Draft Every Player/Season Exclusive DEP17 (full) Topic

Here it is, Season 17 of ejstockman's twist on DEAL, Draft Every Play/Exclusive Season (DEP17)

Once again this will be a snake style draft involving 24 owners. The draft will take place in the baseball theme leagues forum.

--Each team will draft a full 25 man team plus a stadium. ALL PLAYER SEASONS DRAFTED ARE EXCLUSIVE--meaning, Babe Ruth '23 can only be drafted once and is exclusive for his/her owner. But that still leaves Babe '27 and all the other Babe seasons out there for the taking until someone takes another, different exclusive season. Then that season is off the board as well. Once you draft a player season, you are committed to that season and once a season is picked, whether partial or full, it's off the table.

You cannot have any clones on your team. Once you pick a Babe season, that is the only time you can use Babe.

- NOTE: The Ohtani Exception - For every season where Shohei Ohtani is both a pitcher and a hitter, he can be drafted as both. The pitcher and the hitter will each require a separate pick, so you will need to declare if the pick is for a hitter or a pitcher. But the hitter and the pitcher from the same season will not be considered to be a clone, so both will be allowed on the same team.

-- $255 million cap.

-- We will do one round of drafting per day. Each round will (including Round 1) be ON the clock starting on April 20, meaning you can be skipped if you miss your draft slot time. Each owner gets a half hour draft slot from 9 am to 8:30 pm EDT. If you miss your slot, you can be skipped, and make up the pick later in the draft. You can be skipped even when the drafting starts the next day, so be aware.

-- For this draft, we will do 17 rounds (days) of one pick per owner, then three days of two picks per owner, and then one day of three picks per owner--so the draft should take 21 days. That gives each owner picks for 25 players plus an exclusive stadium.

-- We WILL be using a DH. There will be NO waiver wire or minor leaguers. During the draft, trades will be allowed, both of unused draft picks and/or actual players who have been drafted. Once the draft is complete though, there will be no trading.

-- The entire WIS baseball database is open. Players from 1885-2023 available for drafting.

Draft order and divisions will be randomly generated once the sign up list is full.

I plan to post the draft order in the Theme League forum once the league is filled and start OFF THE CLOCK drafting (no one can be skipped). We will then pick up Round 1 ON THE CLOCK from wherever we are two days later. If you sign up, watch your sitemail for the schedule and be ready to make your pick when we go ON the Clock because you can be skipped.

Who's in?
4/19/2024 11:10 AM (edited)
Signup list

1. roadhouse19;
2. cal8ss;
3. TulsaG;
4. je3rd;
5. dilligafdbp;
6. spasticcolon;
7. homiealiens;
8. cholatse;
9. DarthDurron;
10. dippedncrack;
11. eblankenstei;
12. Bill_James47;
13. ejstockman;
14. Zato;
15. PrimetimeTW;
16. jbar8888;
17. kelly1;
18. annashalom;
19. ronthegenius;
20. ybjsports;
21. The Taint;
22. mllama54

23. pick1or2
24. schwartz

Waitlist

Distribution list

annashalom; Bill_James47; cal8ss; cholatse; DarthDurron; dilligafdbp; dippedncrack; eblankenstei; ejstockman; jbar8888; homiealiens; je3rd; kelly1; mllama54; pick1or2; PrimetimeTW; roadhouse19; ronthegenius; schwartz; spasticcolon; The Taint; TulsaG; ybjsports; Zato;
4/23/2024 12:06 PM (edited)
I am in.
4/11/2024 9:02 PM
Posted by mllama54 on 4/11/2024 9:02:00 PM (view original):
I am in.
Excellent!! Welcome aboard.
4/11/2024 9:21 PM
Best part if you join this fun league and are one of the last 2 spots-we'll be drafting right away!
4/17/2024 12:58 PM
I will Join.. Is there anyone out there wanting to join my Theme? MLB139868. It is a fun puzzle and will take a little while to do. Hope you at least look into it.
4/18/2024 11:44 AM
Looks like we are down to the final spot. Who will take it?!?
4/21/2024 10:23 PM (edited)
Come join the best run league/draft in WIS...

Just need one...

DBP
4/23/2024 10:34 AM
I am having draft withdrawal symptoms.... I'll take the last spot.
4/23/2024 10:51 AM
Posted by schwarze on 4/23/2024 10:51:00 AM (view original):
I am having draft withdrawal symptoms.... I'll take the last spot.
Awesome!! Welcome schwartz.

I'll create a new schedule and get us going.
4/23/2024 12:06 PM
Draft Every Player/Season Exclusive DEP17 (full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.