Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

NFL players say Redskins have hottest cheerleaders

I usually try to stay away from cheerleading coverage, but some stories are too newsworthy to ignore. This week's issue of ESPN The Magazine includes an "NFL Confidential" poll involving 65 NFL players, asked about a variety of on- and off-the-field issues. And in at least one category, the Redskins come in first: Hottest Cheerleaders!

Washington came in first with 17.6 percent of the vote, followed by the Dolphins (16.7) and Cowboys (14 percent). The Mag reported that most players didn't want to comment, but one veteran gave a choice quote.

"Everybody has really, really good things to say about the Redskins cheerleaders," he said. "Not that I ever look. I better leave it at that."

You'll recall that two years ago, Ben Roethlisberger said that the Redskins made their cheerleaders stretch in the visiting team's tunnel as a distraction, and that the commissioner banned "the practice some dubbed the Redskins Rule." Quite a body of work they're amassing.

The Skins feature two other times in the ESPN the Mag poll. Albert Haynesworth came in second in the "Most Overrated Player" category with 11.4 percent of the vote, behind only Terrell Owens (20.5). And Mike Shanahan tied for second in the "Last Coach You'd Want to Play For" category, behind the overwhelming winner, Eric Mangini
8/26/2010 1:48 PM
From the DC Sports Bog.
8/26/2010 1:49 PM
Ah, it's ****** Kendrick today.  At least I'll make $80.
8/26/2010 2:02 PM
I suppose if Wandy no-hits them, that might serve pretty well as rock bottom for this particular team slump.
8/26/2010 2:12 PM
I'm glad I can't see this game.
8/26/2010 2:17 PM
I need to take the next step and stop looking at GameTracker.
8/26/2010 2:18 PM
The important thing is that Kendrick is avoiding the big inning.  No crooked numbers.  Nice job.
8/26/2010 2:20 PM
Posted by tylermathias on 8/26/2010 2:12:00 PM (view original):
I suppose if Wandy no-hits them, that might serve pretty well as rock bottom for this particular team slump.
Heh, yeah.

Although, since it's obviously been caused by the return of Utley and Howard, they should probably go back to the Valdez/Sweeney well to right the ship.
8/26/2010 2:30 PM
Hunter Pence should eat a bag of poison-dipped gorilla dicks.
8/26/2010 2:33 PM
I think the Phils are approaching making an out in every way imaginable in this series.  Someone needs to step on home plate while bunting.
8/26/2010 2:42 PM
sounds like a plan

8/26/2010 3:19 PM
This series is making me an angrier individual than usual.  At least all the other relevant teams are struggling.
8/26/2010 3:24 PM
Its a shame tho, this week they haven't lost any ground and they still lead the Wild Card and have played like crap. 
8/26/2010 3:29 PM
Of course, just depends on how you look at it. Definitely a lost opportunity on one hand, on the other hand, they could have played themselves all but out of the division.
8/26/2010 3:30 PM

My little girl started kindergarten today...holy ****, I can't believe how fast the time has gone by.

8/26/2010 3:53 PM
â—‚ Prev 1...844|845|846|847|848...1822 Next â–¸
Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.