Site Update Topic

Posted by edsortails on 3/28/2024 5:35:00 AM (view original):
Lennybruce is not afraid.

Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn
World serves its own needs, something something something something
Right on.
I don’t even know the guy.
With a name like Sinatra I would remember that’s for sure.
3/28/2024 7:03 PM (edited)
Posted by sinatra on 3/27/2024 11:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 3/27/2024 11:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sinatra on 3/27/2024 7:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 3/27/2024 6:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sinatra on 3/27/2024 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sinatra on 3/25/2024 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 7:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cregen7 on 3/25/2024 7:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 7:13:00 PM (view original):
Hockey still gets ignored?? I have been on this site over 20 years, and the last meaningful update to SIM Hockey was over 187 years ago.

I have all but lost interest in wasting any more time with this site. Sad to see it dying

You could at least create a blacklist system that actually WORKS. Been harping on that for 10 years too
No one is going to take you seriously with that font.
it's a lot easier to read than your crappy ariel

You are a nobody and have never played one game of anything. So we don't take you seriously either
I bet he posts Minions memes on Facebook
You are another one who has never spent a dime here. and I am not on FB. Maybe u are a bot.
Hello smart person. I've been a member of this site for over 20 years and have played hundreds of season. Are you unaware that this thread is for the entire site, and not just SimLeague Hockey?
I don’t understand the sardonic comment. He spoke about his passion on WIS. You are saying that is somehow wrong to talk about hockey. Some have mentioned baseball and some basketball and some general comments. I say keep your crank to yourself.
Thank you for your input, person who is definitely NOT well known for going off the deep end over nothing!

Their post was not easy to understand. Where is here? Given the placement of this thread within the forum and the site at large, "here" is WIS, where I have spent a ton of money. Then saying I'm a bot for not understanding that they think this thread is only about hockey? Come on.
Nobody complained about the post but you.
Im sorry if I cannot understand the tone against someone for not following your rules for what is and is not allowed to be discussed.

Grow up and chill out.
When you were in my league, I got roughly 83459234923590235 sitemails from you crying about this, crying about that, saying unhinged things, and I am supposed to grow up? When criticized, I always consider the source.

Nobody said they can't discuss SL Hockey. I was commenting on the obvious implication that was made by them that somehow SL Hockey was the ONLY thing that anybody cares about (if you don't play SL hockey, you're not a customer of the site, let alone an actual human). At any rate, I got a sitemail from lostnfound and we were both cordial.

As for you, please don't let this get your blood pressure too high.
Lost and found is always cordial. He is a good guy.
3/28/2024 8:07 PM
Posted by jholthus on 3/26/2024 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Hello everyone,

It has been some time since we have done a full site update so we would like to use this time to do that.

We have recently pushed updates for Hoops Dynasty and Gridiron Dynasty as we continue to bring in quality of life updates and fixes for prominent issues and loopholes within the games. We have also started rolling Q&A forum posts for the games so that the users have an opportunity to interact with the developers and find answers to questions that they would like answered.

We are currently working on an update for HBD that will bolster the AI functionality within the game to be able to competently maintain a franchise. We will use this improved AI to be in charge of teams in HBD worlds. We will allow worlds to roll with these AI managers if they choose to and/or are having issues getting the world to fill. There will be a limit to how many AI controlled teams are allowed in a world but the hope is that this will help worlds roll more frequently and stay more on a “schedule”.

In regards to the future of WIS, we want to be fully transparent with the community. Right now some of our resources are being distributed amongst other parts of the company which leaves us with one CS staff member (Jordan) and one full-time developer (Jacob). We are working diligently behind the scenes to ensure that game updates are happening and are happening in reasonable time frames given the workload needed to update these older games and the time constraints to a limited staff. That being said, we are at a spot where we are really needing the community’s loyalty and support more than ever. We appreciate the tenured users who have stuck with us through the changing of hands the site has been through and the rate of updates that has happened throughout the last several years. We want to focus on updates that the various communities in the games feel would be in the best interest of the games overall. As such I will be creating forum posts/polls (links to be included later) to include a list of possible update options for several of the games. We will use this information to help guide us and prioritize where users believe our efforts can most be focused.

We appreciate your feedback and understand that there are a lot of great ideas on improvements that should or need to happen. With that, please keep any feedback or suggestions appropriate and helpful. When the forum posts go live we will be looking for suggestions for improvements and not for “off topic” posts or rants.

Thank you again from all of us at Whatifsports!
SITE STAFF

GD POLL - https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=541839
HD POLL - https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=541841
HBD POLL - https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=541840
Bring back AAA in opens!
3/29/2024 6:12 PM
Posted by clackumus on 3/29/2024 6:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jholthus on 3/26/2024 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Hello everyone,

It has been some time since we have done a full site update so we would like to use this time to do that.

