Right-wing reactionaries - fight the real enemy Topic

Posted by strikeout26 on 6/2/2022 12:37:00 PM (view original):
So glad I blocked him! Life is much more peaceful when I don't have to read what he types!!! It was a big red flag when I noticed I was the only one responding to his posts. I guess everyone else had already learned that he was pointless while I was away.
that’s ok - the conservatives are the worst thing that has happened in this country since World War 2.
They are destroying the country.

And who will disagree with me on that.
6/2/2022 1:32 PM (edited)
probably all the conservatives
6/2/2022 2:10 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/2/2022 2:10:00 PM (view original):
quite honestly they are not American enough to know the harm that they are doing.
6/2/2022 3:11 PM
Posted by tangplay on 6/2/2022 1:09:00 PM (view original):
With that being said, I don't actually necessarily disagree with your claim that social issues are somewhat of a religion in that views on them are rarely challenged! I just would apply that to both sides. Christopher Rufo just openly admits that he's been able to bait conservatives into a bunch of random culture war talking points out of nowhere, change definitions, and essentially do anything to keep the conservative base angry and irrational.

How often do conservatives bring up some new made up culture war issue that's gonna destroy society, talk about it to fearmonger with their base, and then drop it in 2 months when the next talking point gets brought up?

Many criticisms that conservatives give to the left are accurate in certain ways, but also apply to their side.
Hey Tangy! Glad you got my point. I wasn’t demonizing the LGBTQ+ community. I was merely saying that you are not allowed to question anything about it.

Another example: It’s taboo for me say that race played no part in Chauvin killing George Floyd. We had thousands of racial justice protests over it. But we don’t actually have any evidence that is was racially motivated in the slightest. A lot of people on the left side of the aisle would call me bigoted for even suggesting that maybe Chauvin was just a terrible cop and race didn’t play a factor. In the same manner that I don’t know if there’s actually a God, I don’t know what Chauvin’s motives were. It’s okay to question things. It’s actually good.
6/2/2022 6:41 PM
Somewhat off topic from the point you were making, but still relevant; I don’t think the culture war issues are completely made up. I think they’re overblown at times by conservatives, but are still real. It makes me wonder when Republicans ban CRT or create laws where you can’t teach sexual orientation or gender identity and the left then claims that it’s not being taught in schools. They then get mad when it’s banned. If it’s not being taught, why would you get mad when it’s banned? Nothing would change.
6/2/2022 6:46 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 6/2/2022 6:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 6/2/2022 1:09:00 PM (view original):
With that being said, I don't actually necessarily disagree with your claim that social issues are somewhat of a religion in that views on them are rarely challenged! I just would apply that to both sides. Christopher Rufo just openly admits that he's been able to bait conservatives into a bunch of random culture war talking points out of nowhere, change definitions, and essentially do anything to keep the conservative base angry and irrational.

How often do conservatives bring up some new made up culture war issue that's gonna destroy society, talk about it to fearmonger with their base, and then drop it in 2 months when the next talking point gets brought up?

Many criticisms that conservatives give to the left are accurate in certain ways, but also apply to their side.
Hey Tangy! Glad you got my point. I wasn’t demonizing the LGBTQ+ community. I was merely saying that you are not allowed to question anything about it.

Another example: It’s taboo for me say that race played no part in Chauvin killing George Floyd. We had thousands of racial justice protests over it. But we don’t actually have any evidence that is was racially motivated in the slightest. A lot of people on the left side of the aisle would call me bigoted for even suggesting that maybe Chauvin was just a terrible cop and race didn’t play a factor. In the same manner that I don’t know if there’s actually a God, I don’t know what Chauvin’s motives were. It’s okay to question things. It’s actually good.
You really don’t understand. There are a disproportionate number of black people getting killed by police in totally inexcusable circumstances.

You like to pick a fight over the wrong reasons.
IMO you enjoy setting up conditions and parameters to deny the truth or set your truth as fact
and then say that you are so open minded.

For example it is not a case of no one is allowed to talk about the LBGTQ community but nobody wants to hear the opinion from someone who only tolerates and with conditions and talks about people in that community as outsiders.
I don’t like people giving back handed compliments or statements of token support.

As far as I can see there are no issues whatsoever about the LBGTQ community other than protecting them from bigots and making sure that they have complete and full rights that they won’t have while religious zealots target them or marginalize them instead of honoring them with full and TOTAL and unconditional respect.
6/2/2022 7:03 PM (edited)
Posted by Jetson21 on 6/2/2022 3:11:00 PM (view original):
quite honestly they are not American enough to know the harm that they are doing.
quite honestly they'd probably say the same thing about liberals
6/2/2022 7:34 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/2/2022 7:34:00 PM (view original):
so what, there is sometimes objective fact as to who is honest and for the constitution and respect for the laws and people.
6/2/2022 8:06 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/2/2022 7:34:00 PM (view original):
Just an idea, but maybe both sides should quit viewing the other as bad people and just learn to have conversations.

Granted, I don’t think we are as polarized as the media wants us to be. Take this forum for example. We are a bunch of people that don’t know each other. Out of the 10 or so people that post on here regularly, only one is incapable of getting along, but no one takes him seriously anyway. I’d say a 90% cordiality rate is pretty good and I do think it’s reflective of the real world.
6/2/2022 8:51 PM
Also, I included RSP in the 90% group. I’ve never really interacted with him, but I assume he’s a good dude. ?????
6/2/2022 8:55 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 6/2/2022 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Somewhat off topic from the point you were making, but still relevant; I don’t think the culture war issues are completely made up. I think they’re overblown at times by conservatives, but are still real. It makes me wonder when Republicans ban CRT or create laws where you can’t teach sexual orientation or gender identity and the left then claims that it’s not being taught in schools. They then get mad when it’s banned. If it’s not being taught, why would you get mad when it’s banned? Nothing would change.
Agree with your previous post.

