Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

wow- just gave TM 14 thumbs and it still didn't get him back to HF status, but I did see a star for one of his posts.  Not sure if it was there before or not, so I'll take credit for it.
8/25/2010 9:12 AM
Sorry bot.  Not sure I could have posted anything comprehensible last night.

Now, I'm just hoping they use it as a rallying point...and that Howard doesn't get suspended.
8/25/2010 9:35 AM
You guys just keep using your thumbs as you normally would.  I don't mind having orange as.
8/25/2010 9:36 AM
But thank you.
bret dm tp
Posted by bret2775 on 8/25/2010 9:12:00 AM (view original):
wow- just gave TM 14 thumbs and it still didn't get him back to HF status, but I did see a star for one of his posts.  Not sure if it was there before or not, so I'll take credit for it.
It would take me 7 days to get him 14 thumbs *gasface*
8/25/2010 9:39 AM
Posted by tylermathias on 8/25/2010 9:35:00 AM (view original):

Now, I'm just hoping they use it as a rallying point...and that Howard doesn't get suspended.
I don't know that a minor league ump who is only up temporarily who has already shown himself to be ejection-happy (Zimmerman this past weekend) would real be worth backing by ML. It was a sketchy call and Howard deserved to be upset. The gesticulating mimicking Howard seemed to be provoking that response anyway. Not worthy of a suspension.
8/25/2010 9:43 AM
Posted by moy23 on 8/25/2010 9:36:00 AM (view original):
bret dm tp
$
8/25/2010 9:44 AM
Posted by r0b0t on 8/25/2010 9:43:00 AM (view original):

I don't know that a minor league ump who is only up temporarily who has already shown himself to be ejection-happy (Zimmerman this past weekend) would real be worth backing by ML. It was a sketchy call and Howard deserved to be upset. The gesticulating mimicking Howard seemed to be provoking that response anyway. Not worthy of a suspension.
I agree, obviously.  I'm just hoping the league does.

I'm also hoping I've got money to burn when like Juan Castro or someone goes bankrupt and throws the perfect game watch Halladay gave him on ebay so I can scoop one up.
8/25/2010 9:46 AM
For reference:

PHILADELPHIA -- Phillies clubhouse personnel hustled around the clubhouse before the game distributing a pair of boxes.

First, everyone got a Carlos Ruiz bobblehead figurine. Second, the Phillies got a keepsake they will never forget from Roy Halladay.

Halladay had watches engraved for not only his teammates, but all traveling and clubhouse personnel as a tribute to his perfect game at Florida on May 29.

Encased in a wooded box with a glass top was a watch. The top of the box read "Perfect Game, May 29, 2010" and the front read "We did it together. Thanks, Roy Halladay." On the Baume & Mercier is the recipient's name, line score and date.

"I'm completely blown away by it," left fielder Raul Ibanez said. "The way I look at it is, I should have been getting him something, you know? Because I've never even been on the field for one of those. They're so rare. Gosh, that kind of gesture is really moving. It's one of the classiest things I've ever seen."

"Absolutely amazing," manager Charlie Manuel said. "It shows how much he cares. It shows how much he's a part of our team and how he looks at us. That's the first time I've ever gotten something like that. It's very neat. It's very special."
8/25/2010 9:46 AM
I'm assuming he sent one to Castro.  I'm sure he did, but maybe I should have gone with someone like Baez.
8/25/2010 9:47 AM
Posted by tylermathias on 8/25/2010 9:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by r0b0t on 8/25/2010 9:43:00 AM (view original):

I agree, obviously.  I'm just hoping the league does.

I'm also hoping I've got money to burn when like Juan Castro or someone goes bankrupt and throws the perfect game watch Halladay gave him on ebay so I can scoop one up.
Victorino seems like he'd be foolish with his money.
8/25/2010 9:56 AM
Yeah, he'll buy like a whole hawaiian island and then have it foreclosed on.
8/25/2010 9:57 AM
He has $30,000+ in Ed Hardy merchandise, and that stuff depreciates like tracyr's liver.
8/25/2010 10:03 AM
He probably has Ed Hardy stock.

And he's unhealthily obsessed with MMA.
8/25/2010 10:12 AM
â—‚ Prev 1...834|835|836|837|838...1822 Next â–¸
Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.