We have recently pushed updates for Hoops Dynasty and Gridiron Dynasty as we continue to bring in quality of life updates and fixes for prominent issues and loopholes within the games. We have also started rolling Q&A forum posts for the games so that the users have an opportunity to interact with the developers and find answers to questions that they would like answered.

We are currently working on an update for HBD that will bolster the AI functionality within the game to be able to competently maintain a franchise. We will use this improved AI to be in charge of teams in HBD worlds. We will allow worlds to roll with these AI managers if they choose to and/or are having issues getting the world to fill. There will be a limit to how many AI controlled teams are allowed in a world but the hope is that this will help worlds roll more frequently and stay more on a “schedule”.

In regards to the future of WIS, we want to be fully transparent with the community. Right now some of our resources are being distributed amongst other parts of the company which leaves us with one CS staff member (Jordan) and one full-time developer (Jacob). We are working diligently behind the scenes to ensure that game updates are happening and are happening in reasonable time frames given the workload needed to update these older games and the time constraints to a limited staff. That being said, we are at a spot where we are really needing the community’s loyalty and support more than ever. We appreciate the tenured users who have stuck with us through the changing of hands the site has been through and the rate of updates that has happened throughout the last several years. We want to focus on updates that the various communities in the games feel would be in the best interest of the games overall. As such I will be creating forum posts/polls (links to be included later) to include a list of possible update options for several of the games. We will use this information to help guide us and prioritize where users believe our efforts can most be focused.

We appreciate your feedback and understand that there are a lot of great ideas on improvements that should or need to happen. With that, please keep any feedback or suggestions appropriate and helpful. When the forum posts go live we will be looking for suggestions for improvements and not for “off topic” posts or rants.

Thank you again from all of us at Whatifsports!
SITE STAFF

GD POLL - https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=541839
HD POLL - https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=541841
HBD POLL - https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=541840
Bring back AAA in opens!
I could not agree more. I have zero interest in them without the AAA.
3/29/2024 7:15 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 3/26/2024 7:33:00 PM (view original):

But really, the biggest thing the site is missing is new players.

So true! I have no real issue with the Sim, as far as SLB is concerned. Well, maybe one thing: if WIS could come up with a good way to do dynamic pricing, then Open Leagues wouldn't be such drudgery. But there are enough progs and theme leagues out there that I can easily live without OLs.

Find a way to advertise the site, because it's dying now. We need new blood. The average age of users must be over 60.
100% - I'm 43 and feel like one of the newbies. I've been playing regularly since 2008.

This is a GREAT SITE. Let's get some new folks who love each sport to come play!
3/30/2024 12:14 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 3/26/2024 8:18:00 PM (view original):
Also WIS is under appreciated by some. It really is incredible. I was on another site for a few months. I forget the name of it. It is run by one guy in fact now that I remember, his first name is Guy. He is the creator and it is Horrible! It has a limited bunch of nasty people with no sense of humor and the games are truly terrible. If WIS is a 10 that site is a 1. It is free asking for donations while it is a complete waste of time.

From my vantage point this is the premium sim experience and yeah there can be improvements but it isn’t like WIS isn’t great.
Totally agree w/ this as well. It's great...but there are a few improvements that could happen. If this site were marketed more widely, I do believe it would grow and become more enjoyable instead of feeling like it has been forgotten.

Let's show prospective new customers how great it really is!
3/30/2024 12:16 PM
If WIS was an app the sky is the limit so to speak.
3/30/2024 12:33 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 3/30/2024 12:33:00 PM (view original):
If WIS was an app the sky is the limit so to speak.
How's things, Lenny? hey if someone who calls themself a staffer wants to be a jerk, then the real hassle is when a PROSPECTIVE member Sees that crapola and says to his self 'Just another slum site dressed as a website"

The marketing experts at WIS could not sell a parka to a naked Eskimo in Inuvik. As for me, I would fire that guy

but ....No matter where you go, there you are
3/31/2024 1:31 AM
Posted by cregen7 on 3/25/2024 8:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 7:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cregen7 on 3/25/2024 7:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 3/25/2024 7:13:00 PM (view original):
Hockey still gets ignored?? I have been on this site over 20 years, and the last meaningful update to SIM Hockey was over 187 years ago.

I have all but lost interest in wasting any more time with this site. Sad to see it dying

You could at least create a blacklist system that actually WORKS. Been harping on that for 10 years too
No one is going to take you seriously with that font.
it's a lot easier to read than your crappy ariel

You have never played one game of anything. So we don't take you seriously either
Who is “we”? And how are you still unable to navigate the menu after clicking on my username? I’m playing 2 different games currently which is obvious to anyone who doesn’t use AOL as their email provider.

