I believe I am correct that there are no elite designations in 1AA. Assuming this to be the case, and regardless of World, what are the best D1AA jobs traditionally? I am looking for the BC of 1AA I guess. For recruiting I guess I’ll looking for high population density without overwhelming human competition. Any ideas?
4/19/2024 10:49 AM
Any school in Virginia is always good
4/19/2024 10:54 AM
There is a reason BC is considered one of best non Elites due to location, d1aa follows the same path imo. I have found North East D1aa to be the easiest recruiting in d1aa that I have experience with, even with Vill, georgetown, alban, princeton, etc close by plus the d1a teams there seems to be plenty of recruits to make a top class. I would assume the d1aa CA teams might also be fairly easy. My Tenn D1aa team is not nearly as easy to recruit from in comparison to my North east team tho. Every world I am in d1aa most championship lists are littered with IVY or NEC teams in the top 10
4/19/2024 11:04 AM (edited)
Valpo
4/19/2024 11:03 AM
"There is a reason BC is considered one of best non Elites due to location, d1aa follows the same path"

I think that's right, although maybe not in the way you meant. Wherever is the "best" D1A location, the same place is the best D1AA location, too. If you want to have a top D1AA program, your recruiting rivals will frequently be D1A schools, not other D1AA schools. As a top D1AA program, you can out-recruit other D1AA schools, but the D1A's will still have an advantage over you.
4/19/2024 1:12 PM
Youngstown State, Northern Iowa, San Diego are the 3 best in my opinion. One of the Texas schools isn't bad if there are no other 1AA teams or if N. Texas, Rice, Houston are unoccupied.
4/19/2024 1:35 PM
It all depends on the world and the coaches around you. You can be in a great location and have poor D-1A coaches poaching your recruits all the time. If you can fly under the radar of those coaches in a world, you can find any number of places that are good.
4/22/2024 4:55 PM
Northern Iowa, Valpo, Dayton, Texas Southern, Northeast, St Mary
4/23/2024 11:35 AM
I absolutely loved coaching at James Madison. Right in the perfect spot to be able to swoop on the Midwest or eastern seaboard. The A10 is the best conference in 1AA for sure.
4/23/2024 11:49 AM
Any school can be the "best", just takes time to develop the vision and experience in your area. Plus the effects of D1a. Other D1aa coaches around you can really make those above noted teams harder. Good coaches will always find a way to win regardless of who is around, jasonfreeman made Montana a powerhouse at one time.

Northern Iowa - if no Drake
Valparaiso - can be impacted by many close schools
Dayton - Same
Texas Southern - if no Sam Houston, Prairie View, Stevie Austin
San Diego - if no Cal Poly SLO
St. Mary's - if no California State

Etc, Etc, Etc. Can be seen in the history of NC teams. Every D1aa school has won one.
4/23/2024 3:34 PM
Posted by ricemt28 on 4/19/2024 10:54:00 AM (view original):
Any school in Virginia is always good
Agreed. I followed you at Richmond in Rockne and have had a top 5 GUESS recruiting class every year.

Still haven't captured that elusive title yet though.
4/27/2024 4:48 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.