The issue with the CRT bans wasn't that they banned CRT, it was that they claimed to ban CRT but actually did a lot more. Most of the bills didn't even mention "critical race theory." The bills restricted teaching about racism, some in good ways and some in bad ways. If the bills were actually banning critical race theory, like the collegiate-level theory, I don't think people would care as much.

The outrage over the Florida bill was similar. Most people weren't upset about the idea of not teaching the stuff to elementary school kids (even though I don't have an issue with it). The issue people had was with vagueness. Other sections of the bill seem to allow parents to sue schools for potentially teaching about sexual orientation or gender identity at any age, which could create a chilling effect on speech. That's why people called it the "don't say gay" bill.

6/2/2022 9:24 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 6/2/2022 8:55:00 PM (view original):
Also, I included RSP in the 90% group. I’ve never really interacted with him, but I assume he’s a good dude. ?????
it has been pointed out by a few people that none of us are friends.
Of all the people here when 2 were dying only I reached out several times and posted about them numerous times to al it’s complete silence until there was no more time.

None of these people give a rats *** about you.

I do detest the american conservative views and I express it.

I used to be friendly except i was pummeled just for having entertaining posts so I no longer care what people think about me.
I express my opinions and sometimes it might be in your face.

I am not going to respect a person with your views on the gun issue.
And I don’t like the way you manipulate your point of view in a discussion.

When you start to rail and I mean attack the federal and state republican party as cheats and cowards and in so many cases nutcases and worse and people who refuse to protect our democracy maybe then and only then will you have any credibility.
6/2/2022 9:26 PM
You can say that the culture war issues have some legitimacy, but NO ONE was talking about CRT until Fox News started propagandizing it. Similar with the "LGBT grooming" **** which is just a totally made up issue. There's a new talking point every month that's subsequently ditched. I think it's pretty transparently an attempt to keep people upset and outraged.

Obviously this is also true of every group, like left wingers are also perpetually upset, it just seems like we're broadly reacting to actual stuff that happens in the world and conservatives are reacting to what they're told to be upset about despite never hearing about it before.
6/2/2022 9:27 PM
Posted by tangplay on 6/2/2022 9:27:00 PM (view original):
You can say that the culture war issues have some legitimacy, but NO ONE was talking about CRT until Fox News started propagandizing it. Similar with the "LGBT grooming" **** which is just a totally made up issue. There's a new talking point every month that's subsequently ditched. I think it's pretty transparently an attempt to keep people upset and outraged.

Obviously this is also true of every group, like left wingers are also perpetually upset, it just seems like we're broadly reacting to actual stuff that happens in the world and conservatives are reacting to what they're told to be upset about despite never hearing about it before.
i don’t quite agree. By and large conservative media and their leaders are bent on lying to their audience and whipping them up into a frenzy about conspiracies and an FU mentality.

The democrats or the left as you call it are upset about what is not about what was. The progressives have goals that are blocked by an inferior brand from the right.

You do a great disservice to yourself and what you believe in when you try to find an equivalency.
There is no equivalency when one party cares about real progress while the other party is created in the name of everything wrong and dangerous in this country.

Over the 4 years of Trump and the Republican bullshit in the Obama years the USA is still the strongest military but it has ceded its phony crown of the greatest nation on earth.

There are now plenty of better democracies because they don’t have such a thriving conservative party and they are trying their best to not let happen there what has happened here.

The best thinkers see what is happening when it is and not years later looking back.
6/2/2022 10:51 PM
I stay out of "culture war" debates, as I only have so much pondering time and haven't really formed an opinion on them. I may get to them at some point, but I doubt it. They just don't seem to interest me that much.

As far as left-wingers reacting to real issues, I'm not so sure thats true. They react to media propaganda the same way the right does. I'll give you a couple of examples. Liberals were polled on what percentage of the unvaccinated they thought were hospitalized when they contracted COVID. Their response was that more than 50% of people were hospitalized. The actual answer is less than 1%. There was also a poll that asked how many unarmed black men were shot each year by cops. I don't remember liberals exact response, but it was something like 20k unarmed black people (it actually may have been a higher number, but since I don't remember exactly I tried to lowball it).. The actual answer is in the high single digits out of hundreds of millions interactions with law enforcement/year. The actual data shows the number to be in the teens, but it includes situations where the person that was shot was reaching for a cops weapon which accounted for about half of the instances.

The point is that media pushes lies becauses it sells and people eat it up without questioning whether its true or not. It doesn't matter your political persuasion, everyone is guilty. I try to listen to all viewpoints. I'll go from Ben Shapiro to Anna Kasparian to Tim Poole to John Lovett, but most people get very uncomfortable listening to viewpoints that don't reiterate their worldview. I think the only person that I can't tolerate is Hannity. I don't watch mainstream news, but on his radio show he cuts off his guests constantly. I want to hear what they have to say.
6/2/2022 10:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...122|123|124|125|126...142 Next ▸
Right-wing reactionaries - fight the real enemy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.