Perhaps if you’re this inept with technology you should sit out the updates thread.
Who is WE? the people who pay you, moron.
3/31/2024 1:37 AM
Posted by cregen7 on 3/25/2024 7:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by altoqueso on 3/25/2024 7:11:00 PM (view original):
the downward spiral continunes. wish you guys well in your next job. i'm out.
Never heard of you + this isn’t an airport so no need to announce a departure + L + ratio
You got quite the mouth, for a young punk, eh? Are you here to work? Or just to **** off the members?
3/31/2024 1:56 AM
Unfortunately, I read through all this disorganized mess and like many other forums here it turned into a ******* match because someone had an opinion so I will respectfully restate again what I said before that may provide some clarity so folks can make their own decisions.
  • The site has been great but is stagnant and has limited resources. So it is important those resources be focused on the priorities that maximize the return. I simply asked to see which products make the most $. (HBD, SLB, Hockey, NFL, etc.) If a product takes 40% of the expenses to run but generates 10%, kill it.
  • The range of issues here is the site talking about having limited resources to requesting very minor tweaks to guys complaining about NO updates for greater than a decade to calls for better marketing. Wouldnt it be easier to say we have X capacity available, of that X is required to keep the lights on so the remainder is all that is available and here is where we are focused Right now as a SLB only player, not sure if the neglect is because the site itself is failing for all or if SLB is a loss leader product and they dont really care about it. Your users pay the bills, do they get an opinion? I didnt say they make the decision but no one has a clue on factors being used.
  • I am sure there are many good ideas (CoachGreat offered to help) and myself and others have and would gladly again take the time and make a lot of suggestions but to the original issue. If there is NO money or plan WHY bother? If you dont want suggestions or cannot afford to do them? Then thats that. If HBD cannot fill leagues because users dont like it or the userbase is dwindling, kill it. (No margin/No Mission) Again, nothing against any of the products but without knowing which ones pay the bills it seems trying to satisfy everyone is going to end up sinking the ship for everyone.
  • Finally, it is NOT about taking care of long term customers nuances, it is about having a sustainable product folks want to use that will attract and retain newer users. Im a 20yr guy, this has been amazing site. Make a business decision. Be transparent do not overpromise/tease. If you need to retire a nonprofitable product. DO IT.
4/1/2024 9:42 AM
Everybody has an equal right to give an opinion without conforming to someone else’s model of expressing it. I don’t need anyone to clarify my own thoughts for their satisfaction.

The cloak of anonymity sure does bring out the pompous side to I would say - all of us. Me included but at least I recognize it.

We do not know the yearly revenue or salary expense. We do not know exactly how many employees there are. We do not know what the regular maintenance costs are. We do not know if there is anyone on staff who is capable of creating or modifying the programs or is someone from the outside brought in for that.

All that I know is that there isn’t a structure for making changes or modifications in a way that soothes our savage souls.I wish that infrastructure improvements for each game could be planned and set forth and then done with certain timeframes approximated.

An app I understand can cost 50 - 75 thousand and maybe half of that in the second year and then about 15 thousand per year.

We do not know if it is affordable or not. But I think that a lot of people do search the App Store for sports fantasy games. Conjecture on my part but I think true.

Maybe a comprehensive look at one sport at a time would be most cost and time effective. But I don’t think that it should be assumed that money is not an issue. And we do not know how much money hiring coders or programmers etc to do these things might cost - me being computer deaf dumb and blind - knows nothing about that.
4/2/2024 11:00 AM (edited)
I would love to see a realignment of conferences - expecally at the GD DII level that would be alittle closer to reality.

Thanks for all you do. I enjoy the game!
4/2/2024 7:34 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 3/28/2024 7:03:00 PM (view original):

Right on.
You were in one season of my progressive league. 1962. You and another user bickered constantly and both quit after that one season. Made my life easier. I just verified this in the league records.
4/3/2024 2:17 PM (edited)
Posted by sinatra on 4/3/2024 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 3/28/2024 7:03:00 PM (view original):

Right on.
You were in one season of my progressive league. 1962. You and another user bickered constantly and both quit after that one season. Made my life easier. I just verified this in the league records.
Hallelujah. You have a gripe. I’m sorry that it was so bad that you had to bring it up here several times.I don’t even remember being in your league but iI
if I was big whoop and so what. What you need to prove is beyond me.
Evidently because you have a gripe it means that I am disqualified from having an opinion.
If I was in your league maybe I quit for a valid reason and maybe it had something to do with you.
Either way get over it. It is weird to bring it up here just because I rendered an opinion.

I could say grow up but I won’t.

4/3/2024 2:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Site Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.