SIMs signing recruits right when signings begin Topic

Anyone else notice that SIMs are signing many (most?) of their recruits right when signings begin at 12:00 noon on the third day (72 hours into recruiting)?

It used to be that SIMs wouldn't start signing recruits until a few days after signings began. That meant that once you locked down your most important recruits, and signed them, then you could fill out your remaining few schollies with recruits who were considering SIMs.

But now, with so many recruits signing with SIMs right when signings begin, there are far fewer decent recruits to select from if you still need to fill a scholly or two in the hours or days after signings began.

Honestly, I think I prefer it this way. It certainly improves the SIMs' recruiting, and in turn, their rosters. Makes for more competitive SIM-coached teams.
4/27/2024 12:18 AM
Is this true or no? I didn’t have that issue this time as I wasn’t battling many sims at that point that I recall, but yeah would be useful to know if so.

Also, if it is true, they probably should have told us if there was a change made…not that I disagree with the change, but if it’s been that way since the beginning, then a heads up is in order in my opinion.

4/27/2024 1:04 AM
Nothing new.
4/27/2024 2:36 AM
Zeke, I respectfully disagree. The SIMs sign their recruits much sooner now than they did back in 2021-2022 when I first started playing GD. Back then, the SIMs wouldn't start signing their recruits until a day or two after signings began. Now the SIMs start signing recruits right when signings begin.

As I said in my original post, I like this change. It makes the SIM-coached teams more competitive. Given that SIM-coached teams account for 80% of the teams, making them more competitive is a good thing. I'd estimate that 60% of my regular season games are against SIM-coached teams and these games v. SIMs are pointless, a complete snoozefest.
4/27/2024 9:15 AM (edited)
GoHawks,
I should clarify... I'm talking about SIMs signing recruits that aren't considering any human-coached schools ... the typical recruit considering three SIM-coached schools and not yet considering any human-coached schools.
4/27/2024 9:50 AM (edited)
Armchair - Is it at all divisions - I remember your scenario being a thing in D2 and D3 but D1A/AA seems to have always signed on first signing period when nobody else is considering
4/27/2024 11:19 AM
John,
That could be it. I was playing at D3 and then D2 back in 2021-2022. Now I'm playing primarily at D1AA. So that could explain it. My apologies, BigZeke.
4/27/2024 12:46 PM
Almost all recruits with only sims on them have signed at the first signing cycle for a LONG time now. There always seem to be a few exceptions, though.
4/27/2024 6:18 PM
Yeah I am not seeing much different in Stagg either with the SIMs and how they signed this recruiting season.
4/28/2024 4:51 AM
SIMs signing recruits right when signings begin Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.