MLB: a bag of a**holes. Topic

A grounder in the hole?  A diving stop by one of the infielder scoring one of the fastest players in the league sucks?
5/27/2014 11:07 PM
Those are fine but most of the time you aren't playing for just one run.

I think we went over this on previous pages. Of course there are some situations where some outs in play are preferable to others/strikeouts.
There are other times where certain outs in play are not preferable to others/strikeouts.

I'm of the belief that players, for the most part, don't get to choose how and when they make their outs. They are who they are and you take the good with the bad.
5/27/2014 11:14 PM
I wonder if Scioscia felt like it was fine that he k'd there.
5/27/2014 11:20 PM
So should the batter have been trying to get a hit there or just trying not to K?
5/27/2014 11:43 PM
Should have been doing whatever it takes to get the run home.  Hit, sac fly, whatever.  I guarantee you they practice getting the run in where there's situations like that.
5/27/2014 11:50 PM
Posted by trsnoke on 5/27/2014 11:43:00 PM (view original):
So should the batter have been trying to get a hit there or just trying not to K?
This.
5/27/2014 11:53 PM

What do you think the manager would say there?

5/27/2014 11:54 PM
Trout hits a SF with one out and a guy on third, right after Kendrick hits a grounder to the right side with a guy on second and 0 outs.  STrikeouts for both of those guys would have been much better.
5/28/2014 12:12 AM
Posted by The Taint on 5/28/2014 12:12:00 AM (view original):
Trout hits a SF with one out and a guy on third, right after Kendrick hits a grounder to the right side with a guy on second and 0 outs.  STrikeouts for both of those guys would have been much better.
No one is saying that.

Kendrick grounded out to second, right? Was he trying to ground out?

If yes, why would he do that? Shouldn't he have been trying to get a hit?

If no, what if the runner had been on first? Would it still have been better than a K?
5/28/2014 12:16 AM
It's fun to watch when BL doubles down on his stupidity.  And bonus points when he starts hurling the insults around.
5/28/2014 5:57 AM
I finally just said **** it and gave up. If a guy can't figure out you can't get a hit, drive in a run, or do anything productive offensively when you're striking out all the time, I don't know what else more to say.
5/28/2014 7:06 AM
Posted by The Taint on 5/28/2014 12:12:00 AM (view original):
Hitting coach BL, as the K victims return to the dugout: "Good cuts boys, way to swing hard.  You'll get 'em next time".
5/28/2014 7:56 AM
Arguing with BL is like punching yourself in the nuts.   Eventually, no matter how bored/stupid you are, you'll say "Why the **** am I doing this?"
5/28/2014 8:00 AM
Posted by The Taint on 5/28/2014 7:06:00 AM (view original):
I finally just said **** it and gave up. If a guy can't figure out you can't get a hit, drive in a run, or do anything productive offensively when you're striking out all the time, I don't know what else more to say.
No one is saying that striking out is good. Overall, it's the same as any other out--bad. Obviously a hit or a walk is preferable.
5/28/2014 8:56 AM
And you never answered: was Kendrick trying to ground out?
5/28/2014 8:56 AM
◂ Prev 1...26|27|28|29|30...49 Next ▸
MLB: a bag of a**holes. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.