Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By natas46 on 6/06/2006
Those numbers will actually improve provided that our trade goes through later today as he will gain a 90 stam, approximately 27 dur guy to take the place of Sullivan.

Yeah, but you know you got a killer prospect in Marino Diaz to go along with Sullivan. I probably wouldn't have made the trade if I hadn't been so worked up about the 5m deal that was in play.
6/6/2006 1:01 PM
Aaron/Ruth-ERS:
How much of our Player Payroll should we leave untouched simply for Call-Ups? Meaning, if I choose to allocate 100 Mil to player payroll, should I only spend about 96 of it?
6/6/2006 1:06 PM
Each call up automatically makes 327K. AAA is 54K, AA is 38k, A is 27K, Rookie is 8K.
I've tried to leave at least 2m at all times for 8 call-ups. You probably won't need that much and you can always make a trade to free up cap room if you can find someone willing to do it.
6/6/2006 1:10 PM
i'd leave a lot more than that.

you'll want ($327k-$54k) * 15 to promote people when the roster expands to 40 (and if you need it). you'll also want ($27k-8k) * 20 or so to move guys from rookie to A (which you'll need to do for fatigue purposes). you'll need to sign your prospects (most will be $8k, but somewill be around $350k it seems), even though bonus money comes from its own budget. you don't know what will happen with injuries, so you'll need to make call-ups for that too. you may want to be able to trade. i around $8M after a bunch of call-ups and i wish i had more. i'm down to $6.5M before the amateur draft, and i know i'll need to make more moves.
6/6/2006 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By tooly_mctool on 6/06/2006
Aaron/Ruth-ERS:
How much of our Player Payroll should we leave untouched simply for Call-Ups? Meaning, if I choose to allocate 100 Mil to player payroll, should I only spend about 96 of it?

i have kept only $4 millions of my cap. I now believe i kept too little. In my other worlds, i will keep at least $8 millions.
6/6/2006 1:18 PM
I have the 32nd draft pick. And I signed at least 2(and I think 3) type A free agents. That's why I'm not so worried about signing draft picks. But, if I run into a numbers crunch, I'll trade a prospect and a last year contract vet for a cheaper, crappy player. We have a few guys who are happy to take a highly rated prospect to "help" clear cap room.
6/6/2006 1:18 PM
there are also players that might be happy to get a good veteran down the stretch.
6/6/2006 1:23 PM
My top four 'starting' pitchers all have durabilities below 20, but their staminas are decent (19/90, 17/83, 17/76, 16/61). Should I be looking to shop one of these guys for a more reliable pitcher so I don't have all four of them on the DL at the same time? Or are these guys likely to make it through the season without too many severe issues?
6/6/2006 3:08 PM
61 is not decent for a starter unless you put him on a really tight PC (which can result in your bullpen being overworked). My advice is find another guy with similar stamina and use them in a tandem starter role.
Those durability numbers are actually pretty brutal. My ace is something like 83/30 stamina/durability and I've had to keep him on a pretty tight PC ina 4-man rotation. With those durability ratings you're going to really have to tighten up pitch counts (which overworks your bullpen) and/or use at least a 5-man rotation.
6/6/2006 3:11 PM
i can't imagine using less than a 5-man rotation at any level given my personnel. or yours, evegoe.
6/6/2006 3:12 PM
61 won't cut it as a stand alone starter in a 5 man especially with a 16 DUR.
6/6/2006 3:17 PM
Are most of you only managing the big club or do you have a hands on approach and handle every team in the organization?
I've read a bunch about pitching fatigue, etc. Will using a pitchers park lessen the effects assuming you have speedy outfielders to run down balls?
6/6/2006 3:18 PM
does the size of the stadium i.e. amount of fans it holds have anything to do with your teams buget? A larger stadium produces more $ in ticket sales, leading to a bigger team buget or does it not matter at all?
6/6/2006 3:31 PM
no impact on budget.
6/6/2006 3:52 PM
All teams have $185m. Every year.
EE, I'm managing my minor league teams half-assedly. I check fatigue and injuries. That's it. I'm not checking stats/outcomes. I plan on going back and making adjustments after about 50 games based upon the results.
6/6/2006 3:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.