Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Posted by Jtpsops on 6/30/2016 10:15:00 AM (view original):
Says you. It's clear you're still failing to grasp the concept of relative value. With one out and a runner on third in a tie game, the difference between a K and a flyball is huge. With a runner on first, one out and your team up 10-2, a DP really doesn't hurt that much.

Once again, all about context.
Sure, but we're talking about entire season, not individual plate appearances.

Going back to your hypothetical regarding all outs being Ks or ground outs, what if every time the hitter comes up, there are two outs?

What if every time he comes up the bases are empty?

What if every time he comes up, there's a runner on first and one out?

In those situations, would you prefer he make all his outs striking out or grounding out?
6/30/2016 10:23 AM
I'm not sure if this is hilariously funny, or pathetically sad.

Can it be both?
6/30/2016 10:27 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/30/2016 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Says you. It's clear you're still failing to grasp the concept of relative value. With one out and a runner on third in a tie game, the difference between a K and a flyball is huge. With a runner on first, one out and your team up 10-2, a DP really doesn't hurt that much.

Going back to your hypothetical regarding all outs being Ks or ground outs, what if every time the hitter comes up, there are two outs?

In those situations, would you prefer he make all his outs striking out or grounding out?
There's that "we're talking about..." again.

Do you still think you can dictate/shift what everyone else is talking about just so you can keep arguing what you want to argue? As I said previously, you are the only one following the train of thought you're following.
6/30/2016 10:31 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/30/2016 10:27:00 AM (view original):
I'm not sure if this is hilariously funny, or pathetically sad.

Can it be both?
It can be, and it is.
6/30/2016 10:31 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/30/2016 10:31:00 AM (view original):

Do you still think you can dictate/shift what everyone else is talking about just so you can keep arguing what you want to argue? As I said previously, you are the only one following the train of thought you're following.
Of course he does. I know he can read. He's read, at least 20 times, "No, dumbass, that's what YOU'RE talking about. THE REST OF US ARE NOT." Yet he keeps coming back to "we're talking about..."

BL wants everyone to believe the value of any baseball event remains the same regardless of situation. WE are not on board.
6/30/2016 10:38 AM
No one is denying that in individual situations you'd prefer one out one over another.
6/30/2016 10:52 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/30/2016 10:52:00 AM (view original):
No one is denying that in individual situations you'd prefer one out one over another.
As an aside: do you agree or disagree with the following:

I will state with confidence that it is actually a slight advantage to be LH (at 2B). Why?

1. Double plays. Throw comes in, slightly less transfer time for LH. Not much of a difference in a vacuum, but baseball is a games of inches and seconds.

2. Grounders up the middle. With your glove on your right hand, you don't have to travel quite as far to reach it from the second baseman's position.

3. Bunts. The 2B must act as a 1B and the advantages of a LH 1B are well documented.
6/30/2016 10:59 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/30/2016 10:31:00 AM (view original):

So you aren't going to answer?
6/30/2016 11:23 AM
There you go dictating again. You've ignored 80% of questions asked of you in this thread, and 98% of what's been talked about, yet you think you can demand responses from others? That's cute.

In case you haven't noticed, no one is engaging you anymore in your little circular arguments. People are just here to mock your stupidity.
6/30/2016 11:27 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/30/2016 10:59:00 AM (view original):

I will state with confidence that it is actually a slight advantage to be LH (at 2B). Why?

1. Double plays. Throw comes in, slightly less transfer time for LH. Not much of a difference in a vacuum, but baseball is a games of inches and seconds.

2. Grounders up the middle. With your glove on your right hand, you don't have to travel quite as far to reach it from the second baseman's position.

3. Bunts. The 2B must act as a 1B and the advantages of a LH 1B are well documented.
6/30/2016 11:29 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/30/2016 11:27:00 AM (view original):
There you go dictating again. You've ignored 80% of questions asked of you in this thread, and 98% of what's been talked about, yet you think you can demand responses from others? That's cute.

In case you haven't noticed, no one is engaging you anymore in your little circular arguments. People are just here to mock your stupidity.
I get to dictate because it's my argument, if you don't like it, you're free to not engage. I don't care.

6/30/2016 11:40 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/30/2016 11:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 6/30/2016 10:59:00 AM (view original):

Disagree with all.
6/30/2016 11:41 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/30/2016 11:40:00 AM (view original):

I get to dictate because it's my argument, if you don't like it, you're free to not engage. I don't care.

This is the first rational thing you've said in this entire thread. Thank you for finally admitting it's YOUR argument, and not the argument of anyone else here. You're arguing with yourself.
6/30/2016 11:42 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/30/2016 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/30/2016 11:40:00 AM (view original):

This is the first rational thing you've said in this entire thread. Thank you for finally admitting it's YOUR argument, and not the argument of anyone else here. You're arguing with yourself.
Actually, I was arguing with you. But you're dumb and you don't have the ability to grasp even the most basic concepts, so dealing with something complex, like run values, is out of your reach.
6/30/2016 11:44 AM
Says the guy who still doesn't realize he's in a thread arguing something completely different than everyone else in the discussion.

Your painful lack of self-awareness is stunning.
6/30/2016 11:46 AM
◂ Prev 1...83|84|85|86|87...106 Next ▸
Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.