Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

I think a little of both. Jonas and Amare are objectively good picks where you got them. I think you are headed for a top 5 finish if you close this out. But yes, some of the vets are going to slip with the newer players dominating the sim.
4/28/2023 10:33 AM
Posted by dBKC on 4/28/2023 9:56:00 AM (view original):
I’m not sure if I’m crushing this draft, or just that 22-23 shook things up so much and added so many usable players that all 24 of us can have a deep roster

(Fry from Futurama face)
Looks like you will have to play Marion full time at SG as much as you can to get the most you can out of that roster, can probably afford to use max 2 seasons of his that would not be full time at guard and the usage numbers will be a little strange... but the talent sure is deep.
4/28/2023 11:03 AM
As of now, ncmusician, steelers, ben and berkelon all also have pretty scary looking rosters.
4/28/2023 11:05 AM
We stink.
4/28/2023 11:59 AM
Posted by jhsukow on 4/28/2023 11:59:00 AM (view original):
We stink.
Nah I also have your team pretty high.
4/28/2023 12:01 PM
I look at my roster and I am not impressed, but I need to give everyone fair warning. My engineering staff is currently working on the Midge-O-Matic. Once the Midge-O-Matic has been perfected this will allow for Total Midge Domination, also known as TMD. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
4/28/2023 11:34 PM
Round 8 killed me. This was my SG board when I went to bed

Bradley Beal (just drafted)
Donovan Mitchell
Khris Middleton
CJ McCollum
De'Aaron Fox
Shai
Mullin

I also was hoping to sneak Walker Kessler & Nic Claxton later, but dbkc & jkaye24 had other ideas.

Ingram is okay, and Oladipo was absolutely not on my radar at all, but he improves one SL and can back up Kidd for a few minutes decently. I really wanted either Pressey, Rondo, or Fat to back him up, but 2 of the 3 went right after me in round 8, and Fat went later in 9. Didn't feel worth drafting any of them for the few minutes Kidd isn't on the floor, but I may well regret that.

Teams look okay. Efg% is WAY higher than I'm used to, as is ast%. Usage seems way less tricky than normal, though the two low usage Kidds are causing a little less customization than I like. Defense on three squads is good; the other two not so much right now. Rebounds are inferior to what I like but should be at or above average. Turnovers are high. Fouls seem good. Threes are very good. Right now, I'm feeling simultaneously better about the teams and worse than this point last draft. I think almost everybody is drafting much better. Rob mentioned a bunch of guys jumping up, even dudes without really anything new... and I think that's because people are recognizing value better. I think teams are going to be even closer than normal.

But it's only through round 9 (almost). Last three rounds can really take a few squads from scary to god damn frightening.
4/29/2023 1:03 AM
Posted by ashamael on 4/29/2023 1:04:00 AM (view original):
Round 8 killed me. This was my SG board when I went to bed

Bradley Beal (just drafted)
Donovan Mitchell
Khris Middleton
CJ McCollum
De'Aaron Fox
Shai
Mullin

I also was hoping to sneak Walker Kessler & Nic Claxton later, but dbkc & jkaye24 had other ideas.

Ingram is okay, and Oladipo was absolutely not on my radar at all, but he improves one SL and can back up Kidd for a few minutes decently. I really wanted either Pressey, Rondo, or Fat to back him up, but 2 of the 3 went right after me in round 8, and Fat went later in 9. Didn't feel worth drafting any of them for the few minutes Kidd isn't on the floor, but I may well regret that.

Teams look okay. Efg% is WAY higher than I'm used to, as is ast%. Usage seems way less tricky than normal, though the two low usage Kidds are causing a little less customization than I like. Defense on three squads is good; the other two not so much right now. Rebounds are inferior to what I like but should be at or above average. Turnovers are high. Fouls seem good. Threes are very good. Right now, I'm feeling simultaneously better about the teams and worse than this point last draft. I think almost everybody is drafting much better. Rob mentioned a bunch of guys jumping up, even dudes without really anything new... and I think that's because people are recognizing value better. I think teams are going to be even closer than normal.

But it's only through round 9 (almost). Last three rounds can really take a few squads from scary to god damn frightening.
There have been a ton of “runs” on a position in this draft. I’ve been ahead of some and behind some, and it’s much more fun when I get it right. But I watched my board get decimated a couple of times too.

FWIW I think this new SGA season is getting slept on a bit, I’m excited to give it a spin.
4/29/2023 10:13 AM
lol stop creating false ghosts man, who is sleeping on that season? Everyone is super hyped about it.
4/29/2023 10:32 AM
As in I had him above all of those players on his list instead of at the bottom?

I mean I might be wrong in that opinion, but I don’t see how that’s a false ghost.
4/29/2023 10:43 AM
I didn't know it was a ranked list. Would be surprised if that was the order, certainly wouldn't have been mine and I know Shai was very high for LOTS of people. ash would have been in the minority if that was his order but I guess I see where you were going if that was his order. There were people considering him as early as the 5th.
4/29/2023 10:53 AM (edited)
I was just trying to drum up conversation and want to be hyped for my team’s player who happens to play for my real-life team.

I have him as a ~5th round grade and I didn’t know others did. You’re probably referring to offline conversations because the only mention I’ve seen of him was the post I responded to, and that’s all the info I had on what others thought of him.
4/29/2023 10:59 AM
He also DID go after all of those players in reality, so I don’t see how Ash would be in the minority if that was his rankings. I personally would clearly put him above all of those guys. That’s all I was trying to say, as a simple footnote on my comment.
4/29/2023 11:09 AM
Posted by dBKC on 4/29/2023 11:09:00 AM (view original):
He also DID go after all of those players in reality, so I don’t see how Ash would be in the minority if that was his rankings. I personally would clearly put him above all of those guys. That’s all I was trying to say, as a simple footnote on my comment.
I was just trying to give you a little sh** man, don’t worry. You clearly are very hyped about your team. Was just trying to engage in the convo and have some fun.

I find it extremely silly he went after all those people. I know some other people agreed but went in other directions. Shai also has a second season that is very good.
4/29/2023 11:28 AM
For my money McCollum and Middleton are good ODL players but not Savage players. Fox is a low end backup. Mitchell I am tbd on. Mullin I think has a case over Shai. But Shai has two starter worthy seasons.
4/29/2023 11:35 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...42 Next ▸
Savage XI Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.