Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

PG / SG / SF / PF / C
Chris Paul / Jaylen Brown / Montrezl Harrell / Jarrett Allen / Hassan Whiteside
Kevin Johnson / Reggie Miller / Richaun Holmes / Brandan Wright / Chris Webber
4/29/2023 3:34 PM
Posted by robusk on 4/29/2023 10:53:00 AM (view original):
I didn't know it was a ranked list. Would be surprised if that was the order, certainly wouldn't have been mine and I know Shai was very high for LOTS of people. ash would have been in the minority if that was his order but I guess I see where you were going if that was his order. There were people considering him as early as the 5th.
It was absolutely NOT a ranked list.

I basically wanted the 57% efg seasons of Mitchell & MIddleton to start for two teams and use the best of their others seasons as Lavine's backup. Most of the other guys on the list were of a similar fashion: had one (or two) potential starting seasons and could back up Lavine with others. I'm doing something a little different (for me) this draft, and I'm not sure if I like it or hate it. I definitely don't love it, but reserve the right to change my mind.
4/29/2023 3:39 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 4/29/2023 3:34:00 PM (view original):
PG / SG / SF / PF / C
Scary af tbh
4/29/2023 3:43 PM
tbh, I'm scared of about 18 or 20 teams. I think almost everybody outdid themselves this time, and for those that I don't think outdid themselves... I'm just always scared of them anyway.
4/29/2023 3:47 PM
Posted by ashamael on 4/29/2023 3:39:00 PM (view original):
I didn't know it was a ranked list. Would be surprised if that was the order, certainly wouldn't have been mine and I know Shai was very high for LOTS of people. ash would have been in the minority if that was his order but I guess I see where you were going if that was his order. There were people considering him as early as the 5th.

I basically wanted the 57% efg seasons of Mitchell & MIddleton to start for two teams and use the best of their others seasons as Lavine's backup. Most of the other guys on the list were of a similar fashion: had one (or two) potential starting seasons and could back up Lavine with others. I'm doing something a little different (for me) this draft, and I'm not sure if I like it or hate it. I definitely don't love it, but reserve the right to change my mind.
the real question is....where is kemba walker on that list?

i was thrilled to get ahead of the run for possible backups to steph but had a hard time deciding between beal, kemba, sga, mitchell, and an undrafted guy vince carter

finally decided on beal only to have him get picked right ahead of me...ended up going with kemba because im so thin at sf i wanted a guy who could cover all of the backup steph/oscar mins for all 5 teams...sga couldnt do it and i didnt care for some of the earlier mitchell seasons
4/29/2023 7:22 PM (edited)
Damn I really wanted Vince. Good pick, Amerk
4/29/2023 7:20 PM
I'm trying to figure out if I am going to be up for relegation or if I am kind of zigging when others are zagging. I feel alright about my team, which is normally a bad sign.
4/29/2023 9:59 PM
My team is pee pee poo poo.
4/29/2023 10:28 PM
Maybe if you all would have drafted like you normally do I could have had some semblance of predictability. But you all decided to be completely different people all at the same time.
4/29/2023 11:09 PM
"New player drop, new me." - All of Savage.
4/30/2023 12:10 AM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 4/29/2023 3:34:00 PM (view original):
PG / SG / SF / PF / C
It the #1 team in my preliminary power rankings.
4/30/2023 12:12 AM
Posted by Midge on 4/28/2023 11:34:00 PM (view original):
I look at my roster and I am not impressed, but I need to give everyone fair warning. My engineering staff is currently working on the Midge-O-Matic. Once the Midge-O-Matic has been perfected this will allow for Total Midge Domination, also known as TMD. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Midge-omination!
4/30/2023 3:19 AM
My starting 5 projects as

Anthony Davis 100 D
Bill Russell 100 D
Dan Roundfield 90 D
Klay Thompson 80 D
Derek Harper 70-80 D

So far all reserves are above 50 D and most above 60 D and Noah is a 90+ on two teams.

So based on my experience, I will be bottom five in points allowed/gm and FG % against
4/30/2023 3:27 AM
Posted by robusk on 4/29/2023 10:28:00 PM (view original):
My team is pee pee poo poo.
I can let you borrow my Midge-O-Matic.
4/30/2023 11:20 AM
Posted by dh555 on 4/29/2023 7:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 4/29/2023 3:39:00 PM (view original):

the real question is....where is kemba walker on that list?

i was thrilled to get ahead of the run for possible backups to steph but had a hard time deciding between beal, kemba, sga, mitchell, and an undrafted guy vince carter

finally decided on beal only to have him get picked right ahead of me...ended up going with kemba because im so thin at sf i wanted a guy who could cover all of the backup steph/oscar mins for all 5 teams...sga couldnt do it and i didnt care for some of the earlier mitchell seasons
I still remember Kinoa kicking out ***** with high picks on guys like Kemba and Bill Bridges. I still don’t know how he did it, but it made me realize that I was probably valuing eFG too closely and that there’s something to be said for just a good, clean player who has some positives and no negatives
4/30/2023 11:28 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...42 Next ▸
Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.