Round 1 Themes, 2021 Topic

no, when the league numbers come out only the commissioners have verified their rosters. everyone else's rosters are verified once all teams are in.

4/8/2021 9:59 AM
ozomatli is a spreadsheet wiz, and usually builds tools in Google Docs that allow us to cut and paste rosters, and it auto-verifies most things. Some things require a manual check. But roster verification is usually pretty routine once people enter their teams.
4/8/2021 10:13 AM
Sorry for the slow responses, y'all — I've been on vacation and am getting engaged today

I still need at least one more volunteer who can be a commissioner for 6 leagues.

As others have mentioned, league numbers will be out soon after commissioners are finalized (at least a week before the first roster deadline) and roster verification happens by commissioners pasting league rosters into Google Sheets I provide.
4/8/2021 2:18 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 4/8/2021 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Sorry for the slow responses, y'all — I've been on vacation and am getting engaged today

I still need at least one more volunteer who can be a commissioner for 6 leagues.

As others have mentioned, league numbers will be out soon after commissioners are finalized (at least a week before the first roster deadline) and roster verification happens by commissioners pasting league rosters into Google Sheets I provide.
Congratulations, Mike!
4/8/2021 2:53 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 4/8/2021 10:13:00 AM (view original):
ozomatli is a spreadsheet wiz, and usually builds tools in Google Docs that allow us to cut and paste rosters, and it auto-verifies most things. Some things require a manual check. But roster verification is usually pretty routine once people enter their teams.
It would be cool to self-check my fantasy members with a google spreadsheet before I submit rosters to the commissioner. Is there any way I can get access to them?
4/8/2021 3:17 PM
Unfortunately there’s not a great way to do that without potentially compromising the integrity of the tournament. If more than one person we’re looking at the spreadsheet at the same time, they’d see each other’s rosters. And I’m not going to create 96 or 120 copies of the spreadsheet.
4/8/2021 6:00 PM

I have all 6 teams built and I’m probably not gonna adjust. Are there any responsibilities I need to know in advance?
4/9/2021 12:12 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 4/9/2021 12:12:00 AM (view original):

I have all 6 teams built and I’m probably not gonna adjust. Are there any responsibilities I need to know in advance?
  • Get your teams done relatively quickly (all 6 must be done by Sunday, May 2nd at the latest)
  • Set up 6 leagues per specifications I sitemail to you
  • Input league rosters into a Google Sheet I provide to allow me to verify them before the season
  • Send me the Advanced Standings at the midway point in the season
  • Handle other, occasional ad hoc requests (basically just be responsive when necessary)
4/9/2021 2:28 AM
Posted by ozomatli on 4/9/2021 2:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 4/9/2021 12:12:00 AM (view original):

• Get your teams done relatively quickly (all 6 must be done by Sunday, May 2nd at the latest)
  • Set up 6 leagues per specifications I sitemail to you
  • Input league rosters into a Google Sheet I provide to allow me to verify them before the season
  • Send me the Advanced Standings at the midway point in the season
  • Handle other, occasional ad hoc requests (basically just be responsive when necessary)
Seems easy enough. I can volunteer, but understand if you prefer someone else
4/9/2021 11:11 AM
Awesome! You've got it. Thanks for volunteering. I'll loop you into the process either on Sunday or early next week, depending on my schedule this weekend (still traveling)
4/9/2021 7:31 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 3/15/2021 11:19:00 AM (view original):
110M Q&A

Q: Can we have multiple players from a single team?
A: Yes, there is no limit to the amount of players you can have from one single team as long as you have the same number of players from that team on your Round 2 team.

Q: Can we use the same player in both rounds if we also use one of their teammates?
A: No, you can only use each player once. If you use 1927 Babe Ruth and 1927 Lou Gehrig in Round 1, you have to use two different player-seasons from the 1927 Yankees in Round 2 and cannot use either of them again.

Q: Do we need to use the same stadium in both rounds?
A: No

Q: What happens in there is a salary update between now and Round 2?
A: I am chatting with Admin about this. You should be building both teams simultaneously. I will verify both at the same time. This will prevent any issues with Round 2.
Will both teams be set at 110 mil?
4/10/2021 1:54 PM
Yes
4/12/2021 1:04 PM

I hope she knows what your true love is (WIS).

Because I've been married for 24 years, and I still get the eyeroll when I tell her I'm about to win a Championship. : )
4/12/2021 2:05 PM

Congrats Mikey. Good luck to you and your better half!
4/12/2021 6:25 PM
Posted by discodemo on 3/31/2021 9:49:00 PM (view original):
d_rock, quickest way to check is enter your team in an open league, check the totals, and withdraw the team. Takes 30 seconds.
Unfortunately this method does not work for the Variable Cap league. I feel my HR/9 may be off too due to 2020 and 1994 players
4/13/2021 11:54 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...14 Next ▸
Round 1 Themes, 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.