability numbers are actually pretty brutal. My ace is something like 83/30 stamina/durability and I've had to keep him on a pretty tight PC ina 4-man rotation. With those durability ratings you're going to really have to tighten up pitch counts (which overworks your bullpen) and/or use at least a 5-man rotation.

My rotation is a 5-man rotation because of that.
6/6/2006 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By EasyE7273 on 6/06/2006
Are most of you only managing the big club or do you have a hands on approach and handle every team in the organization?
I've read a bunch about pitching fatigue, etc. Will using a pitchers park lessen the effects assuming you have speedy outfielders to run down balls?

i pretty much leave the minors to the AI. Once in a while, i will check to see if i agree on how the AI coach does his job. If i find him lacking, i will take over
6/6/2006 4:25 PM
i manage my AAA and AA, (all my best prospects are in AA) and only check the other levels to make sure Simmy isn't running my pitchers into the ground (which he has been doing).
6/6/2006 4:26 PM
I am thinking to put my best prospect to AA because the AA park ressemble my ML park ( Olympic stadium) . My AAA park has Coors like stats. But i fear that my prospect will not develop to their full potential playing in a weaker league. Any toughts?
6/6/2006 4:33 PM
as i mentioned somewhere, i have all my best prospects in AA for this reason. they are obliterating the competition, (18-2) and putting up some sick numbers, so I will most likely move the best of them up to AAA soon.
6/6/2006 4:37 PM
as a team, my AA guys are hitting .365, and averaging 10.7 runs per game,
6/6/2006 4:43 PM
3 questions from me -
1. Player's on the DL and I'm trying to replace him with a AAA guy that dosn't have any options ......will I be able to put him back in AAA without going through the waive wire since he's replacing a player on the DL?
2. Is there a rule exception with the "players options" when calling up a player to replace another player on DL?
3. How often player ratings change? is it once per season at a specific time? or do they change during the season?
6/6/2006 6:08 PM
Knowing what you know now, would you leave your budget like it is with 10 million in every catagory or what and which and how much would you change?
6/6/2006 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By radek on 6/06/2006
3 questions from me -
1. Player's on the DL and I'm trying to replace him with a AAA guy that dosn't have any options ......will I be able to put him back in AAA without going through the waive wire since he's replacing a player on the DL?
2. Is there a rule exception with the "players options" when calling up a player to replace another player on DL?
3. How often player ratings change? is it once per season at a specific time? or do they change during the season?
1. NO. This is a dicey one, because you'll run into it, guaranteed. You'll need to put a lesser player with options on the 40-man roster to bring him to the majors. In all likelihood, unless it's a catcher, you can replace the injured player with another major leaguer that's better than your AAA guy. This way, if it's the 15-day DL, you can send the lesser player back with one less option when your injured player is ready to go.

2. NO.

3. We're seeing some one-sie, two-sie point changes with promotions and demotions and injuries, but no massive ratings changes. Admin adjusted the "overall" rating for pitchers, so guys had their projections change, but it didn't change individual rating numbers.
6/6/2006 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By scoobybud on 6/06/2006Knowing what you know now, would you leave your budget like it is with 10 million in every catagory or what and which and how much would you change
I'll answer this, even though you were mean to me.

I budgeted around $12M on all of the minor categories and went with a $90M payroll (12-7 so far with my pitching dying). No one has seen any college, HS, or international scouting reports after twenty games played, so that might be where I'd cut back a little. Of course, I might change my mind when the recruits finally do show up. Advanced Scouting is worth every penny. With $12M in medical/training, I've been getting injured players back faster than original projections, so that's money well spent. I checked my coaches' salaries and budgeted for a 10-15% increase (up to $13M) and almost used every penny because of massive bidding wars in the Ruth World.
6/6/2006 6:45 PM
Thanks todd. I owe you an apology, and appreciate the advice
6/6/2006 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By scoobybud on 6/06/2006
Knowing what you know now, would you leave your budget like it is with 10 million in every catagory or what and which and how much would you change?

I have a team but the season hasn't started yet, but I have a close idea of how to adjust the budget just by looking at the strenghts and weaknesses of my franchise and where they're located (ML or Minors).

My franchise sucks at the ML level but I do have a pretty good players on AAA, AA, High/Low A............just by that I know that it's either signing masive amounts of free agents and trying to win now or using the same money on Prospects/Development/Coaches and Scouts and trying to develop a good system.

I chose not to go after the free agents becouse it's the 1st season and I don't wanna make stupid mistakes.

Learn the good players on you franchise and see how far away are they from ML and spread your budget that would best fit your team.

I didn't even play one game yet so what do I know, but reading all the posts here in the past week I'm definetly maxing out all my scouts........... hope this help
6/6/2006 6:57 PM
You'll also see people throwing around numbers for players based on their "combined" rating. Well, nobody (except Kyle and Tom) know what goes into the "combined" rating, so take this with a grain of salt...
60+ ML quality
70+ Good ML quality
80+ All-Star
90+ Superstar
Take the time and look at the statistical leaders in the Aaron/Ruth leagues and compare their ratings to your players. Odds are you have two or three blue chippers, several good players. and a whole lot of mediocre players. Just like the major leagues.... unless you're Kansas City.
6/6/2006 7:03 PM
Just starting in an open world. After they made a change to pitchers salaries, I noticed that the current player payroll range is great (71-36mil), on initially dealt players. Are there going to be enough free agents to build a decent team with if you have the cash. Or can the 50-36mil teams just write this season off? I hope that is not the case or I just wasted the first 14.95 with no chance of success.(this season that is)
6/6/2006 10:26 PM
check your minor leagues to see if you have any good players to bring up or trade. My original team's salary was only about 40 mil. I'm up to 78 mil w/ trades and fa's. I'm 15-3 right now, so it can be done.
6/6/2006 10:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.