Changes within the last 365 days...
- Introducing WISCast for Gridiron Dynasty!
WISCast for Gridiron Dynasty lets you watch a game as it happened.
- Control the Playback - Click play to start the game, or pause to stop the simulated playback. Control the speed of a game using the speed functions, or jump directly to the second half if you have already watched the first half. In addition there is a next play button that allows you to jump directly to the next play at your own speed.
- Field View - Watch how each play happened on a field view. The plays are distinguished by different images to represent run plays, pass plays, negative plays or kick plays. Also, each play includes the direction of the play and the down of that play.
- Play By Play - View the play by play as it is happening in the game playback. The latest play is at the top, and the summary of the drive is included in the title. You can jump to any half to view the information and when clicking on the drive it will align the data in that drive with the view on the field view.
- Last Play - Learn more about exactly what happened on the play by watching the last play. It will have more detailed information than the Play by Play about what transpired on a play.
Avoid spoilers with the GameResults page
- Core Changes
New DIII Beginner Mode
Intermediate and Advanced Modes at DII and above
Added timeline to show status of season
Added tasks to be performed each day
Chat has its own page
Now allows chat between conferences
All of the Coaching pages have been redone
Added Roster View/Options
Added default positional practice distribution categories for each position
New layout makes it easier to read and increases the ease of access
Added Drag/Drop functionality
New layout that makes it easier to read and added table below to summarize game plans easily
Added current or next game overview to page so you can adjust game plans accordingly
When creating a new playbook you are taken to a wizard to simplify the process of filling out all fields
Added sliders and drop downs to page to change all values according very quickly
Added edit and view only modes
One page to edit and update all of your formations
New structure with added view/edit mode
Slightly reduced the amount of effort SimAI puts into recruits at the DI and DI-AA levels.
Introduced a newer model of Fatigue. Fatigue is critical to how a game is played, and while there is still some refinements to be made over the next couple of weeks the new model will better represent fatigue.
updated the play by play to include better description of whose covering, which line has the advantage, where the ball is thrown, who the penalty is on, and many more.
patched an interception bug that made return yardage significantly less than it should be
Fixed bug of fumbles and interceptions in endzone assinging the wrong score type
Updated decline penalty logic to be more reliable
Update 4th quarter decision making and time clock management to be more relevant
- We're proud to announce the release of Gridiron Dynasty 3.0. The new version of our college football simulation game is a major re-write and is full of significant improvements and additions. Thanks to your suggestions and guidance we have incorporated many new features and improved upon the existing game engine technology.
There are two parts to the latest update: A refreshed User Interface and a new Game Engine.
The new User interface allows you to set up your team quickly and easily to get you ready for the season. If you are looking for more, it also provides added depth to allow you to control your team from the personnel on the field for a particular formation to creating or selecting a new game plan for most situations in the game. The new coaching section allows you to control each aspect of your team.
The new Game Engine has changed the way it processes plays. Rushing and Passing systems have been changed to allow for a more realistic feel on each play. In addition, the expanded play-by-play will give you a better understanding of what occurred on each play. The focus has been placed on minimizing the decision points and allowing for a play to be determined more on the attributes and game planning than on luck.
For more information, check out the update post on the Critical News forum.
NOTE: Some UI changes will be noticed immediately. The majority of the changes will not be useable until your world rolls over to version 3.0. This will occur at the start of the coaching sign up for each world. Bryant and Yost will be the first two worlds that will rollover on Oct 23rd.
Please note: Release notes can become stale. Please rely on the product's Rules, FAQ and Player Guide for official details and information.